Author Topic: Dresden Files: Series Timeline  (Read 355274 times)

Offline Jinkens89

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files: Series Timeline
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2009, 05:52:44 PM »
I knew it was coming from the end of Summer Knight, but who else was Bummed out when you heard about Michael being crippled... seriously, Michael is a great character, and it seems really messed up to kind of write im off as not being a knight anymore and crippling him... any ideas if anything will change with him? or is he out for good... magic and everything... maybe he wont stay crippled  ;) I know, wishful thinking

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »
I knew it was coming from the end of Summer Knight, but who else was Bummed out when you heard about Michael being crippled... seriously, Michael is a great character, and it seems really messed up to kind of write im off as not being a knight anymore and crippling him... any ideas if anything will change with him? or is he out for good... magic and everything... maybe he wont stay crippled  ;) I know, wishful thinking

Read Jim's short story "The Warrior," found in the anthology Mean Streets.  You can grab it from our store here!  It follows Michael post-Small Favor, and it's my favourite short story Jim has written.

Offline Freya MacRieve

• Participant
  • It's Hockey Night in Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
ah. thanks much :)

now to sneak off from doing any work and read :)   (joking.... mostly)
C.I.A. - Certified Idiots Association

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »
Something that might be worth adding to the timeline, but its a little different from the rest since its rather speculative. 
Jim has said that he intends to do 20 Dresden books followed by an apocalypse trilogy.  Well so far the books pace at between 1/2 and 1 1/2 years between books.  If they stay on pace that puts the Apocalypse going down at in about 5-14 years or 15-24 ASF with the average being at around 19 ASF.  its a pretty wide gap, I know, but its something we can be fairly sure is going to come around. 

Not sure its something that fits the timeline, but every time i get somebody new hooked on these books they always ask me if anyone knows how long its going to last ans such, so the whole 20 books + apocalypse trology  tends to come up a bunch
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »
Something that might be worth adding to the timeline, but its a little different from the rest since its rather speculative. 
Jim has said that he intends to do 20 Dresden books followed by an apocalypse trilogy.  Well so far the books pace at between 1/2 and 1 1/2 years between books.  If they stay on pace that puts the Apocalypse going down at in about 5-14 years or 15-24 ASF with the average being at around 19 ASF.  its a pretty wide gap, I know, but its something we can be fairly sure is going to come around. 

Not sure its something that fits the timeline, but every time i get somebody new hooked on these books they always ask me if anyone knows how long its going to last ans such, so the whole 20 books + apocalypse trology  tends to come up a bunch

Hmm, I'm not comfortable making that kind of blind guess.  Good thought, though!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »

Does that include short stories?  Because, if it doesn't , he is only half way though.. At the pace of one book a year or one and half years, that is another ten years, don't know if I will live that long..

Offline bookwormsam

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
12-13 BSF:  Faith Astor is born.

Maybe I'm just having a brain spasm, but who is Faith Astor?
Sam

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2009, 06:19:57 PM »
Maybe I'm just having a brain spasm, but who is Faith Astor?
Sam
The little girl from Restoration of Faith.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline bookwormsam

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
The little girl from Restoration of Faith.

That explains it then. I haven't read any of the short stories.
Sam

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »
Sam
Restoration Faith is on the website! :)  That one is easy enough to find/read...stupid library closest to my house making me drive w/gas at $2.15. :'(

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
Sam

There are probably enough Dresden short stories out by now to make up a full-sized novel. And they're all well worth reading, too.
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

esprlancer

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2009, 03:11:22 AM »
how the hell did harry keep bob a secret from the council? he didnt even know about the council yet apparntley had the foresight to hide bob

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2009, 03:50:02 AM »
how the hell did harry keep bob a secret from the council? he didnt even know about the council yet apparntley had the foresight to hide bob
Nah, Bob was hidden by Justin, Harry just knew where to look in the rubble, Justin would have know how to hide something from the wardens since he had been one.  At least that's my take.

esprlancer

« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »
Nah, Bob was hidden by Justin, Harry just knew where to look in the rubble, Justin would have know how to hide something from the wardens since he had been one.  At least that's my take.
huh...
i could see that...

Offline telkesh

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
This might be in here already (23 pages + lazy me = no research:

~44-52 BSF:  Michael is born. 
~31-37 BSF:  Charity is born.  Dates are VERY approximate, but I'm working on narrowing it down.

that puts them at 13-15 years apart in the timeline but The Warrior has this line:
(click to show/hide)