Author Topic: Harry's Stats plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions (Small Favor through Cold Days)  (Read 171894 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The Middle and Elder Gruffs have had their skills adjusted slightly, just FYI.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Name: Magog

Aspects:
High Concept: Denarian Bruiser
Trouble: The Arrogance of Strength
Other:
Unstoppable Force;
Quick To Anger;
Basically A Thug;
Dependent On My Host;

Skills:

Fantastic: Fists, Might,
Superb: Athletics, Endurance,
Great: Deceit, Lore, Intimidation,
Good: Alertness, Conviction, Discipline, Presence,
Fair: Contacts, Investigation, Scholarship, Stealth,
Average: Burglary, Empathy, Resources, Survival,

Stunts:

Takes One To Know One (Deceit) (-1)
No Pain, No Gain (Endurance) (-1)
Step Into The Blow (Fists) (-1)
One On One Fighter (Fists) (+1 to Fists when fighting a single opponent) (-1)
Wrestler (Might) (-1)
Linguist (Scholarship) (-1)

Powers:

Echoes of the Beast [-1]
Claws [-1]
Mythic Strength [-6]
Supernatural Speed [-4]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Supernatural Recovery [-4]
The Catch is holy stuff [+2]

Total: -24 Refresh

Stress:

Mental: OOOO
Physical: OOOO(OOOO) (+2 Mild Consequences)
Social: OOOO
Armor: 2.

Here's Magog. Statted at about Rosanna's level, though specialized very differently. He's basically just a thug, but a hefty, scary, one. Not a lot else to say, really.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Name: Deirdre

Aspects:
High Concept: Daddy's Little Denarian
Trouble: Dependent On Her Father
Other:
Denarian Host;
Cruel and Vindictive;
Incest;
Steel Scales, Steel Blades;
Bloodlust

Skills:

Fantastic: Fists,
Superb: Athletics, Alertness, Endurance,
Great: Deceit, Lore, Scholarship,
Good: Conviction, Discipline, Intimidation, Presence,
Fair: Investigation, Might, Rapport, Resources, Stealth,
Average: Burglary, Contacts, Guns, Empathy, Survival,

Stunts:

Target Rich Environment (Fists) (+1 to Fists when outnumbered) (-1)

Powers:

Echoes of the Beast [-1]
Sponsored Magic: Hellfire [-4]
Claws (w/ Area Effect and Extended: She can attack an entire zone at once if she wishes, though she can't exempt people if doing this, and can attack adjacent zones with he hair) [-4]
Supernatural Strength [-4]
Supernatural Speed [-4]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Supernatural Recovery [-4]

Total: -26 Refresh

Enchanted Items:

Defensive Bracelet (8 shift Block or Armor 4, 7/session) [8 Item Slots]

Stress:

Mental: OOOO
Physical: OOOO(OOOO) (+1 Mild Consequence)
Armor: 2.

And here's Deirdre. I gave her Hellfire and her enchanted Item both to round her out and because it seemed lie she had some magical ability...if not enough to really equal the true spellcasters among the Denarians, and because her invincibility seemed notable (and is helped to be explained by the item). Thaumaturgy alone is also a possibility, the big thing is that her Evocation sucks. She's a scary lady with that damn hair. She's at about the Magog/Rosanna power level, which sounds right.

Indeed, I've now got around three power levels established for Denarians:

The thug level, -15 to -20 Refresh. We only learn these guys names in passing and precious few have magic. They're scary by reasonable standards, but as Denarians go, they're small fry.
The scary badass level. The one Deirdre is at, right around -26 Refresh, and either spellcasters or true powers sans spells. Cassius and Ursiel were also this level, as are Magog and Rosanna.
The Ohmigod Level: Tessa, Nicodemus, Thorned Namshiel, and likely Lasciel in her full glory (though I guess with a crappy host she might be 'merely' the next level down). Maybe one or two others currently locked up by the Church. -33 Refresh plus. Some of the most badass folks you're ever likely to go up against.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Oh my God level? Are you sure that's how you want to refer to the champions of hell?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Oh my God level? Are you sure that's how you want to refer to the champions of hell?

It's what their victims say when they see them. I think it's an accurate assessment.  :)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Name: Thorned Namshiel

Aspects:
High Concept: Denarian Master of Magic
Trouble: Mortals Are Lesser Beings
Other:
Teacher of Magic;
Gaunt and Monstrous to Behold;
Host of a Blackened Denarius;

Skills:

Fantastic: Lore,
Superb: Conviction, Deceit, Discipline,
Great: Contacts, Investigation, Presence, Scholarship,
Good: Alertness, Athletics, Endurance, Intimidation,
Fair: Burglary, Fists, Resources, Stealth,
Average: Empathy, Might, Rapport, Survival,

Stunts:

Pickpocket (Deceit) (-1)

Powers:

Supernatural Mental Toughness [-4]
Refinement [-16]
Evocation [-3]
Thaumaturgy [-3]
Sponsored Magic: Hellfire [-2]
The Sight [-1]
Soulgaze [-0]
Claws [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]

Total: -39 Refresh

Specializations:

Evocation: Elements (Air, Water, Spirit); Power (Water +1, Spirit +3), Control (Water +2, Spirit +4)
Thaumaturgy: Control (Hellfire +1); Complexity (Divination +2, Summoning and Binding +4, Hellfire +6, Wards +5, Transportation and Worlwalking +3)

Focus Items:

Bracelet [+2 Offensive Power and +1 Offensive Control with Spirit]
Amulet [+2 Defensive Power and +1 Defensive Control with Spirit]

Enchanted Items:

Defensive Ring (6 shift Block or Armor 3, 3/session) [2 Item Slots]

Stress:

Mental: OOOO(OOOO) (+1 Mild Consequence)
Physical: OOOO(OO)
Armor: 1 vs. physical stuff, 2 vs. mental effects, otherwise by spell or item effect.

And here's Thorned Namshiel, last of the Denarian heavy-hitters. Another 10 shift evocation user, this one with even better Thaumaturgy than Nicodemus (though Nick's Noose boost him almost equal). He's scary magically, smart and versatile, but not really built with combat in mind and falls apart under determined assault.

Almost a Senior council level Thaumaturge (though his low control bonuses mean he takes longer at it), though, which synchs up with what he was able to achieve in terms of ridiculous ritual magic in Small Favor.

EDIT: Added Supernatural Mental Toughness.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 07:22:07 AM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Question: should Spinyboy be lower Refresh than Tessa? I know he'd have more Refinements, but Tessa is referred to be second only to DJ Nicky D himself, so she should probably have a refresh second only to his. Probably with Supernatural instead of Inhuman stuff.

Also, Magog should not really have those scholarship stunts. He's big dumb and stupid.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Question: should Spinyboy be lower Refresh than Tessa? I know he'd have more Refinements, but Tessa is referred to be second only to DJ Nicky D himself, so she should probably have a refresh second only to his. Probably with Supernatural instead of Inhuman stuff.

I disagree. she's the second oldest Denarian...that doesn't necessarily mean second most powerful. She's also a leader, which helps her to be considered scary. I mean, she plus Magog or rosanna could beat Namshiel's ass, and that's how it would go if there happened to be a fight. Namshiel's clearly a vastly better spellcaster than her...and there are certain Denarian minimums in the physical stuff.

Also, Magog should not really have those scholarship stunts. He's big dumb and stupid.

This is the actual Fallen we're talking about. He's thousands of years old. At that age, a Lore of only Fair is...unimpressive. And Linguist is just for extra languages. If one of the actual Fallen doesn't speak several of those...something's seriously wrong there.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Harry didn't take Linguist when he had Lash in his head. I'd just call speaking languages an invocation of the various "Fallen in my head" aspects with Hell sponsor debt instead of an actual stunt.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Harry didn't take Linguist when he had Lash in his head. I'd just call speaking languages an invocation of the various "Fallen in my head" aspects with Hell sponsor debt instead of an actual stunt.

I don't, for those with names (see Rosanna...I do it anyway for those who've lived long enough ala Nicodemus...but that's a different thing). But Magog, as statted, isn't the Host, it's the Fallen inside, and that being needs some linguistic knowledge.

Still, upon reflection, I am dropping Namshiel's Recovery to merely Inhuman. That might help a bit with your concerns in that area.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Why don't the "human named" spellcasting Denarians have Lawbreaker: First?

If they get it, though, they should lose Evocation Refinements. (Really, I don't think they deserve many, except Namshiel - Harry seems to think only Tessa and Namshiel qualify as 'Council-level', and only Namshiel seems better than SmF-Harry.)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I made a judgment call. Possibly a wrong judgment call, that adding those would be...problematic at best for such creatures. Mostly because we have no idea what Laws they've broken aside from the First, and no idea where the Fallen starts and the Human ends. It's...just a weird combination. They are likely to have it though, I admit...

Tessa, Nicodemus, and Rosanna are the only three it'd likely effect anyway. Maybe I'll adjust them a bit...

And I agree with you mostly. Note that Harry's a better Evoker than any of them but Tessa and Namshiel, and Tessa was good enough to actually require the Archive to put effort into stopping her, so she's at least fairly potent.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Can we get an updated version of Lily and a build of Gard if possible?. I think the axe she used in Even Hand is a pretty neat enchanted item for her to have.

Note: I haven't forgotten this, I'm just back at school and my reading speed has slowed (I mostly did the Denarians on my trip here). Still, Lily will be up in a bit.

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Good to hear. I'd suggest giving Lily and Maeve both Shape shifter  as according to Fix they and the rest of their retainers flew to Demon Reach as birds.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
That might be better represented as both of them taking two or more points of sponsor debt to gain the Beast Change and Wings powers for a scene.
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.