Author Topic: Dresden Files: Series Timeline  (Read 355269 times)

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files: Series Timeline
« Reply #570 on: April 16, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »
In 1961, you forgot to include that Justin Dumorne acquired Bob the Skull from the "smoldering ruins of Kemmler's lab". 
Got malk?

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #571 on: April 16, 2014, 09:07:30 PM »
In 1961, you forgot to include that Justin Dumorne acquired Bob the Skull from the "smoldering ruins of Kemmler's lab". 

Great catch! Added!

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 17, 2014, 01:10:05 AM »
Cool!  Only a few posts in and already contributing!   :)
Got malk?

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 19, 2014, 05:53:18 AM »
For completeness's sake, the entry for Ivy's birth probably ought to list the deaths of her mother (suicide) and grandmother (car crash), the Archive's two previous carriers, also.

I don't know if Kincaid getting paid to continue his stint as Ivy's bodyguard rates a mention, but if so, one such payment was coming due in the April after Death Masks.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:56:37 AM by Sharlee »

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 19, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
No exact date given, but Bombshells strongly implies that either Daniel or Matthew Carpenter served in Afghanistan.  Can we figure out which, and narrow down when this may have happened?

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 19, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
No exact date given, but Bombshells strongly implies that either Daniel or Matthew Carpenter served in Afghanistan.  Can we figure out which, and narrow down when this may have happened?

Assuming that Jim knows that you need to be 18 and a high school graduate to join the service, I believe the only possible person it could be is Daniel.  I'm not sure any of the other kids are out of high school yet (during "Bombshells")
Got malk?

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 19, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »
Assuming that Jim knows that you need to be 18 and a high school graduate to join the service, I believe the only possible person it could be is Daniel.  I'm not sure any of the other kids are out of high school yet (during "Bombshells")

Daniel is about 22 as of Bombshells.  He would have had to join about 4 years prior to that date (assuming that he did, since it hasn't been fully confirmed). That would have been around the time of Small Favor,  give or take.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:29:19 PM by Tami Seven »
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »

At the time of Bombshells, Matthew is 19-20, so he's definitely out of high school.  The next-oldest, Alicia, is 17, so it's possible she's taking college classes.

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »
A couple more, caught while re-reading Small Favor:

- Luccio refers to the Archive as having five thousand years of memories to deal with, suggesting that's how long ago the construct was created.

(click to show/hide)

- Nicodemus recalls that Thorned Namshiel used his strangler spell to distract and pickpocket an unspecified Saint in Glasgow in the thirteenth century.

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 22, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
And some more references, from Changes this time:

- Harry's office building was bought by Nuevo Verita, Inc., a Red Court business, almost 8 years before Changes.

- Martin worked for 150 years to infiltrate the Fellowship of St. Giles, an assignment it took him another 50 years of service as a priest to be approved for.  The first 50 years of his mission, he spent ingratiating himself, then 100 years ostensibly "rooting out the Fellowship's secrets" while awaiting his chance to betray the Red Court.

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 23, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
Another suggestion that just came to me, no specific reference: If we assume Mouse had a normal development pattern for a dog (and his vet didn't seem to spot anything odd), he would've been born about 8-9 weeks before Blood Rites.  Old enough to be paper trained and to handle Thomas's large breed puppy chow, but still be small enough that Harry doesn't initially realize he's that adopting a woolly rhinoceros.  ;D

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 23, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »
Another suggestion that just came to me, no specific reference: If we assume Mouse had a normal development pattern for a dog (and his vet didn't seem to spot anything odd), he would've been born about 8-9 weeks before Blood Rites.  Old enough to be paper trained and to handle Thomas's large breed puppy chow, but still be small enough that Harry doesn't initially realize he's that adopting a woolly rhinoceros.  ;D
I doubt he is normal on any side of that.  By angelic confirmation we know they dont age normally, and even an exceptionally young puppy of a 200+ lb breed would never have been small enough to fit in harry's duster pocket.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 24, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »

Aging and Growing, are two separate things.  I think the growth pattern matches exactly to a normal dog (gets to full size in same amount of time).  For a dog that big, just like my Newfoundland I own, it take about 3 years to finish their growth cycle.  I think that matches up pretty well with how mouse was portrayed in growth in the books.  So yeah, I think Mouse was definitely no older than 10 weeks old when Harry found him. 
Got malk?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #583 on: April 24, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »
This is a Tibetan Mastiff at 10 weeks. :D

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #584 on: April 24, 2014, 05:16:50 PM »
This is a Tibetan Mastiff at 10 weeks. :D
Harry's coat pockets must be bigger on the inside.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast