Author Topic: Harry's Stats plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions (Small Favor through Cold Days)  (Read 171882 times)

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
Consider that Magog is only dumb by the standards of creatures older than Time. The Fallen's version of "stupid thug" might be the human version of "400-point IQ".

And Magog's speed could go either way. Harry describes him as shockingly speedy and agile for his size, but that could just as easily be Inhuman.
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Is it possible to stat Bob?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Possible? Certainly. Going to happen? As soon as I re-read Ghost Story...which may be a little while, since I got distracted from the Dresden Files by other stuff. I'll get back to it and stat him sometime soon-ish.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
When you reread Ghost Story, can you also do Mort around that time, too? I mean, he took down an Heir of Kemmler. After being tortured for a while. I think this puts sufficiently on the badass-o-meter.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Oh, totally. Butters is getting an update around then, and Daniel Carpenter'll probably get stats, as will Sir Stewart and others I feel are appropriate.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Possible? Certainly. Going to happen? As soon as I re-read Ghost Story...which may be a little while, since I got distracted from the Dresden Files by other stuff. I'll get back to it and stat him sometime soon-ish.
Bob, I presume, has Lore ridiculously high and a handful of stunts that let him do a lot of stuff with it.

But generally speaking, I have to agree with the book--Bob's more of a plot device than a character.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Is it possible to stat Bob?

I'm pretty sure Sanctaphrax did, after GS, using a bunch of custom powers - but I sure can't find it, even by searching.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure Sanctaphrax did, after GS, using a bunch of custom powers - but I sure can't find it, even by searching.

It's here. Mine will likely differ quite a bit...but be capable of many of the same things.

Bob, I presume, has Lore ridiculously high and a handful of stunts that let him do a lot of stuff with it.

But generally speaking, I have to agree with the book--Bob's more of a plot device than a character.

Very possibly true...but that doesn't mean he doesn't have stats, it means he has stats that make him a good plot device. Or at least it would in my games.  :)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
I wrote up Mort, too.

My style differs from DMW's a bit, though. Look at our takes on Shiro for a demonstration of how.

PS: If you're having trouble searching a thread, hit Print Thread and use Control-F. It works much better than the forum search.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
PS: If you're having trouble searching a thread, hit Print Thread and use Control-F. It works much better than the forum search.

Oh. LOL. It never even occurred to me to check this thread... I'd totally forgotten you'd statted stuff here. :-[

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
If you're still taking suggestions, could you do Mavra? She doesn't have a full stat block in OW - and OW's Master Blampire only goes up to Great skills...

The Eebs might be interesting too.

Alternately, I could stat them, if you're still OK with other people posting stats here.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
As I've said before, anyone who doesn't mind (hopefully constructive) criticism is welcome to post here, though I'm only putting my stuff in the index.

And...we've never seen Mavra actually fight, so I feel like statting her is premature. She's smart, has Wizard-level magic, something like Kemmlerian Necromancy, and is good at veils...but that's seriously all we know. Skill-wise, she's probably Superb in Intimidation and Deceit, plus maybe some magical skills...but again, that's approaching all we know about her beyond the Black Court basics.

The Eebs are more doable...but not that interesting (being mostly bog-standard Red Court plus a little mental mojo and Pack Instincts for their bond with each other...plus pretty good skills, I guess). I guess I could throw 'em up though.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
And I'm reading Ghost Story again. stats for various people up at some point, but right now I've just updated Harry's stats, as (and I'd forgotten this) he indisputably kills a human with magic in Ghost Story. So, there's Lawbreaker to -2 right there. That does mean we can stop worrying about that sort of thing from here on out, though. He gets Milestones faster than he kills people, so he can actually just ignore the changing Aspects thing for the most part as long as he doesn't go on a killing spree or break any other Laws.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:43:02 AM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
No. Corpsetaker is a ghost. Not a human.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
No. Corpsetaker is a ghost. Not a human.

I'm not talking about her. He burned one of the Fomor's human minions to death while possessing Molly. Much as those guys have been physically modified, they're still quite definitely human, and referred to as such.