Linked Events

• Jim at New York Comic Con: October 08, 2010 - October 10, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010  (Read 204207 times)

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
Re: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010
« Reply #870 on: October 13, 2010, 04:10:07 AM »

Err... I mean...

;D

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #871 on: October 13, 2010, 05:34:11 AM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but Jim doesn't want me to post the video of the reading until Februaryish, when the text sample chapters go up for Ghost Story.  He was reading from the pre-beta draft, and he doesn't know what's going to change yet.  He doesn't want a conflicting version of the text in the public eye.

I have no doubt that some of you will manage to finagle copies from other attendees, but out of respect for Jim's wishes, I ask you not to re-post it in any public place, like YouTube, BitTorrent, your blog, your favourite LJ community, etc.  And there is to be absolutely no discussion of the material he read on the forum.  Posting of spoilers from the reading, however mundane, is forbidden.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 13, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »
Completely understandable.

However, while waiting for February, there IS a clip of the "Butcherverse Runway" Cosplay Contest from the fan dinner.  Would have been longer had I realized at the beginning, "oh, I should get all of this on video" instead of realizing it halfway through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHM0BGXK2MI

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #873 on: October 13, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »

However, while waiting for February, there IS a clip of the "Butcherverse Runway" Cosplay Contest from the fan dinner.  Would have been longer had I realized at the beginning, "oh, I should get all of this on video" instead of realizing it halfway through.

THANK YOU!  So much awesomeness!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 13, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »

No can watch from work. Did you get the part where I called the "judges" a bunch of lollygagging skunkwallows? :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #875 on: October 13, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

When I get home, I'll add it to the NYCC thread I put together.  And also, if there's anything I missed to put in it, lemme know and I'll update it.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 13, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but Jim doesn't want me to post the video of the reading until Februaryish, when the text sample chapters go up for Ghost Story.  He was reading from the pre-beta draft, and he doesn't know what's going to change yet.  He doesn't want a conflicting version of the text in the public eye.

I have no doubt that some of you will manage to finagle copies from other attendees, but out of respect for Jim's wishes, I ask you not to re-post it in any public place, like YouTube, BitTorrent, your blog, your favourite LJ community, etc.  And there is to be absolutely no discussion of the material he read on the forum.  Posting of spoilers from the reading, however mundane, is forbidden.

Completely understandable and I hope that everyone will respect Jim's (awesomeness) wishes!
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 13, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but Jim doesn't want me to post the video of the reading until Februaryish, when the text sample chapters go up for Ghost Story.  He was reading from the pre-beta draft, and he doesn't know what's going to change yet.  He doesn't want a conflicting version of the text in the public eye.

I have no doubt that some of you will manage to finagle copies from other attendees, but out of respect for Jim's wishes, I ask you not to re-post it in any public place, like YouTube, BitTorrent, your blog, your favourite LJ community, etc.  And there is to be absolutely no discussion of the material he read on the forum.  Posting of spoilers from the reading, however mundane, is forbidden.

And millions of nerds screamed out in total utter agony...almost like when their mom opened their original mint condition Wolverine action figure.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
  • Beware the Tiny Dancing Flower Person!
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 13, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »

You got it, Ms. Pris! I only got the first two chapters anyhow, as I needed a restroom break at that point.
She Who Must Be Obeyed. Or at least catered to, occasionally.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 13, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
Completely understandable and I hope that everyone will respect Jim's (awesomeness) wishes!

One would hope.  Yet the boards being what they are, there are already a goodly number of people trying to get their hands on it.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #880 on: October 13, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »
One would hope.  Yet the boards being what they are, there are already a goodly number of people trying to get their hands on it.

Hell, if I hadn't been there, I would've been one of them.  And I've read the chapters!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 13, 2010, 02:25:52 PM »
Hell, if I hadn't been there, I would've been one of them.  And I've read the chapters!

A reading by Jim is always a pleasure, even if you've already read the material. He always injects so much life into the reading, and I hear the characters say things in a way I hadn't "heard" during my initial reading.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #882 on: October 13, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
Yup.  I'm thrilled to be able to release the video to the fans in Februaryish!  It'll be a treat.

ToddM326

« Reply #883 on: October 13, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »
A reading by Jim is always a pleasure, even if you've already read the material. He always injects so much life into the reading, and I hear the characters say things in a way I hadn't "heard" during my initial reading.

Is there any online evidence of Jim speaking with Bob the Skull's voice?  I hear that it is very good.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 13, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »
Is there any online evidence of Jim speaking with Bob the Skull's voice?  I hear that it is very good.

I don't think so.  When I asked Jim if he would be willing to read a snippet of Bob at the dinner, he said, "Potentially."  Didn't happen.  Ah well.