Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127070 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1890 on: September 14, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
I like him as harry and before i started reading this thread me and my friends were trying to decide who would be who with ryan as harry, travolta as marcone, and Michal West as butters
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 14, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »
Hat.  Love you.  Love your temple and all.  But... *what*?!  He's too but to play Harry? :D

Lol - I always wonder if people know who my user name refers to. (I'm a major Egyptian history buff.  ;)) Yes, I'm afraid, for once, being buff works to his disadvantage. Harry, although he gets fitter later on, is still built like a runner. If he had a body like Ryan Reynolds I don't imagine he'd have cause to envy Michael or Thomas.  ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1892 on: September 14, 2010, 11:26:59 PM »
Lol - I always wonder if people know who my user name refers to. (I'm a major Egyptian history buff.  ;)) Yes, I'm afraid, for once, being buff works to his disadvantage. Harry, although he gets fitter later on, is still built like a runner. If he had a body like Ryan Reynolds I don't imagine he'd have cause to envy Michael or Thomas.  ;)

This is very true! He might have a six pack, but it would be a very undefined six pack :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 14, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
Oh, BUILT.  I couldn't decide if you were going for "butt ugly" or what.

Ryan Reynolds only has that physique when he works hard for it.  Between movies, he de-buffs quite nicely into a gangly sort of guy that's all arms and legs.  He's said in several interviews that he really hates the hours and hours of gym time it takes to keep the bod, but the female attention doesn't suck and I can only imagine ScarJo digs it.  I can't imagine he'd be at all loathe to let it go into "abs of cardboard".
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:56 PM »
Oh, BUILT.  I couldn't decide if you were going for "butt ugly" or what.

Ryan Reynolds only has that physique when he works hard for it.  Between movies, he de-buffs quite nicely into a gangly sort of guy that's all arms and legs.  He's said in several interviews that he really hates the hours and hours of gym time it takes to keep the bod, but the female attention doesn't suck and I can only imagine ScarJo digs it.  I can't imagine he'd be at all loathe to let it go into "abs of cardboard".

Oops...did I mistype that? My bad! Ryan Reynolds is hot and I could never say something bad about him like that. No wonder you were confused!

I didn't know he hates to work out. Interesting... I'll try to find pics of him in between "abs" periods and see what I think then.  :)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1895 on: September 15, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
How is Nathan Fillion winning i like him but do you guys hate harry as much as butcher does. the profile doesn't fit.

Hee.  Hee.  Heeeeeeee.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1896 on: September 15, 2010, 01:29:06 AM »
lol, I'm still stuck with Michael Weatherly as Harry in my head. I need to stop watching NCIS and look for other shows with harry-ish people. xD
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 15, 2010, 01:47:55 AM »
How is Nathan Fillion winning i like him but do you guys hate harry as much as butcher does. the profile doesn't fit.

I'm sorry, I left my codebook back at the clubhouse. Could you translate in the clear?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 15, 2010, 01:55:11 AM »
How is Nathan Fillion winning?

I like him but he just doesn't fit the part, plus he is kinda chunky for Dresden.

Do you guys hate him by Casting Nathan so it fails.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1899 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:07 AM »
How is Nathan Fillion winning?

I like him but he just doesn't fit the part, plus he is kinda chunky for Dresden.

Do you guys hate him by Casting Nathan so it fails.

it's an old poll - we have other better candidates for harry now. :D
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1900 on: September 15, 2010, 02:06:17 AM »
it's an old poll - we have other better candidates for harry now. :D

So many more that we still can't decide, lol.

(Update on that SpoilerTV poll I whined about earlier. Spike is now winning, but the poll is still open for another, say, 10 hours. I think. This is going to be massive. Vote for him anyway, lol. :) http://bit.ly/99C0V9)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 15, 2010, 02:23:39 AM »
I love James Marsters.
That aside, he is a bit short to play Harry and part of Harry's character is his height.
as the cop says in White Knight "How many NBA sized gay white guys with dogs have you seen around here."  or some such thing.

Interesting to know that JB wanted Marsters for Harry. 
If not Harry, how about Marsters for Chandler/Steed?  He dresses up REAL NICE.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1902 on: September 15, 2010, 02:27:01 AM »
I love James Marsters.
That aside, he is a bit short to play Harry and part of Harry's character is his height.
as the cop says in White Knight "How many NBA sized gay white guys with dogs have you seen around here."  or some such thing.

Interesting to know that JB wanted Marsters for Harry.  
If not Harry, how about Marsters for Chandler/Steed?  He dresses up REAL NICE.

To hear Marsters with a British accent again? Excuse me.

*wipes up drool from face*

That's better.

I'd go for it, but I dunno if others would. Despite LOOKING like he's still in his twenties, James isn't :) Still adore him, though!

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 15, 2010, 02:30:05 AM »
To hear Marsters with a British accent again? Excuse me.

*wipes up drool from face*

That's better.

I'd go for it, but I dunno if others would. Despite LOOKING like he's still in his twenties, James isn't :) Still adore him, though!

Age can be minimized with lighting and make-up and somethings ya just gotta roll with. ;D

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1904 on: September 15, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »
Age can be minimized with lighting and make-up and somethings ya just gotta roll with. ;D

Dude, I don't care, so long as those gorgeous baby blues and those sharp-as-knives cheekbones come out in the best light :D

In Butcher We Trust.