Author Topic: TV Series Sub Forum  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Elanel

• Conversationalist
  • Hard Soul
    • View Profile
TV Series Sub Forum
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:30 PM »
Hey

Just throwing this out there. Is it worth creating a Season One Sub-Forum for the TV Series forum so that all episode related discussion can go in there in its own thread, to keep things neat and avoid the dreaded spoiler issues seeing as some members may not be able to get the series straight away?

That leaves the TV Series forum itself for general TV show stuff not related to the episodes directly?

Love spreads around, waits there for the nails
I forgive you boy, I will prevail.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: TV Series Sub Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
Hey

Just throwing this out there. Is it worth creating a Season One Sub-Forum for the TV Series forum so that all episode related discussion can go in there in its own thread, to keep things neat and avoid the dreaded spoiler issues seeing as some members may not be able to get the series straight away?

That leaves the TV Series forum itself for general TV show stuff not related to the episodes directly?

I'm not sure what the point of the TV series forum would be if it's *not* containing stuff related to the books.

Thoughts, people?
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »
Fred, I read your response four times and it still didn't make sense to me.

I think what Elanel was trying to say is make a sub-forum inside of the current TV forum, have it be named Season 1, and make it a SPOILER forum, turning the current TV forum into a NON-SPOILER forum.  Thus making it easier for those without SciFi or on a later premiere date able to avoid the specific episode and plot discussion.

But if you'd already figured out that's what s/he was trying to say and we're having a combination PEBCAK moment, let me know. :D

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »
If only I'd typed "tv show" like I meant, instead of "books", which I did. :P

Hm. I'm guessing I'm not clear on what conversation there'll be had that's non-spoilery once the show starts airing.

I'm looking for someone to make a strong case that the TV board shouldn't just be a spoiler board.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »
Ok, see now it makes sense. :D  And I've no clue, so I'm not the one to make the case.

Offline Elanel

• Conversationalist
  • Hard Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »
If only I'd typed "tv show" like I meant, instead of "books", which I did. :P

Hm. I'm guessing I'm not clear on what conversation there'll be had that's non-spoilery once the show starts airing.

I'm looking for someone to make a strong case that the TV board shouldn't just be a spoiler board.

I think the TV Series Forum can remain a spoiler forum. I don't really mean to have it non-spoiler. I wasn't very clear in my post. Sorry.
I just meant that with Season One would it be better to consolidate discussion on episodes to its own forum ? It would be tidier and less confusion for new members who may join halfway through the season, start a bunch of episode threads without knowing there's a healthy discussion recently taken place two pages back. The TV series forum can still be used to discuss actors, new characters, changes, Q&A with Robert, reviews, set reports, ongoing themes throughout the show and so on.

Anyway, ta :)
Love spreads around, waits there for the nails
I forgive you boy, I will prevail.

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 12:56:14 PM »
Life has been hectic and I've really not done anything with topic lists since I first started them, but I can try to keep on top of the TV forum at least.  Although I really don't think they're working as well as I had hoped anyway.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
Eh. Y'know, I'll probably go ahead and do the Season One sub-forum -- I just reviewed the TV forum and realized it says NO SPOILERS at the top.  Let me sit on this one for a few.
Fred Hicks