Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127026 times)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2055 on: September 21, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
Wuz watching Hawai'i 5.0 last night.  James Marsters was the guest star bad guy.  I thought it worked for him.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: September 21, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
Wuz watching Hawai'i 5.0 last night.  James Marsters was the guest star bad guy.  I thought it worked for him.

Yeah, I loved it! Alex O'Laughlin is a personal favorite of mine and just about everybody on this forum knows how I feel about Marsters so as you might guess, I was in heaven. Seriously, though, I loved the show! Great character chemistry, even though it was just the first ep. I have very high hopes for the show.
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »
watching Angel and i really don't like him for harry i think he would make a better Grevene
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 21, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »
Apropos of nothing but who played vampires well on TV, the *best* I've ever seen was Kyle Schmid in "Blood Ties".  He played Henry Fitzroy, bastard son of King Henry VIII.  He had to play what Tanya Huff in her books describes as Prince of the Night/Prince of Man.  He manages to do both with a fluidity that's surprising.  He has both nobility and regal bearing, and then with a tilt of his head and a twist of his lips, he's the feral hunter with barely leashed hunger.  It's a performance that I applaud.  Really great acting.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: September 21, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
watching Angel and i really don't like him for harry i think he would make a better Grevene

Not saying this is it, but part of that could be due to his Spike accent. Although he is American he can do just about any accent - Cockney on "Buffy" and "Angel," a Louisiana bayou accent he auditioned with (back when Whedon though Spike was going to be Cajun,) a hilariously good French accent I heard him do on an interview, and was that a Scottish accent on "Hawaii 5-0" last night?

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 21, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
mayhap
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2061 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
Not saying this is it, but part of that could be due to his Spike accent. Although he is American he can do just about any accent - Cockney on "Buffy" and "Angel," a Louisiana bayou accent he auditioned with (back when Whedon though Spike was going to be Cajun,) a hilariously good French accent I heard him do on an interview, and was that a Scottish accent on "Hawaii 5-0" last night?

Irish :) The nuances are very similar, but an Irish accent has a bit more of a old-worldy inflection to it. But my ears may be biased. I love Ireland :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 21, 2010, 08:26:16 PM »
Irish :) The nuances are very similar, but an Irish accent has a bit more of a old-worldy inflection to it. But my ears may be biased. I love Ireland :)

Hmm...good ear. For some reason I tend to assume Scottish first (maybe because my Mom loves Scotland.) I see what you mean about there being a difference though. I should have known it was Irish since I tend to like Irish actors' voices better than Scottish ones. (In this case I guess I just assumed it was my bias for Marsters showing through, again.)  ;)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 22, 2010, 01:53:29 AM »
What do you have against the best actor who ever lived.

(Sean Connery)
Sir  Reginald.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 22, 2010, 02:04:14 AM »

(Sean Connery)

Ooh...his voice is pretty awesome! Didn't care for him much as Bond, although this may just be because I don't tend to like the slow pacing of older movies (except "Casablanca"...loved that movie!) But he was AWESOME as Indy's dad!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: September 22, 2010, 02:06:39 AM »
WHAT?? *hires own contract hitter* he is the best bond you...you....blond bond lover.

(He was pretty awesome as indys dad that is my favorite of those movies. DAD..JUNIOR....DAD.....Junior)
Sir  Reginald.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2066 on: September 22, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »

(Sean Connery)

Huh? Who has something against Sean Connery?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2067 on: September 22, 2010, 02:15:02 AM »
Out of curiosity, and since most people (including me) don't seem to like Moses' choice of Dakota Fanning as Molly, what does everyone think of her being cast as Tessa? Tessa is described as being short, lithe, and looking like a 15 year old.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: September 22, 2010, 02:17:07 AM »
Ooh...his voice is pretty awesome! Didn't care for him much as Bond, although this may just be because I don't tend to like the slow pacing of older movies (except "Casablanca"...loved that movie!) But he was AWESOME as Indy's dad!

This

and no TbF i don't like her as that but Aurelia the summer lady could be ...... Jessica Alba
Sir  Reginald.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2069 on: September 22, 2010, 02:22:57 AM »

This

and no TbF i don't like her as that but Aurelia the summer lady could be ...... Jessica Alba

*blinks*

... You mean Aurora?

How did we go from Tessa to Aurora there? Is there a universal translator for text built into the forum that I wasn't aware of? *genuinely confused*
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:26:47 AM by tiny[but]fierce »

In Butcher We Trust.