Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126885 times)

Offline Bujin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2745 on: December 07, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »
Eh. I realize that finding the Thomas I visualize is going to be impossible but I still can't accept NPH. Given who Thomas is, the actor we choose should make me have to struggle really hard not to lust and NPH doesn't do that. Matt Bomer does that...but he doesn't look exactly like Thomas looks in my head. I can make the sacrifce for exact appearance easier, though, than I can accept someone who lacks that innate sexual magnetism that is so essential.

My wife would leave me for Matt Bomer in a heartbeat.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 07, 2010, 02:56:21 PM »
My wife would leave me for Matt Bomer in a heartbeat.

Lol! Well, he is sort of hard to compete with...  :-\
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 07, 2010, 02:58:33 PM »
That movie was kinda terrible I thought the plot was strung out and the villians were easily beat

You'll notice I called it a guilty pleasure. Not great by any strech but a fun action movie and totally enjoyable. And the fact that the scenery was so nice the whole way through didn't hurt for the female action movie fans such as myself. ;)

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2748 on: December 07, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »

*dry-heaves*
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Bujin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 07, 2010, 04:45:27 PM »

Then again, she'd leave me sooner for Antonio Banderas, or Michael Praed (during his Robin Hood days.)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: December 07, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
Then again, she'd leave me sooner for Antonio Banderas, or Michael Praed (during his Robin Hood days.)

Lol! Must say, she has exceptional taste. How about Gerard Butler? The other day my dad mentioned his accent for some role and my mom and I both uttered a unison and dreamy "Yeah...". He said he wasn't sure he liked how we said that - I guess he's got the same thing on the mind as you, Bujin. ;)

Offline Bujin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 08, 2010, 12:49:11 AM »
Lol! Must say, she has exceptional taste. How about Gerard Butler? The other day my dad mentioned his accent for some role and my mom and I both uttered a unison and dreamy "Yeah...". He said he wasn't sure he liked how we said that - I guess he's got the same thing on the mind as you, Bujin. ;)

I'm almost positive that she doesn't know who Gerard Butler is..... we're pretty elderly, and she doesn't really keep up with pop culture stuff.  She does love Scottish accents, though.  She's seen Braveheart at least 6 times, and I doubt it was the plot.

She does indeed have good taste.  Straight or not, Michael Praed was so pretty that I would have given him a second look.   :)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: December 08, 2010, 02:53:41 AM »
I'm almost positive that she doesn't know who Gerard Butler is..... we're pretty elderly, and she doesn't really keep up with pop culture stuff.  She does love Scottish accents, though.  She's seen Braveheart at least 6 times, and I doubt it was the plot.

She does indeed have good taste.  Straight or not, Michael Praed was so pretty that I would have given him a second look.   :)

Ah - just be greatful she doesn't know him, lol. ;) And I adore Braveheart myself! (And like her, its not just for the plot.)  ::)

At least she has good tastes. And she picked you so you can look at her interest in cool Hollywood guys as a complement if you want. (That's what I'm hoping my husband will do, lol.) ;)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:09 AM »
Who mentioned Butler he can be kincaid
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 09, 2010, 03:59:49 AM »
Who mentioned Butler he can be kincaid

Ooh, I mentioned him and you're right, he would make a great Kincaid. I could totally picture him as the tough mercenary and I think he could very believably play up the soft spot for Ivy as well. However, I think we'd have to make an exception about the hair if he were going to play the role. I think the long hair would look forced on him and that would really spoil the tough assassin image.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 10, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »
I saw this pic and I just thought OMG! it's Marcone!

Andy Garcia

someone may have already mentioned him, but I'm not going through 150 pages of posts   :D

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: December 10, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »
Wow, that is Marcone! He will now officially play Marcone in my head as I read the upcoming books. Thanks, Icecream!  ;D

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: December 10, 2010, 11:22:43 PM »
I still say travolta should be marcone
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 10, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
No.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: December 10, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
I still say travolta should be marcone

Sure. But it'll have to wait until after he's completed acting lessons.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.