Author Topic: The Preorder  (Read 10773 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: The Preorder
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »
I love the optimism! I can't buy into it until I see the numbers actually adding up... but I'm glad to hear folks are excited enough to think it's possible.

Now, if you want to help *make* it possible -- and I'd love it if you did -- make sure you get the word-of-mouth out there: tweet, blog, talk, play. Small companies like ours make it or break it on the strength of word-of-mouth buzz, and that means if you're reading this message, you are part of our ability to succeed.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »
I love the optimism! I can't buy into it until I see the numbers actually adding up... but I'm glad to hear folks are excited enough to think it's possible.

Now, if you want to help *make* it possible -- and I'd love it if you did -- make sure you get the word-of-mouth out there: tweet, blog, talk, play. Small companies like ours make it or break it on the strength of word-of-mouth buzz, and that means if you're reading this message, you are part of our ability to succeed.

Oh, I've already gotten two people hooked on the novels and talked one of them into buying the game.  Also, I will be ordering three sets of the game on Monday for birthday-gift purposes.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »
I was sad because I got a speeding ticket and that was the money I was saving for the preorders...  :'(

BUT THEN! I got my tax refund. Now I have plenty of money. HORRAY!

Seriously though, you guys rock and I am literally staring at the DFRPG website trying to accelerate time through force of will...no luck yet...

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
...I am literally staring at the DFRPG website trying to accelerate time through force of will...no luck yet...

Did you see my post.   ::)

I keep hitting the refresh key while on http://www.evilhat.com/store/ with my Dr Who AiTaS boxed set but I can't seem to travel forward enough in time to get to the order page.  This will be a long Easter weekend.  I hope you know you're going to make it hard to pay attention helping out at church...  ::)
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
I did not but I agree completely!

Offline Cripple X

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »
We won't be providing fully complete PDFs -- we're giving Jim some more time to get his story done up. But we'll be giving you "close to done" PDFs immediately upon preordering. :)

Will we be allowed to download the updated final version of the PDF once it's available?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 11:05:04 PM »
Will we be allowed to download the updated final version of the PDF once it's available?
Yep.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline Technobuilder

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
Well, I'm not sure about selling out on Day One, but I'm going to be scraping the funds together for this in the next month or so.

Been looking forward to this for a while, and I want to play it.

A lot.

Offline AJCarrington

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »
Just set up my account with EH and will be logging on Monday morning to place my pre-orders.

With the hurdle of the core books now "in the final stretch" any teasers for what might be coming down the line next?

Thanks in advance,

AJC

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 02:43:40 PM »
Just set up my account with EH and will be logging on Monday morning to place my pre-orders.
Setting your account up in advance is a good plan. :)

What do you mean in terms of "coming down the line"?
Fred Hicks

Offline AJCarrington

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 02:47:20 PM »
Fred:

Thanks for the quick response (apologies for also pinging you on this over on RPG.net).  By "coming down the line", was asking about future products in support of the core release.

Regards,

AJC

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 02:50:10 PM »
Thanks for the quick response (apologies for also pinging you on this over on RPG.net).  By "coming down the line", was asking about future products in support of the core release.

Oh, *that*. It's our intent for these two books to be 99-100% of what anyone would need to run DF in perpetuity.  If we've done our job right, each book or story that comes out from Jim is, itself, a supplement, in that it should be pretty easy to cook up new materials based on that. We'll also be hosting some online discussions on www.dresdenfilesrpg.com or here that are focused on "how-would-you-stat" bits from the novels and stories that the game *hasn't* covered.  If those sorts of things turn into potential supplement material, we may move forward with that, but right now we're only contracted/licensed for the two books.
Fred Hicks

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »
Just registered myself. Is there a street address I can send a dozen white frosted dounuts to Monday morning?   :D

While I love the optimism myself, I think it would be less than a one week sellout.
However, a hundred or so preorders on Monday with maybe two or three hundred in the first week is not only plausable, but I'm sure a welcome target number by Fred and crew.
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline AJCarrington

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2010, 02:51:29 PM »
Thanks - appreciate the quick response.

AJC

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 02:51:40 PM »
Just registered myself. Is there a street address I can send a dozen white frosted dounuts to Monday morning?   :D

While I love the optimism myself, I think it would be less than a one week sellout.
However, a hundred or so preorders on Monday with maybe two or three hundred in the first week is not only plausable, but I'm sure a welcome target number by Fred and crew.

Oh, hells yes. That would be great.
Fred Hicks