Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126807 times)

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2760 on: December 10, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »
Ouch.

Offline Tigris

• Conversationalist
  • I'm really just a pussy cat ;)....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: December 11, 2010, 06:56:28 AM »
I second that ouch.

I think Dakota Fanning, with a bit of time out in the sun, could play Ivy.
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why. - William Faulkner

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 11, 2010, 07:03:48 AM »
I think Dakota Fanning, with a bit of time out in the sun, could play Ivy.

I think she'd make a great Ivy but I'm afraid she may be too old now. She's sixteen and that puts her closer to the age of Molly than Ivy. Not that I think she should play Molly because I don't - just an observation.
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 11, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »
dakota fanning has a 12yo sis elle I think?

I'll just throw out my suggestion for older maggie jr. - crap I forgot her name  , um disney star was on camp rock.

demi lovato! - that's it

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 11, 2010, 07:21:24 AM »
dakota fanning has a 12yo sis elle I think?

I'll just throw out my suggestion for older maggie jr. - crap I forgot her name  , um disney star was on camp rock.

demi lovato! - that's it

Younger Fanning sister might work. Good thought.

Can't agree with Demi Lovato, though. I don't think she's a good enough actress for a DF movie. Still, I could be wrong.

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: December 11, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »
yeah , I haven't really seen her act, but I'm just putting people out there who I think look like the characters. Everyone have different thoughts , or interpretations of the characters.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: December 12, 2010, 12:22:33 AM »
Hi IC, I hope you're having a good evening or morning.
Had a thought for Butters.
The kid, though he is now an adult, from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
I think his name is Joseph Gordon Levitt.  He was in Inception I believe.
He's small and wiry and has dark hair and with glasses on would look very geeky.
Plus he can play comedy.

Offline Tigris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: December 12, 2010, 02:16:26 AM »
or or as Sanya
1) Henry Simmons
2) Shemar Moore
3) Boris Kodjoe

An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why. - William Faulkner

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 12, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »
Ooooh...I especially like that middle one, Tigris. (And not just for the sexy pose.) ;)

As for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he's too sexy to play Butters, I think. I'd like to see him in Dresden for sure, though. Any other parts he could play?

Offline Tigris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: December 12, 2010, 06:51:14 AM »
Ooooh...I especially like that middle one, Tigris. (And not just for the sexy pose.) ;)
Ah yes, Shemar Moore, very sexy and he has the of being an ass-kicking FBI agent to boot.

As for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he's too sexy to play Butters, I think. I'd like to see him in Dresden for sure, though. Any other parts he could play?
I donno, add some crazy Einstein hair, glasses and scrubs and he would make a pretty good Butters. Btw, Harry never said Butters was ugly, just odd. I vote for a sexy Butters, more eye candy for all!

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 12, 2010, 06:56:12 AM »
I donno, add some crazy Einstein hair, glasses and scrubs and he would make a pretty good Butters. Btw, Harry never said Butters was ugly, just odd. I vote for a sexy Butters, more eye candy for all!

Lol! I can't argue with wanting more eye candy but...I dunno. I guess I just don't want to have to see my sweetheart having to be so quirky when he has the ability to be so sexy. Selfish, I know. ;)

Offline Tigris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: December 12, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
Quirky and sexy do not have to be mutually exclusive.*off to work now*

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 12, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
Quirky and sexy do not have to be mutually exclusive.*off to work now*

Eh, maybe not. (I mean, Dean Winchester is pretty quirk but sexy as heck.) I'll have to think about it. Have a nice day, Tigris!  :)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: December 12, 2010, 06:39:47 PM »
Hey, I'm good with Shemar Moore for Sanya.  Good looking and he's used to doing action work as you say.
As for Butters.  All I remember, at the moment, of Harry's comments is that he was small and wiry with dark hair that stuck up like an upset cat.  He never said Butters was ugly.  Also you need someone that you believe would be into Polka.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 12, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »
Hey, I'm good with Shemar Moore for Sanya.  Good looking and he's used to doing action work as you say.
As for Butters.  All I remember, at the moment, of Harry's comments is that he was small and wiry with dark hair that stuck up like an upset cat.  He never said Butters was ugly.  Also you need someone that you believe would be into Polka.

I agree that there's nothing in the description that says my boy couldn't be Butters. But I just can't see him liking Polka or being so quirky in his mannerisms like Butters. And I love Butters - he's just squattier and goofier in my image.