Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127203 times)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2565 on: October 31, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »
I could totally see Nathan Fillion as Harry and maybe Kristen Bell as Murphy

But here is what I would do. I am addicted to the audio versions of the books and James Marsters totally owns the voice of Harry. So why not do a CGI movie done really well like Animatrix and Beowulf. Then James can do the voice of Harry and then Jim can help make him look like he is suppose to. It would be much easier to create  magical entities and the never-never if it's all CGI.

Either way I think some kind of cinematic version of Dresden would totally rock.

Give it a few more years to see how the technology progresses. They aren't quite there yet in terms of realism (and honestly I kind of doubt that they will ever reach the level of realism you get from real actors.) If they could though I think that would be pretty neat...give James Marsters a little extra height and any other finishing touches JB recommends and there you have it - the perfect Harry Dresden. ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Johannes Dee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 01, 2010, 01:59:09 AM »
Heh funny you should say that EJM, I was thinking the same thing recently. I saw the trailer for Tangled, Disney's new Rapunzel movie (which looks great btw) and Zach Levi ("Chuck") is voicing the main character. He sounds almost exactly like I picture Harry sounding... can you picture sounds? Anyway, I digress heh. But, yeah. That's when I started to think mebbe Zach could pull off Harry, but the thought of just forgoing the casting couch and animating it all crossed my mind. After all, I've seen Jim mention he always pictures the books as comics anyway, why not just animate his thoughts? I'd pay $20+ for hour/hour and a half Dresden movies in the style of the Hellboy animated films.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 01, 2010, 03:28:21 AM »
Maybe
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline ejm79

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: November 01, 2010, 04:04:31 AM »
Maybe Jim could set up a contest and have a bunch of studios try to bring Dresden to life by animating the stroylines from Side Stories. Then if there is a clear winner he could have them bring the entire series to life.

The old scifi show was pretty cool but there was always something missing.....I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was lacking some key element.

I think this could kick star the American Anime. Jap-Anime is getting old and after Harry Potter craze the entertainment industry is just drooling for a new magical hero.

If I had the money I would totally bank roll this project

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: November 01, 2010, 04:05:50 AM »
That is a really good idea ejm
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: November 01, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »
Lol. You just can't seem to settle on an icon can you, Grey?  ;)

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »
Unfortunately nothing happens until the rights revert to Jim, unless Lionsgate (I believe it is) decides to do something with them.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 01, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
Unfortunately nothing happens until the rights revert to Jim, unless Lionsgate (I believe it is) decides to do something with them.

Which I don't really see happening. :( When does it revert back to JB?

Offline Koriandr

• Conversationalist
  • rawr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »
Which I don't really see happening. :( When does it revert back to JB?

Gosh, I wish I remember when in the seminar he said it, but back at Dragon*Con in September, he mentioned that Lionsgate had the rights for a little while longer. He then said it something like, "Two years.... and 8 months.... and 37 days..... not that I'm counting." But I believe it's about 2 years or so. If I find the exact reference, I'll post it. :)
"No one delights more in vengeance than a woman." Juvenal, Satires XII

DV Koriandr v1.0 YR6 FR0.5 BK++ RP JB++ !TH WG++ ?CL  SW BC+++ MC+ SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]FF-

Apprentice - Your Dresden Files purity rating is 48.1%

Offline Orange Krush

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: November 01, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
I think Nicolas Cage should play one of Toot's guards... He did such a good job with DF TV series.

Toot should be played by Jon Cryer of Two and a half men

John Malkovic playing the Merlin

Voice of Bob would be Jeremy Piven

Winter Knight would be Woody Harrelson

That is all i have for now. 

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: November 01, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
Gosh, I wish I remember when in the seminar he said it, but back at Dragon*Con in September, he mentioned that Lionsgate had the rights for a little while longer. He then said it something like, "Two years.... and 8 months.... and 37 days..... not that I'm counting." But I believe it's about 2 years or so. If I find the exact reference, I'll post it. :)

Lol! It's great to know he has plans for it.  :)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: November 02, 2010, 12:35:52 AM »
Lol. You just can't seem to settle on an icon can you, Grey?  ;)

Well I was Forest for a while but since halloween I changed to one of my other heroes, Barney Stinson
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: November 02, 2010, 02:24:27 AM »
Well I was Forest for a while but since halloween I changed to one of my other heroes, Barney Stinson

A gay man playing a womanizer? Far out. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: November 02, 2010, 02:27:50 AM »
A gay man playing a womanizer? Far out. :D

Exactly
Sir  Reginald.

Offline ejm79

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: November 02, 2010, 04:09:54 AM »
Since someone brought up the Merlin

I think that Ian Mcshane should be the Merlin.......and Robert Duvall should be Ebenezar McCoy

If McShane can refrain from dropping an F-bomb for a few hours I think they could make it work.

The dog from Harry Potter could be Mouse

Maybe instead of wishing about this we should start a fundraiser.... Starting now.... Ending when Jim get the film rights back...... I will pledge $100 every 6 months between now and then..... if someone will get Jim involved and start a legitimate donation site. I know it's not much but it's something.

EJM