Author Topic: Harry's Stats plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions (Small Favor through Cold Days)  (Read 171936 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's Stats as of Small Favor/Turn Coat plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2011, 04:12:24 AM »
Heh, sure, whatever. De-quoting.

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's Stats as of Small Favor/Turn Coat plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Here's a first cut of Daniel Carpenter, all grown up in Ghost Story:

Daniel Carpenter (Up To Your Waist)

High Concept: Son of a Knight of the Cross
Trouble Aspect: Angry Young Man
Other Aspects: Bad Guys Hate My Family, Nobody Hurts the Carpenters, Faced Down Fetches and Survived, Something to Prove, The Invincibility of Youth

Skills:
Great: Conviction
Good: Athletics, Endurance, Weapons
Fair: Alertness, Discipline, Fists, Might
Average: Craftsmanship, Driving, Empathy, Scholarship

Stunts:
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

He's a Pure Mortal, but not sure about Stunts. Perhaps Resilient Self Image and On My Toes?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »
Aspects look great.

Skills are pretty good, although I would probably give him a bit of Intimidation and maybe some Presence. Some of his lower skills are probably just guesswork, so there's room for change.

As for stunts:

Just about the only information we have about Daniel's specific skills is that he's been trained to fight against supernaturally fast opponents.

As such, I suggest stunts giving +2 to Athletics dodge and +1 to Weapons attack against opponents with Speed powers.

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
Aspects look great.

Skills are pretty good, although I would probably give him a bit of Intimidation and maybe some Presence. Some of his lower skills are probably just guesswork, so there's room for change.

Ironically, I had both of those in at Average before deciding to go with Craftsmanship and Scholarship instead.

As for stunts:

Just about the only information we have about Daniel's specific skills is that he's been trained to fight against supernaturally fast opponents.

As such, I suggest stunts giving +2 to Athletics dodge and +1 to Weapons attack against opponents with Speed powers.

Custom ones? Is that one Stunt or two? I could see the first being a twist on Acrobat, +1 to Athletics to dodge melee attacks, with a further +1 against opponents using Supernatural Speed.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2011, 09:31:43 PM »
That'd two custom stunts.

Tweaking existing stunts seems like a mistake here, creating new ones is easier and more effective. Also more aesthetically pleasing, which I care about even if most people don't.

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 11, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »
Could you stat up the Eebs and the Ik'k'uox ?. I'd also like to see a build of Gard with her axe from Even Hand as it's probably an Item of Power being able to deflect magic,as well as Marcone's anti magic musket ball. Seeing Mag's Stats would be cool as well.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2011, 05:56:22 AM »
The ick has been done a couple of times. Once by Deadmanwalking, and once by vultur.

vultur did his version today, so maybe it was aimed at you. I don't know.

I could take a shot at the Eebs and the Even Hand crowd if you describe them. Changes was a long time ago and I never read Even Hand.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2011, 07:09:47 AM »
In other news, here's my take on Daniel Carpenter. I copied a lot from Kiero, I don't mind admitting it.

Daniel Carpenter (Up To Your Waist)

High Concept: Son of a Knight of the Cross
Trouble Aspect: Angry Young Man
Other Aspects: Bad Guys Hate My Family, Nobody Hurts the Carpenters, Faced Down Fetches and Survived, Something to Prove, The Invincibility of Youth
Skills:
Great: Conviction
Good: Athletics, Endurance, Weapons
Fair: Alertness, Discipline, Might, Fists
Average: Craftsmanship, Presence, Empathy, Intimidation
Stunts:
On My Toes (Alertness): +2 to initiative.
Anti-Speed Training (Athletics): +2 to dodge the melee attacks of opponents with Speed powers.
Son Of A Knight (Weapons): Inflict +2 stress when fighting in defence of others.
Brave Young Man (Conviction): Use Conviction to defend against fear.
Total Refresh Cost:
-2 (Pure Mortal)
Refresh Total:

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 13, 2011, 01:06:23 AM »
vultur did his version today, so maybe it was aimed at you. I don't know.

Yeah, I just forgot to post a link here as I planned, thanks for linking to it...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2011, 02:24:47 AM »
You're very welcome.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 13, 2011, 03:41:49 AM »
And some fomor (Mag, the weird 'warped beast' gorilla-things, and two 'generic fomor thugs').

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2011, 04:56:20 AM »
In Even Hand Gard has an axe covered in a finite amount of runes along the blade that were capable of weakening or turning aside powerful magical attacks for a limited time though she still took a certain amount of  damage from them. Marcone has an 18th century flintlock dragoon pistol  that  shot an anti-magic/ward musket ball  which Gard said after making it she was knocked out for three weeks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:01:10 AM by Jebm »

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2011, 04:29:19 AM »
I know this somewhat of an odd request but could someone do Vitto Malvora?. For being skilled with weapons and guns, having faster speed and reaction time then both Lara and Thomas according to Harry and a good pain threshold to have his leg on fire the entire duel,the poor guy has no stunts what so ever.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »
Sorry, I don't remember enough about Vitto to provide stats.

But by posting here you reminded me about your earlier requests.

Gard's axe is a simple enchanted item providing armour against magical attacks.

The musket ball is a thaumaturgical ritual. Not sure exactly what it did from your description, but it's probably a counterspell. Either that or a block against magic. I'd charge a hefty complexity tax for the ability to store it for later use, if I were GMing.

PS: Will write up tengu tomorrow.

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
Thanks. I'd never figured Gard's axe would be so simple,but it works and as for Marcone the bullet is designed to pierce through magical defenses, so a counter spell would probably be the most effective choice to do it.

White Night is my favorite out of the three "vampire duel"  climaxes after Changes, which where the request came from. As for Vittorio's stats I don't really see a reason for changing anything aside from giving him some stunts to work with.
 I'd suggest:
Fleet of Foot
Mighty Leap
Too Fast to Hit
Fast Reload
Hand-Eye Coordination
Quick Draw