Author Topic: Dresden Files: Series Timeline  (Read 355271 times)

Offline Chuck Chuck Razool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files: Series Timeline
« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
At least 25 BSF Susan Rodriguez is born. She's the only one old enough to rent a van in Fool Moon.
"There's a voice that comes from everywhere, and it's not saying anything."

Offline AdamC

• Participant
  • I am Adam. Here me meow.....in a totally manly way
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »
Interesting that Murphy's ex-husband has the same last name as Harry Blackstone was born with
I probably already regret this.

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:02 AM »
Sadly, Harry reveals that he was lying his ass off a few pages later when he goes downstairs and it's the big reveal of Little Chicago.  He's been using most of his money on getting all the pewter casts made of all the buildings in the city.  He even makes some smart-ass comment about them actually not paying too badly for being out-of-touch wizards and all.

Just because rate-of-pay was set in 1959 does not mean it isn't a livable wage now...especially when combined with a (much reduced) income from vanilla mortals.  It just means that in '59, wardens were better paid!

Offline Orbweaver

• Posty McPostington
  • Let the games begin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2010, 01:31:36 AM »
A question that has, thus, been completely irrelevant to everything that's happened in the series... and one that will likely never be answered by anyone but Jim. However, as the imp in me can't resist asking, here it is:

When was Mab born? And for that matter, are the Sidhe even born?
In a world of black, white, and grey's... I'd be bright freaking purple. Resident Female Forum Denarian.

Offline dubbya1985

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »
4-6 BSF:  The White Council holds their last hearing for a known violator of the laws of magic.  In 6 ASF, Molly will be the first wizard to be tried in 10-12 years.
Priscellie, someone may have commented on this before I did not go through all the pages of comments but...In PG Harry watches beheading of Korean warlock in Chicago, this is before Molly's trial so shes not first in 10 to 12 years
Thanks for putting this together

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
Priscellie, someone may have commented on this before I did not go through all the pages of comments but...In PG Harry watches beheading of Korean warlock in Chicago, this is before Molly's trial so shes not first in 10 to 12 years
Thanks for putting this together

That warlock was never given a full trial.  He didn't have anyone speaking on his behalf, as Harry defended Molly.

Offline Araujo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »
BSF timeline
29 BSF:  Karrin Murphy is born.  Harry observes that her first husband looked about ten years older than her, guessing that Murph was 18 at the time [SK 86], so I originally put her at 30 BSF.  However, assuming Lisa has the same father as Karrin and given Karrin's age at the time of her father's suicide (11), I had to adjust the date.

25 BSF, October 31:  Harry is born.  Harry's mother, now Margaret Gwendolyn Dresden, dies in childbirth.  She is murdered by a ritual entropy curse, courtesy of Lord Raith.

Harry's timeline
AGE 27-28:  Storm Front  (Correction:  Jim says Harry is in his mid-twenties in Storm Front.  I figure it's not too much of a challenge to compress the time between his departure from Ebenezar's to the beginning of Storm Front by a year or two.)

Karrin's timeline
AGE 27-29: Storm Front

Reading SF and FM, I had the impression that Murphy was like 4-5 years older then Harry. But later on the series, I have the feeling that they have almost the same age. Looking through these timelines, I see that I'm not the only one to think that.

I figure Einstein was right about time being relative.  8)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »
That warlock was never given a full trial.  He didn't have anyone speaking on his behalf, as Harry defended Molly.
Yup, confirmed in the conversation with the newbie warden manning the telephones in Ch 43 of PG. 

I did notice while searching my ebook for the quote (i love technology) that it is the same exact 10-12 years since the most recent version of the Accords were signed, but the timeline shows them staggered a bit?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #278 on: March 21, 2010, 03:08:27 AM »
Yup, confirmed in the conversation with the newbie warden manning the telephones in Ch 43 of PG. 

I did notice while searching my ebook for the quote (i love technology) that it is the same exact 10-12 years since the most recent version of the Accords were signed, but the timeline shows them staggered a bit?

Thank you!  Fixed.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2010, 07:12:54 PM »
Is the timing of "Even Hand" publicly known yet ?
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Is the timing of "Even Hand" publicly known yet ?

It's between "Turn Coat" and "Changes."  I'll have to check my notes and see if I was able to narrow it down any further than that.

Offline animeandbookfan07

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2010, 11:36:30 PM »
Hey, where does the Gatekeeper fit into all of this? I don't see anything on him...

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2010, 02:38:41 AM »
Hey, where does the Gatekeeper fit into all of this? I don't see anything on him...

That's 'cause he's mySTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEErious.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2010, 02:41:45 AM »
With extra EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

(Because he certainly doesn't have extra "i". *rimshot*)

Offline Arrus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2010, 03:57:40 AM »
With extra EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

(Because he certainly doesn't have extra "i". *rimshot*)

In fact, he's so mysterious you have to wiggle your fingers randomly while you say it to show just how mysterious.