Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126786 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2310 on: October 14, 2010, 02:43:49 AM »
*blinks*

Um. Okaaaaaay.

I will attempt again to restart the topic of the thread with my casting calls. Again.

Younger Harry - Lucas Bryant
Thomas - Matt Bomer (that's the image that convinced me to watch White Collar. This is the image that solidified it for me: B&W Matt Picture)
Billy Borden - Matt Lanter (or Robbie Amell, who plays Fred Jones in the Scooby Doo reboots on Cartoon Network)
Malin Åkerman for either Amazon Gard, Lasciel, or Lily the Summer Lady
Shaun Toub for the Gatekeeper
CCH Pounder for Martha Liberty (by the way, do you know how hard it was finding a picture of this woman where she is NOT smiling? ... as I don't imagine that Martha Liberty smiles often.)
Wes Studii for Injun Joe
Christopher Lee for the Merlin (just imagine a silver circlet around his head and a white staff instead of the evil black one.)
Jim Beaver as Ebenezer (need I say more?)
Mark Sheppard for Nicodemus
Jason Statham as Lloyd Slate :X

Anyone else notice that I still don't have a damn casting for Karrin or Molly? Yeeettt, I know exactly who I want for the lesser characters... ???
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 14, 2010, 02:44:50 AM »
I will unleash unimaginable torments on you
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 14, 2010, 02:53:57 AM »
I will unleash unimaginable torments on you

I've been through worse.  ;D

Younger Harry - Lucas Bryant
Thomas - Matt Bomer (that's the image that convinced me to watch White Collar. This is the image that solidified it for me: B&W Matt Picture)
Billy Borden - Matt Lanter (or Robbie Amell, who plays Fred Jones in the Scooby Doo reboots on Cartoon Network)
Malin Åkerman for either Amazon Gard, Lasciel, or Lily the Summer Lady
Shaun Toub for the Gatekeeper
CCH Pounder for Martha Liberty (by the way, do you know how hard it was finding a picture of this woman where she is NOT smiling? ... as I don't imagine that Martha Liberty smiles often.)
Wes Studii for Injun Joe
Christopher Lee for the Merlin (just imagine a silver circlet around his head and a white staff instead of the evil black one.)
Jim Beaver as Ebenezer (need I say more?)
Mark Sheppard for Nicodemus
Jason Statham as Lloyd Slate :X

AWESOME CASTING!!! Only ones I don't approve are the casting of Loyd Slate (who doesn't look young and rough but kind of sexy like I always imagine,) Martha Liberty (I always picture her a little younger and good looking in an elegant 40-50 year old wise woman way,) and casting for Harry (since, although I would be far from bitter about your casting, I prefer James Marsters.) Casting for Billy (either one) is spot on and I love, love, love Mark Sheppard as Nic!!! I have had the hardest time finding the right guy for him and that actor is one of those I just love to hate with a passion. The Gatekeeper's casting is especially nice, too. I don't know I've ever really though about who should play him but this guy is totally it.
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 14, 2010, 02:55:21 AM »
I like Jim Beaver for EB
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Johannes Dee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 15, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »
*bobs and weaves through the multitude of flying sharp and/or rotten projectiles* Sheesh, you got some kind of weird, tomato-based Plants vs. Zombies knockoff going on here or what? ;P

Anybody toss Zach "Chuck" Levi into the mix for Harry yet? Seems like a natural for the role. Tall, rangy, doofus, somewhat on the dorky side but dark and charming enough to make it loveable, somewhat socially awkward, but with the ability to snark his way through any situation, broods well, AND he's able to pull off serious and action to boot.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 15, 2010, 02:44:42 AM »
Too baby faced for my tastes, harry is rugged
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Johannes Dee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 15, 2010, 02:46:55 AM »

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 15, 2010, 02:49:21 AM »
and in this corner dead president number 48
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Johannes Dee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 15, 2010, 02:58:06 AM »
*shuffles back off to his own corner like the sad yeti in Ringo Starr's "Caveman"*

:P

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 15, 2010, 03:00:54 AM »
Just saying he looks a bit like a politition
Sir  Reginald.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:09 AM »
*bobs and weaves through the multitude of flying sharp and/or rotten projectiles* Sheesh, you got some kind of weird, tomato-based Plants vs. Zombies knockoff going on here or what? ;P

Anybody toss Zach "Chuck" Levi into the mix for Harry yet? Seems like a natural for the role. Tall, rangy, doofus, somewhat on the dorky side but dark and charming enough to make it loveable, somewhat socially awkward, but with the ability to snark his way through any situation, broods well, AND he's able to pull off serious and action to boot.

I guess we did go through a little phase of veggie obsession there, didn't we?  :D

I really like Zach (and the show "Chuck" is just beyond awesome!!!) but I'm not sure he matches for the sharp features of Harry. Speaking of casting choice for Harry, if you're interested in seeing who else we think should be in the running feel free to check out the "who should play Harry" poll (the updated version) at http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,21170.0.html. I'm afraid Zach didn't make the list when I compiled it about a month ago but feel free to vote if you wanna.  :)

Welcome to the board, btw!!!  :)

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:57 AM »
Just saying he looks a bit like a politition

What?!? Our beloved Chuck doesn't look like a polititican. Don't make me start another veggie war...  ;)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 15, 2010, 03:06:59 AM »

^Politition

*throws rotten fruit (tomato)*
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Johannes Dee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 15, 2010, 03:08:03 AM »
Harry for Mayor?

"Democrat? Republican?" *sneers* "I'm the one with the blasting rod."

He'd get my vote :)

Offline Johannes Dee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 15, 2010, 03:20:52 AM »
Thanks for the welcome :)

My vote went for Jared Padawhatsis, from Supernatural. Mainly because I thought he looked like the closest fit, visually. And in theory we'd have to start with a younger actor, otherwise I might've been tempted to go Olyphant... though I admit I wouldn't have thought of him without seeing him listed there. As far as Jared goes, I've never seen Supernatural so no idea what his acting's like, but I've heard great things about the show this past year so I assume he's up to snuff.

As far as Harry's features, in my mind at least, it's more his attitude, gumption and, world weariness that give him his rough looks (well that, and being a bit of a slob heh), and less any kind of Marlowesque chin-chiseling. Peter Parkerish, as I think I've seen Jim mention a few times elsewhere. Hence, Chuck heh. But I admit, I'd have to see Levi pull off the character in an audition before I was completely sold. I've only recently gotten into Chuck, and haven't seen him pull off any Harry-level badassery yet, so he'd have to convince me.

And if any of this were to actually happen, there's the fact that Levi's looking to break into movies in recurring, high profile roles as evidenced by his being in the Superman running recently. That, and he'd bring a hefty cult-following into our own cult hehe :)