Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126956 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2595 on: November 05, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »

Whatever happened to just casting the perfect person for TDF movie?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 05, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
sorry back on subject Keaneu Reeves for harry
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2597 on: November 05, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »

*raises fist and shakes it threateningly at Grey Warden who can't seem to keep his identity straight*

I thought we'd all already agreed on forcibly bleaching Mr. Monotonous' hair blonde and force-casting him as Martin?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 05, 2010, 09:42:55 PM »
How about Matt Cohen (aka young John Winchester from Supernatural) as Harry? I have only seen clips from the episodes he was in but he really seems like a Harry Dresden to me. Thoughts?
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2599 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
How about Matt Cohen (aka young John Winchester from Supernatural) as Harry? I have only seen clips from the episodes he was in but he really seems like a Harry Dresden to me. Thoughts?

I'd go for that, except Matt is really a lot more ridiculously good looking than Harry's supposed to be.

I see more Thomas in him than Harry.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 05, 2010, 10:31:50 PM »
I'd go for that, except Matt is really a lot more ridiculously good looking than Harry's supposed to be.

I see more Thomas in him than Harry.

Matt is really good looking, sure...but you cheated by picking such a glammy photo. ;) He's still great looking but with a more down-to-earth appeal in his role in Supernatural. And they could always scruff him up a little by adding some very Dresden-ish bed hair and some 5 o'clock (or, as as frequently the case with Harry, 5 day) shadow.

I'm not sure I could see him as Thomas, even if he played up a glammier look though, because he's got the lean build of Harry and Thomas is supposed to be more Greek god.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:43:39 PM by hatshep2 »

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2601 on: November 06, 2010, 12:35:21 AM »
Matt is really good looking, sure...but you cheated by picking such a glammy photo. ;) He's still great looking but with a more down-to-earth appeal in his role in Supernatural. And they could always scruff him up a little by adding some very Dresden-ish bed hair and some 5 o'clock (or, as as frequently the case with Harry, 5 day) shadow.

I'm not sure I could see him as Thomas, even if he played up a glammier look though, because he's got the lean build of Harry and Thomas is supposed to be more Greek god.

*giggle* At least Thomas doesn't sparkle. We'd have a REAL problem, then.

And yeah, I guess I could see that... not really sure how I feel about Matt playing him, though. Younger Harry, before he kept getting his face smashed in my creatures that he keeps pissing off, yeah, definitely.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 06, 2010, 04:37:15 AM »

Lol! Don't get either of us started. ;)

And yeah, I guess I could see that... not really sure how I feel about Matt playing him, though. Younger Harry, before he kept getting his face smashed in my creatures that he keeps pissing off, yeah, definitely.

Yeah, I'm picturing starting the Dresden movies at Storm Front with Harry as a reasonably young and unsmashed wizard detective. Which, as much as I hate admiting it, means that James Marsters might not work as perfectly as I would really, really like to believe. He sure doesn't look 48 (can you believe he's 48?) but I have to reluctantly admit he doesn't really look 23ish either, which is what I imagine the movie Harrry should be.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 06, 2010, 06:56:19 AM »

Oh dear, what if Thomas had shown up to Ortega's duel all "sparkly" it would have put a whole NEW spin on that scene.
I don't know that anybody other than Ortega and Harry would have been able to keep a straight face.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 06, 2010, 08:03:59 AM »
OK so not the exact physical description - but Karl Urban. My god those eyes! they're just so intense. oh and he's a kiwi  :P

*swoon*

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 06, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

Look down. See the red dot on the tip of your nose.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2606 on: November 06, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
Oh dear, what if Thomas had shown up to Ortega's duel all "sparkly" it would have put a whole NEW spin on that scene.
I don't know that anybody other than Ortega and Harry would have been able to keep a straight face.

OMG

*falls off of couch*

bahahahahaha

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2607 on: November 06, 2010, 12:51:38 PM »
Look down. See the red dot on the tip of your nose.

He can't see it, but there's another on his forehead.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2608 on: November 06, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
OK so not the exact physical description - but Karl Urban. My god those eyes! they're just so intense. oh and he's a kiwi  :P

*swoon*

RAWR ;D

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 06, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »
*swoon*

I'm not sure he works as Harry for me but I bet you'd have my sister's support - she's been in love with him ever since "Red."  :)