Linked Events

• Jim at New York Comic Con: October 08, 2010 - October 10, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010  (Read 204277 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2010, 01:02:30 AM »
Thank you for breaking the hearts and minds of all the people who weren't able to go...

We're talking "two chapters posted this Tuesday and two chapters posted a week from Tuesday."  This is FOUR MONTHS earlier than I was planning to post sample chapters.  Cheer up, emo kid. :D

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2010, 01:06:33 AM »
Dresdenverse Drinks

THE FAMILIAR

Harry Dresden (Rum and Coke) $7.50
Snarky air spirits being particularly irritating?  Turn to Harry’s favorite drink, but with a kick!
Karrin Murphy (Irish Car Bomb) $9
When you combine a tiny but fierce hit of Irish whiskey and Irish cream in a stout ale, you’ll know why we named this ass-kicking drink after Murphy.
Toe-Moss (Long Island Iced Tea) $10
Just like Harry’s succubus half-brother, this tasty classic will leave you wanting more… and more… and make you love every minute of it.
Molly Carpenter (Grasshopper) $8
This chocolaty, minty drink is vibrant, appealing, a little bit wild, and best of all: green!
Gentleman Johnnie Marcone (Whiskey Sour) $7.50
Refined, strong, and always smooth, this drink is the perfect match for Chicago’s Godfather.
Sanya (Black Russian) $8
Needs no explanation!
Blue Beetle (Lemon Drop)  $6
This trusty, sweet and sour favorite kicks ass in a four-cylinder kind of way.

THE ARCANE

Mordite (shot) $6
This combination of grenadine and Captain Morgan’s Tattoo Rum is just like the deadly dark substance that kills with a touch. Imbibe at your own risk!
Fuego! (drink) $7.50
Handle with care!  This fruity drink of Blackberry Liqueur and OJ looks like Harry’s fire.
Three-Eye (drink) $8.50
This ghoulish-looking brew of Watermelon Vodka, Blue Caracao, and Red Bull will have you seeing visions of the other side… or are they real?
Titania (cocktail) $7.50
When the salted rim of this refreshing drink of Vodka, Melon Liqueur, and lime hits your lips, you’ll feel the presence of the Summer Queen.
Mab (frozen drink) $8.50
Ice cold.  Sharp.  Cruel.  Mysterious.  Exciting.  This drink will have you begging for mercy from the Winter Queen.
Swords of the Cross (three shots): $15
When all three swords are in town, Denarians beware!

THE NON-ALCOHOLIC

Ivy (Shirley Temple) $2.50
A classic kids’ drink, perfect for the repository of all human knowledge that needs to be home by bedtime.
Toot-toot (Red Bull) $4.00
It gives you wings!  Crazy, energetic, tiny fairy wings!
Ramirez (Cherry Coke)  $2.50
Lara Raith herself certifies that this drink is non-alcoholic.  At least, that’s what I think she meant.

The majority of these drinks were conceived of by Matt, our own Esperacchius and winner of the Butcherverse cosplay contest!  Thank you, Matt!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2010, 01:08:00 AM »
I kept one, I'll take a pic and post it after I get a new memory card for my camera this evening—the one I had got smashed in transit to Virginia.

Yikes!  You didn't lose the photos from the con, did you?

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2010, 01:19:12 AM »
Yikes!  You didn't lose the photos from the con, did you?

Nope, I finished backing it up about five minutes before it happened.  Talk about lucky.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2010, 01:20:33 AM »
PHEW.  That photo of Shecky and PG is a national treasure.  I would have to proclaim a Butcherverse Day of Mourning if it had been destroyed.  Also Gilly rolling her eyes at Matt's overtures. :D

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 11, 2010, 01:21:43 AM »
Yes, yes.  That reminds me.  I need to start uploading—because at 2.5+ MB a pop, the number of pics I have will coupled with my interwebs will take a while.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #696 on: October 11, 2010, 01:23:40 AM »
Can you post them to flickr or picasa or photobucket or similar, so all can see?

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 11, 2010, 01:24:37 AM »
What I'm hoping for is a vid shot of the Pre-Squeee Quiver that Prisc did as her sentence was pronounced and the hood came off.  Total stillness to Absolute Squee in .3 seconds.  Impressive.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 11, 2010, 01:27:38 AM »
PHEW.  That photo of Shecky and PG is a national treasure.  I would have to proclaim a Butcherverse Day of Mourning if it had been destroyed.  Also Gilly rolling her eyes at Matt's overtures. :D

I have quite a few more that I'll be posting to Photobucket as soon as I finish sorting, but here's a teaser:

What I'm hoping for is a vid shot of the Pre-Squeee Quiver that Prisc did as her sentence was pronounced and the hood came off.  Total stillness to Absolute Squee in .3 seconds.  Impressive.

YES. I would pay real money to find that that look was captured for posterity and the good of all mankind.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 11, 2010, 01:29:45 AM »
Not bad for a Colonial Heathen.  My compliments, sir.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #700 on: October 11, 2010, 01:30:21 AM »
I'm getting my pics labeled and will be linking soon.  And I got an awesome reaction shot just after the hood came off.  ;D
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32:06 AM »
I'm getting my pics labeled and will be linking soon.  And I got an awesome reaction shot just after the hood came off.  ;D

I'm so embarrassed that I had been talking to you two off and on all day and NOT requested the necessary info for putting two and two together! *more hugs*
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »
I'm getting my pics labeled and will be linking soon.  And I got an awesome reaction shot just after the hood came off.  ;D

I was holding the cake.  :D

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 11, 2010, 01:34:05 AM »
What I'm hoping for is a vid shot of the Pre-Squeee Quiver that Prisc did as her sentence was pronounced and the hood came off.  Total stillness to Absolute Squee in .3 seconds.  Impressive.

It went was confusion, shock, and squee in one convulsive moment. :D

I had an awesome time, and really enjoyed meeting everyone on the boards, especially PaynesGray, Elise, and Noey. Myrrdn, I'm adopting you. You'll be practicing the piano by day and lightsaber by night. Oh, and while I was at the dinner I met some goof named Jim, I think he might make it in the urban fantasy business one day...

Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline martypb

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 11, 2010, 01:35:34 AM »
I went to NYCC this year. I enjoyed it but they had way too many people there. I did get to meet Jim and Anne at the first signing. They really under estimated the amount of fans that would show up for him. I had him sign my nook cover and my wife had him sign her nook. We REALLY wanted to go to the dinner but we came to see the LOTR movie, which I highly recommend.

I've been lurking on these boards for a long time and decided to start speaking up.

Priscellie, I really wanted a chance to buy one of your maps, any chance they will be for sale at another event or anywhere else?