Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127016 times)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2610 on: November 07, 2010, 02:16:10 AM »
I'm not sure he works as Harry for me but I bet you'd have my sister's support - she's been in love with him ever since "Red."  :)

Heck, I've liked him ever since LOTR.
By the by, instead of Harry - how about Tilly the FBI guy?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 07, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »
Look down. See the red dot on the tip of your nose.

Oops

He can't see it, but there's another on his forehead.

*looks up* where

I really was just joking to beg for forgiveness on that hole disgusting fiasco. How about Toby McGuire for Harry

Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:10 AM »
Heck, I've liked him ever since LOTR.
By the by, instead of Harry - how about Tilly the FBI guy?

Hey, that could really work. I like it!

I really was just joking to beg for forgiveness on that hole disgusting fiasco. How about Toby McGuire for Harry

Haha, very funny. Toby as Harry is worse than Kianu as Harry in my opinion. (Hint: if you're looking for my forgiveness try Jared Padalecki, James Marsters, or Matt Cohen.)  ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 07, 2010, 03:18:23 AM »
HOW about Jared I like him in Supernatural, or maybe Misha
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 07, 2010, 03:53:40 AM »
HOW about Jared I like him in Supernatural, or maybe Misha

Forgiven!  ;D Seriously though, I think he'd make a great Harry. Dean may get the more Harry-esque lines in the show but there are moments when you can see what a smartmouth Jared has. And in some of those interviews he's just hilarious.

As for Misha, love him to death but, even in interviews, he's always a little too quiet of a wiseass to play the overtly,constantly, only-not-a-wiseass-when-he's-asleep Harry Dresden.

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 07, 2010, 03:58:01 AM »
Are we to trust harry. First he is asked if he is ever not a wiseass. He says only in his sleep. Then he says he utters off color limericks in his sleep. Are we to trust harry.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 07, 2010, 04:13:48 AM »
Are we to trust harry. First he is asked if he is ever not a wiseass. He says only in his sleep. Then he says he utters off color limericks in his sleep. Are we to trust harry.

Maybe he justifies the off-color limerick thing as just annoying and not being a wiseass because its not in response to someone else. Kind of a loop-whole but still...Harry isn't exactly above that.  ;)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 07, 2010, 04:17:28 AM »
Maybe he justifies the off-color limerick thing as just annoying and not being a wiseass because its not in response to someone else. Kind of a loop-whole but still...Harry isn't exactly above that.  ;)

FIFY

maybe hatshep maybe
Sir  Reginald.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 08, 2010, 06:12:35 AM »
mischa collins I could actually see as harry, he can do grouchy and has a wizardy sort of voice. Might require a different sort of comedic timing than you see with castiel though. Remember, Harry is cool because he is also a total dork Mischa seems more suited to play the straight cool guy.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 08, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »
yeah
Sir  Reginald.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2620 on: November 08, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »
mischa collins I could actually see as harry, he can do grouchy and has a wizardy sort of voice. Might require a different sort of comedic timing than you see with castiel though. Remember, Harry is cool because he is also a total dork Mischa seems more suited to play the straight cool guy.

Are you kidding?

Seriously, are you?

Misha Collins is probably one of the funniest people on the planet because he does dead pan humor. He's a complete dork. He doesn't act it all the time, but he is one of the few actors I love who would be absolutely perfect for Harry. Not even kidding, go to his Twitter (@mishacollins) and read some of the stuff he puts up. He talks about everything from President Obama needing his help for foreign policy, to Queen Elizabeth wanting to behead him, to having to hide in an underground bunker with only a pony for food. (not seriously, thank God, but it was hilarious the first time I read it).

And then, just to round it off, go look up some videos of him at the Supernatural conventions (just to name a few, Supernatural cons are usually shortened by the name of the con and the city, plus the annual number of the convention -- for instance, JIB-Con Spain 5. JIB stands for one of the episode titles, Jus In Bello, Asylum 5, All Hell Breaks Loose, AHBL -- actually, I still don't know what that one stands for, but you get the idea.)

He plays the incredibly serious Castiel (and he explains it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPaGD9zlnc) because the mytharc behind Cas is that, his true form makes people's eyes bleed, and the true sound of his voice could make your head explode -- and more recently, he informed everyone in character that his true form is also as big as the Chrysler Building -- ergo, it seemed only right to make Cas' voice sound deep and gravelly.

He's just too short :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 08, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »
Wow that was an incredibly long goose chase TbF
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »
Oops

*looks up* where

With all those red laser dots sprouting up all over you, you're starting to look like you have chicken pox.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2623 on: November 08, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
*Considers saying Scorpio*

We need Karl Urban in a large role.  Period.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 08, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »
*Considers saying Scorpio*

We need Karl Urban in a large role.  Period.

I could see him as Kincaid.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.