Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126859 times)

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2865 on: January 04, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »
He probably cuts his own hair with shears. It would account for the constant bedhead look and do you really thing Harry would pay someone to cut his hair when he could do a perfectly serviceable job himself?

More like you think He'd let someone else cut his hair ? I could imagine Nicodemus hiding in the corner of a barber shop with a brushpan waiting for Harry to leave.

Offline Bujin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
Age can be dealt with - it's looks and acting chops you need.

Well, I would agree, except that Thomas has to be "the high priest of bowflex", and I'm not certain a 50-year-old would fit that description.  If you remember the nerd-fury because Murphy was a brunette....   :)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »
Well, I would agree, except that Thomas has to be "the high priest of bowflex", and I'm not certain a 50-year-old would fit that description.  If you remember the nerd-fury because Murphy was a brunette....   :)

Depends on the fifty year old.  And with the right costumes you can make anything seem possible, for the most part.

Offline Tigris

• Conversationalist
  • I'm really just a pussy cat ;)....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 05, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »
Depends on the fifty year old.  And with the right costumes you can make anything seem possible, for the most part.
But can he pull off a fishnet shirt and leather pants is all I wanna know..
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why. - William Faulkner

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: January 06, 2011, 04:38:03 AM »

I'm fairly sure that he can.  He does, after all, play in a band ya know.. ;D

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #2870 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »

Matt Bomer hands down. :D *waves the MB for Thomas banner on the flag pole*

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: January 06, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
I suspect that whoever would do Thomas would have some CGI work done when his "hunger" is in control.  Take the eyes from grey to silver, make the features look completely even, the skin take on a slight 'glow'.  Most everybody's features are slightly off kilter - someone with totally even features looks outre and a touch out there.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: January 07, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »
Hurray! I'm back at last.  ;D

I love the idea of Harry cutting his own hair! It totally makes sense (and as the reasoning behind the perpetual bedhead look its perfect) but I'd never really thought about it before.

Oh, no doubt. Since he's already played such a sexy awesome vampire I'm not sure I actually support him playing such a similar role but I've just got to defend his awesome body. I know its been just a few years since "Buffy" but he's still in great shape and I'd love to see him take his shirt off right now. No disrespect to his wife, of course. ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline bellmaker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: January 07, 2011, 03:11:35 AM »
He, James Masters played an interresting ;) role on the BBC show Torchwood who had very WC tastes in things of the flesh.  So yes he could pull off interresting dressing stituations.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: January 07, 2011, 03:21:17 AM »
He, James Masters played an interresting ;) role on the BBC show Torchwood who had very WC tastes in things of the flesh.  So yes he could pull off interresting dressing stituations.

I loved it when he first showed up on Torchwood.  I laughed so hard I almost cried.  Particularly when Gwen is driving him around, they're still linked together and he looks out the window and goes - "What's that - it's gorgeous!"  Gwen looks over, makes a small face and says - "it's a poodle!"

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: January 07, 2011, 05:16:09 AM »

Hm...nice - I'll have to look that up.  ;D
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: January 10, 2011, 04:37:21 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, here is Nicodemus. There will be no further discussion on the matter.

And here's another that I thought was too big to post directly, but too perfect not to link:
http://us.macmillan.com/CMS400/uploadedImages/ImageGallery/DaltonTimothy.jpg
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, here is Nicodemus. There will be no further discussion on the matter.

And here's another that I thought was too big to post directly, but too perfect not to link:
http://us.macmillan.com/CMS400/uploadedImages/ImageGallery/DaltonTimothy.jpg

Thats Marcone crazy man

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: January 10, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »
Nah. While he'd make a great Marcone, Dalton would make a far better Nicodemus. Anyone who has seen The End Of Time (both parts) will know what I'm talking about.

Also, just in case the Winter King (Santa Claus) ever shows up...
BRIAN BLESSED
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline uncanny

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: January 10, 2011, 04:41:37 PM »
Nah. While he'd make a great Marcone, Dalton would make a far better Nicodemus. Anyone who has seen The End Of Time (both parts) will know what I'm talking about.

Also, just in case the Winter King (Santa Claus) ever shows up...
BRIAN BLESSED
+1  ;D