Author Topic: Good starting adversaries (or easing in the newbies)  (Read 1192 times)

Offline The Codex

• Participant
    • View Profile
Good starting adversaries (or easing in the newbies)
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »
So I have Played a fair amount of RPGs and have just finished Reading turncoat (which is awesome)
however I am new to fate and am not sure the best way. To ramp up adversaries as I don't want to dive in with Gruffs and Red Court vampires etc.

What I would like is it start with some more 'defeatable' minions that can serve a bad guy like a re court vamp however there does not seem to be this hirarchy in Dresden has anybody got any suggestion for groups that would work like this.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Good starting adversaries (or easing in the newbies)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »
A single entry-level red court vampire is not too bad, in part because their skills are not very high. (So they can be sloppy while still being dangerous.) Similar things could be said about ghouls and such.

But, hey: why not give your guys mortal adversaries, like a few common thugs hired by a mysterious supernatural "backer" to rough the characters up? They'll have to navigate both mortal law and the Laws of Magic to defeat these guys, after all, which is a good thing to cover while in the learning stage of things.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/