Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126831 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2340 on: October 16, 2010, 02:11:14 AM »
Okay, it would be Lindsey 2.0, then. (I've really got to get back to watching Angel...but as it is I can't seem to drag myself away from homework and fanfics.)  ;)

I am so proud of you! *weeps*
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: October 16, 2010, 02:26:08 AM »
I am so proud of you! *weeps*

Lol!  ;D (Update: I'm on ch. 52 and loving it! The characters are written so well, the story is so well crafted, and she really captures the voices of her two narrators. And I imagine Spike would be really hard to do but she writes him brilliantly.)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: October 16, 2010, 02:43:42 AM »
What are you talking about?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: October 16, 2010, 03:02:52 AM »
What are you talking about?

A great Buffy/Spike fanfic that tiny[but]fierce recommended called "West of the Moon, East of the Sun." http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewuser.php?uid=5799 if you're interested. (You have to make an account to read it because they make you verify your age but the account opening is free and very painless.) Its very well written and not just about writting about Spike and Buffy hooking up. The character voices are a perfect fit with how they are in the show and it has great pacing and a very well-constructed story. And most imporantly the author actually writes them in character. Anyway, I would highly recommend it if you like fanfics.

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: October 16, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »
Nicodemus ;D

murphy

Ivy

Lol - it's a disney day.
Note:Mulan is not a disney princess!

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2345 on: October 16, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »

Note:Mulan is not a disney princess!

Not in the traditional sense, anyhow.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: October 17, 2010, 04:05:09 AM »
Not in the traditional sense, anyhow.

What of course she is, not in the literal sense but in the figure head, UK as it is now kind of way.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Slick Jimmy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:24 AM »
Kevin Durand for Chicago's only Private Eye Wizard, the inimitable Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden.

At 6'6", he's a bit of a behemoth, but Harry's bangin' his head on the top of normal door frames at 6'8", so whatever, and Durand's done a bit of action, so that's a plus. He was Little John in the most recent Robin Hood, and the archangel Gabriel in Legion. He has a fairly commanding presence on screen, and has done a memorable role with dark comedic edge in the movie Smokin' Aces as one of the murderous, but strangely endear (at least to warped lil' ol' me) Tremor Brothers. He's never had a huge leading role like being cast as Harry would be, (There's only one other wizard named Harry that I know of and that kid is a bit of a git of you ask me...;)) but there's always a first time, no? Not sure if Durand has his snark factor completely dialed up or not to play Harry's glib, sardonic, rapier wit to the hilt, but give him an intricately carved staff, a snazzy leather trench, and a brooding, wide brimmed hat, with dramatic lighting with the rest of him in shadow, and see what you get, hmmm? He might surprise everybody, and he might be the best antihero since Clint's The Man With No Name, or at least be badder than Liam Neeson's campy bandage wrapped Darkman. Cry Havoc, And Let Loose The Dogs Of War!!!

Definitely Cristina Ricci for Murph. At 5'3', and curvy as a Lamans race course, all you gotta do is blonde her up, with color contacts, hand her a gun, and BAM! Murphy's Law on the Chi-Town prowl, baby!

Did you see our sweet and creepy Wednesday Addams all growns-up in Black Snake Moan? Sheesh! Scariest Lil' Nympho Ever! Poor Samuel L. Jackson had a miniature tiger by the tail there. Nothin' like an ol' black man keepin' a firey lil' white girl chained up to a radiator in the Deep South! Heh...

As for Morgan? Well, he's gettin' a bit old, but I'm feelin' Ed Harris. That boy is one steely eyed mofo! Carl in a History Of Violence. General Hummel in The Rock. And lest we not forget, the freaky psycho serial killer, Blair Sullivan, in Just Cause. I still say he gave Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter a run for his money in that flick.

He should easily be able to pull off the fanatical Warden Morgan.

Look at 'im! Such a handsome devil!

Well, that's all for now.

As ya'll can tell, I'm kind of a cinophile. Hey, we all gotta' have our hobbies.

Oh, and, um, just wondering... Are we allowed to post pics like this? If not, I'll take 'em down, and jam the links instead.

Jimmy Out.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:30 AM »
Pics are fine. It's recommended that they be copied over to a file-sharing site like Photobucket and linked from there so as not to mess with other sites' bandwidth, but that's only a suggestion.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Christina Ricci is very good for Murphy!!! This blonde pic really looks like Murph to me. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3421149952/nm0000207

Offline Tribblechomper

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Photoshoplifter Dan
« Reply #2350 on: October 18, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
Christina Ricci is very good for Murphy!!! This blonde pic really looks like Murph to me. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3421149952/nm0000207

Sorry, but too much forehead; maybe she and Marcia Cross could get together and form a society for women with mutant foreheads?
November 15, 2008-A day that will live in infamy...let's hope I'm not in the hospital THIS birthday!!!
Ah done an' went an' gots me a WEBSITE, y'all!!!
www.photoshoplifterdan.com

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: October 18, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »
The Forehead was a villain the Tick comics.

... and now you know. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 18, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
Lol! But she's got the kind of cute and rounded Murph features.

Offline Wonderdude

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 18, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »
It's been said several times already, so I'll just throw my vote into the pile and say that I believe that Butters should be played by Zack Gallaphinacas.  The more he ages, the more he becomes Butters to me.
That's the guy from The Hangover, right?  Wasn't Butters described as short and skinny?  Personally, I've been seeing Simon Helburg in my head whenever I read Butters.

Offline Wonderdude

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 18, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »
Sorry, I have to vote against Jared Padaleki.  He played Thomas Kinkaid (the "Painter of Light") in a Hall-mark style movie over Christmas.  Kind of ruined him as a tough guy--or even tough-ish guy for me.  I'll never be able to imagine him without a paintbrush in his hand ever again....Try to see him with a wand---and have the wand morph into a brush...nope...just does not work for me....
Plus, Padalecki is just so darn pretty.  Harry was never described as pretty.