Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127144 times)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1905 on: September 15, 2010, 02:47:05 AM »
Dude, I don't care, so long as those gorgeous baby blues and those sharp-as-knives cheekbones come out in the best light :D

Ain't that the truth.  A friend of mine loves to go down to Hollywood Blvd. on Halloween night to see all the costumes, weirdos, and weirdos in costume.  Anyway, was taking a picture of a very cute chick in a Wonder Woman outfit when he realizes that her boyfriend looks really, really familiar.  Turns out it was James Marsters in his Spike days.  I took the photo and cropped out the lovely lady leaving only the handsome gentleman.  Da*n he's good looking.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 15, 2010, 02:52:33 AM »
Nathon Fillion for Michal
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 15, 2010, 02:56:02 AM »
Nathon Fillion for Michal

Fillion has his strengths but I don't think he's right for Michael.
Too young, though make-up can overcome that.  But, I just don't see him as Michael.
I'm with Shecky on this one - Paul Gross from Due South.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 15, 2010, 03:00:43 AM »
Dude, I don't care, so long as those gorgeous baby blues and those sharp-as-knives cheekbones come out in the best light :D

You're desciption alone conjures up enough of an image of Marsters to get me drooling.  ;) And I know he may not be tall but with as awesome as he is if JB wants him for the role of Harry that is all the convincing I need. Marsters as Harry all the way!
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1909 on: September 15, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »
Ain't that the truth.  A friend of mine loves to go down to Hollywood Blvd. on Halloween night to see all the costumes, weirdos, and weirdos in costume.  Anyway, was taking a picture of a very cute chick in a Wonder Woman outfit when he realizes that her boyfriend looks really, really familiar.  Turns out it was James Marsters in his Spike days.  I took the photo and cropped out the lovely lady leaving only the handsome gentleman.  Da*n he's good looking.

Oh my god, I needs must see this picture right the hell now. See, now you've done it, lol.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1910 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:01 AM »
By the way, does anyone know how recent the WOJ was when he said Alexis Denisof for Harry? Because now, I'm curious to know what changed between 2007, and whenever Jim pinged on Denisof?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1911 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:11 AM »
You're desciption alone conjures up enough of an image of Marsters to get me drooling.  ;) And I know he may not be tall but with as awesome as he is if JB wants him for the role of Harry that is all the convincing I need. Marsters as Harry all the way!

Where the hell is the 'LIKE' button on this board?!

Oh, wait, this isn't Facebook. Argh.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Linnemir

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 15, 2010, 04:02:06 AM »
I love James Marsters.
That aside, he is a bit short to play Harry and part of Harry's character is his height.
as the cop says in White Knight "How many NBA sized gay white guys with dogs have you seen around here."  or some such thing.

Interesting to know that JB wanted Marsters for Harry. 
If not Harry, how about Marsters for Chandler/Steed?  He dresses up REAL NICE.

If they could make John Rhys-Davies (a six footer) look dwarven height, why couldn't they reverse the camera trick and make JM look taller??

Yeah, he'd do a good job with Steed, but it's just a relatively small part (so far!)
A mind is a terrible thing to lose ... now, where the heck did I leave mine?

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1913 on: September 15, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »
If they could make John Rhys-Davies (a six footer) look dwarven height, why couldn't they reverse the camera trick and make JM look taller??

Yeah, he'd do a good job with Steed, but it's just a relatively small part (so far!)

Very good point!

Although Orlando Bloom is 5'11" and Legolas was supposed to be bizarrely, lithely tall.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline eccence

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 15, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
By the way, does anyone know how recent the WOJ was when he said Alexis Denisof for Harry? Because now, I'm curious to know what changed between 2007, and whenever Jim pinged on Denisof?

Alexis isn't rakish enough (said in a whiny voice).  Nor is he handsome enough.  He just seems blah. C'mon, Paul Blackstone looks perfect as Harry! Does no one agree???

Offline eccence

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 15, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »

Hey hey hey, what about Jonathan Rhys Meyers for Harry??? He's tall enough. Runner's build. Gorg as all get out ... well maybe too gorgeous, but I love him!

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1916 on: September 15, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
Alexis isn't rakish enough (said in a whiny voice).  Nor is he handsome enough.  He just seems blah. C'mon, Paul Blackstone looks perfect as Harry! Does no one agree???

I do, but there are others who could do Harry too, and look a little better as him. xD
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 15, 2010, 02:13:49 PM »

He said it in October 2007 at PhauxCon.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1918 on: September 15, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »

Hey hey hey, what about Jonathan Rhys Meyers for Harry??? He's tall enough. Runner's build. Gorg as all get out ... well maybe too gorgeous, but I love him!

Hey, don't look at me. The minute y'all started talking about James Marsters, you brought up my love for him again. My butt is firmly planted in the James for Harry base camp now.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1919 on: September 15, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
He said it in October 2007 at PhauxCon.

Ahh, thank you Shecky. Is he still holding to that? It was three years ago, and a lot can change in three years.

In Butcher We Trust.