Author Topic: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3  (Read 138082 times)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 04:58:21 AM »
Yep, Murphy's P-90 in Sm Fwas the only one in the Universe, and Harry had to fashion one for her out of clay, then magic it into existence between books. You caught it!  ;) :D
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
Here's a question: Aside from that brief glimpse (not even a glimpse really) of her in SK, is Titania ever going to make herself known the way Mab constantly does?

I think Jim answered this at a signing a while back. (The answer being "no".)

Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline MitchellTF

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2010, 04:04:20 PM »
Here's a question: Aside from that brief glimpse (not even a glimpse really) of her in SK, is Titania ever going to make herself known the way Mab constantly does? It just occurred to me when I reread Small Favor that we've met all of the Sidhe Queens except, officially, for her.

Another question. Meryl Trollgirl is gone, and Fix and Lily are Summer's Knight and Lady -- what ever happened to the fourth person in their group, Ace?

RPG gave some info on Ace. Harry has no idea, Ace just fell off the radar. I'll have to reread, it might be that he's dead...

Offline Poneglyph

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »
RPG gave some info on Ace. Harry has no idea, Ace just fell off the radar. I'll have to reread, it might be that he's dead...

Ace is dead *In joke*. Ah, I really hate Butcher for using that cool name in that character :'(.

Hmmm... Now that you're bringing him to question, I wonder if he's going to come back in the next books?

That "I'm a lazy writer" thing is making me paranoid. I mean, more.
‎"I did my best, but... I couldn't decide on a pose so I couldn't open my box weapon"
"Pose?"
"Don't all heroes who transform and magicians who cast spells have those? I'm the type of person for whom doing that is necessary".
"...I'm going to kill you. Or you can commit suicide here".

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »
Ace is dead *In joke*. Ah, I really hate Butcher for using that cool name in that character .

Jim did say, when asked if we were going to see Ace again, "what makes you think you haven't ?"

I guess he was the driver in the hit and run at the beginning of PG and possibly behind the carbomb in WN.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Dimitri

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
Here's a question: What happens if one of the Nickleheads pick up a second coin? Do they have two fallen angels in their head? Is there like a "No Vacancies" sign? And if they pick it up for just a moment or two then drop it do they get a shadow like Harry/Lash? I can't imagine the ackwardness.  :o

Offline Poneglyph

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
Jim did say, when asked if we were going to see Ace again, "what makes you think you haven't ?"

I guess he was the driver in the hit and run at the beginning of PG and possibly behind the carbomb in WN.

And maybe he even
(click to show/hide)

Jim is really cruel. That kind of answer... I think he's making some kind of experiment to see how many theories we can make of his books.
‎"I did my best, but... I couldn't decide on a pose so I couldn't open my box weapon"
"Pose?"
"Don't all heroes who transform and magicians who cast spells have those? I'm the type of person for whom doing that is necessary".
"...I'm going to kill you. Or you can commit suicide here".

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2010, 02:09:43 AM »

If I could ask, when did he say this? Was it recently, or in the press releases for the other books? And if he is still alive, your theories are freaking awesome, and I wholeheartedly agree. The little creep probably got pulled in as a BC operative.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »
If I could ask, when did he say this? Was it recently, or in the press releases for the other books?

It was at a signing, and pre-Changes being out; I can't recall exactly when.

Offline CWsCorner

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
I was wondering about Mab's rage.  Why was she so angry and if her condition stems from Harry's actions at Arctis Tor?  Also, has her rage been placated since Harry became the Winter Knight?

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2010, 03:20:51 PM »
Why does Mab have to be pissed off at Harry?
She's got plenty of other things that could have made her angry.  Harry is not the center of Mab's universe.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »
I was wondering about Mab's rage.  Why was she so angry and if her condition stems from Harry's actions at Arctis Tor?

Jim has said that it's because she is wounded.  We do not know how, or why.  It may be worth pointing out that the first visible sign of Mab's self-control slipping seems to be her response to the mention of Kemmler in DB, predating the events at Arctis Tor in PG.

Offline 2ndsly

• Participant
  • The reward for work well done, is more work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
What is Harry's color?
If you don't know what I mean, look towards my sig.

My Colors are Green and White.

You my find out what that means here http://www.shenafu.com/magic/whatcolorareyou.php

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
he's Green and Red
Mostly Red

Offline Durwen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »