Author Topic: Typo thread  (Read 26759 times)

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Typo thread
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »
... and that Bob should shut up more often.
There's quite a lot of telling Bob to shut up already, check out the index under "Shut up Bob" :D
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 03:05:27 AM »
YS126 False face forward first sentence.... :instead of Rapport to...

YS128 Mental Defense. 2nd paragraph.....when your Conviction and Discipline scores aren't lined up with each another...

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:33 AM »
YS126 False face forward first sentence.... :instead of Rapport to...

Maybe corrected already? Reads "instead of Rapport as" in my updated version.

YS128 Mental Defense. 2nd paragraph.....when your Conviction and Discipline scores aren't lined up with each another...

Ah, clearly that used to be "one another", or something like that. Thanks!
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
Maybe corrected already? Reads "instead of Rapport as" in my updated version.

Ah, clearly that used to be "one another", or something like that. Thanks!
Yep, must already be corrected in the updated file.

Offline TheeGravedigger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »
OW109. The text regarding Bob's location during Harry's time at Hog's Hollow, it spans the page awkwardly, with Bob's Text crossing from the bottom of the left column to a higher line near the bottom of the right column, with Harry's Text sitting in the middle at a funny angle. It is a bit awkward to read the way it's placed.

Offline R00kie

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Whirly Waffles
The Catch costs
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »
YSp80 Red Court Infected Musts

"For the Recovery and Toughness abilities, the Catch (page 185)
is valued at +1 or +2 depending  on whether –2 or –4 of refresh is spent
on those abilities."

Which seems to be in direct contradiction to the stacking rules for the Catch. If they have taken both Inhuman Toughness and Inhuman Recovery, then they both get +1 from the Catch but as stated on Page 185 "You may
specify more than one Catch if you so choose, but you can only receive the discount once; take the best one." so you would only get +1 for the Catch

Alternatively this might make sense if either Supernatural Recovery or Supernatural Toughness was offered as part of the Template, but they are not.

This issue is then repeated on OW p86 where the Red Copurt Vampire appears to get +2 for the Catch despite the fact that at most it gets -2 for any of its Toughness powers and Catches cannot reduce the cost of your Toughness powers below –1.

There is the alternative interpretation where by you cannot stack on the same power, but you gain benefit from the catch on each of your abilities. Unfortunately this runs contrary to the description of the stacked catch ability on page 187.

As for the Catch for Hammerhands (OWp42) - thats clearly wrong.

Once I have some confirmation that my understanding of how the catch works is correct I'll check all the other values in the books. Its definitely not consistently applied anyway.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
You misunderstand how The Catch works: It is taken only once*, and applies to all powers in the Toughness category (which includes Recovery powers, remember), and it cannot reduce the total cost of those powers below -1. So the Red Court, who have Inhuman Toughness and Inhuman Recovery can easily have a +2 Catch, ditto Hammerhands and his +3 (since he, and they, have 4 points of Toughness powers**), or the Infected who have 4 points of such abilities. The way it works is handled with perfect consistency.

*Well, barring Physical Immunity and the Stacked Catch, which have their own rules.
**Again, ignoring Physical Immunity and the Stacked Catch in Hammerhands case.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:00:16 PM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »
OW109. The text regarding Bob's location during Harry's time at Hog's Hollow, it spans the page awkwardly, with Bob's Text crossing from the bottom of the left column to a higher line near the bottom of the right column, with Harry's Text sitting in the middle at a funny angle. It is a bit awkward to read the way it's placed.

Yeah, that area had gotten mucked up for some reason. My editor caught it and compelled me to fix it... thanks for the second set of eyes on the problem, tho!
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »
Deadmanwalking has the working of the Catch down right.
Fred Hicks

Offline Ard3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
In Elaines stats in p. 182 OW her ring gives bonuses to defensive power and control, but is used with offensive rote. If I am reading right, it actually uses wands stats but says ring.

It does say that she other items too, so it could be one of those instead. But it still feels weird to link non-statted focus to rote.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
In Elaines stats in p. 182 OW her ring gives bonuses to defensive power and control, but is used with offensive rote. If I am reading right, it actually uses wands stats but says ring.

It does say that she other items too, so it could be one of those instead. But it still feels weird to link non-statted focus to rote.

WHUPS. Thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, thankfully that's just an error in identifying the focus item being used. It's definitely still a 4 shift attack (Good Conviction + 1 Offensive Power from wand), rolled at Fantastic for control (Superb Discipline + 1 Air Control specialization).

Gah, Weapon:4 aimed at a target with a Fantastic roll as the baseline. No wonder
(click to show/hide)
got messed up by that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:57:36 PM by iago »
Fred Hicks

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »
Page 248:
Unwilling magical creatures; the deliberate sacrifice of humans or animals.
I think magical should be removed...

Hope this isnt allready covered...

Offline reaction

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
I assume somebody caught it already, but pg YS183: "The truth is, if something supernatraully strong gets its hands on you — you’re dead."

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2010, 03:23:21 AM »
I believe it was. Thanks!
Fred Hicks

Offline Ard3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
Not sure if this is typo, but:

In the Index in the back of the books Evil Bob is linked to p. 110 OW and text briefly mentions it there, but the actual sidebar is on p. 111 OW.

Index also, Who is Number One? listed p. UR#6 (Or I just dont get it...)