Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127266 times)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1875 on: September 14, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »
Speaking of ruining the part look what they did with bond, a blond bond, completely turned me off to the series.

I agree his hair is a little too light but it is only dirty blond to light brown and not anywhere near "Spike blond" so I can forgive that for the most part.  ;) (Anyone else notices how I've now mentioned Spike or James Marsters at least 3 times on my limited number of posts today? I'm not trying to...he just keeps poping into my head. I must be in the mood for hi..ahem, I mean the show he was on.)  ;D
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 14, 2010, 08:36:24 PM »
Ryan renolds impressed me in Wolverine Origins so i like him as harry
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 14, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »

He is beautiful!  Perfect casting in my eyes!

No kidding...that picture is awesome! He should be Harry for sure - brown hair, good looking but unique enough not to be too "Hollywooded up," and does snarky to a T.  ;) My vote has officially changed now.

P.S. Ryan Reynolds is gorgeous but he's too but to play Harry.  ;)

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1878 on: September 14, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »
So give him some lifts.  We have our Harry.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1879 on: September 14, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »
So give him some lifts.  We have our Harry.

Yay :)

I'm sure anyone who's watched the show knows that Master Jim originally asked James to portray Harry. James said no, because filming would take him away from his kids (his son, who was barely eleven at the time of the show's premiere, and his niece.) Come on. Say 'aww.' You know you want to. He's a family man. With that background alone, it would make him perfect for Harry, particularly around the time of Changes.

Not to mention, he's damn hot, and looks like he's still in his mid-twenties (James was born in 1962.)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline eccence

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 14, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »
MY OP:

Zach - not tall enuff; evil looking - or maybe I can't get his Hero's character out of my head
Lee - um, Lee who??? too young; too innocent looking
Paul - too blond, but maybe. can't picture him with dark hair
Tim - eh, too cute
Nathan - maybe ...
Joe - def possibility
Chris - heck no! too damn cute. Now he could be Thomas!
Neil - Really??? Seriously?  in what universe??
Jared - too pretty and too young

If I had to vote for anyone it would be Joe. I still say Paul Blackthorne is great!

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1881 on: September 14, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
What about Clive?
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1882 on: September 14, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »

Jared - too pretty and too young

Jared's too pretty? Clearly you've never seen him on a candy binge, nor his chipmunk impression when he's drinking Dr. Pepper.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:49 PM »
Ryan is funny looks the part and he can kill all as the merc with a mouth
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 14, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
Yay :)

I'm sure anyone who's watched the show knows that Master Jim originally asked James to portray Harry. James said no, because filming would take him away from his kids (his son, who was barely eleven at the time of the show's premiere, and his niece.) Come on. Say 'aww.' You know you want to. He's a family man. With that background alone, it would make him perfect for Harry, particularly around the time of Changes.

Not to mention, he's damn hot, and looks like he's still in his mid-twenties (James was born in 1962.)

Born in 1962??? No way...really? I knew he was older than he looked but I can't believe he's actually 48. I guess as a 17 year old I shouldn't still find him hot but I can't help myself. And a family man, too. I'll say just go ahead and say it - awwww...  :D

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1885 on: September 14, 2010, 10:54:01 PM »
Born in 1962??? No way...really? I knew he was older than he looked but I can't believe he's actually 48. I guess as a 17 year old I shouldn't still find him hot but I can't help myself. And a family man, too. I'll say just go ahead and say it - awwww...  :D

Dude, I started watching Buffy at age 14 (that was in 1999 for anyone counting). Buffy was in its third season, and my very first episode ever watched was Lovers' Walk, the season three episode where Spike came back to Sunnydale head over tails drunk off his gourd and blaming his break up on Buffy and Angel (who, by the way, I hated on sight, before I'd ever even seen him in Season 2. Boreanaz is hot, but his wishy-washy "Oh, I can't, Oh, it's wrong, Oh, I have to suffer to be happy and drag the girl I love down with me before fucking her up beyond all recognition" spiel pissed me off).

James was 37 years old when he filmed that episode, and despite being fourteen and very aware of the inherent RL ick-factor, I had absolutely NO qualms in having a crush on the man :) Those eyes, and those cheekbones alone... guh. And when I found out that he was a family man (which, admittedly, wasn't until Buffy was well off the air, and I got desperate looking for more info on him)? Oh. That sealed the deal :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »
Dude, I started watching Buffy at age 14 (that was in 1999 for anyone counting). Buffy was in its third season, and my very first episode ever watched was Lovers' Walk, the season three episode where Spike came back to Sunnydale head over tails drunk off his gourd and blaming his break up on Buffy and Angel (who, by the way, I hated on sight, before I'd ever even seen him in Season 2. Boreanaz is hot, but his wishy-washy "Oh, I can't, Oh, it's wrong, Oh, I have to suffer to be happy and drag the girl I love down with me before fucking her up beyond all recognition" spiel pissed me off).

James was 37 years old when he filmed that episode, and despite being fourteen and very aware of the inherent RL ick-factor, I had absolutely NO qualms in having a crush on the man :) Those eyes, and those cheekbones alone... guh. And when I found out that he was a family man (which, admittedly, wasn't until Buffy was well off the air, and I got desperate looking for more info on him)? Oh. That sealed the deal :)

No kidding - who knew a guy's cheekbones could be so sexy?  ;D

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1887 on: September 14, 2010, 11:11:08 PM »
Speaking of James (and Spike) he is currently LOSING in a freaking poll to John Locke from LOST. This is completely unacceptable. Spike is a multidimensional character. I've never seen more than one episode of LOST, but I refuse to believe the Locke is better than Spike. If you can, please vote for Spike? (And if you don't like Spike, vote for him anyway, esp. if you don't like LOST, lol.) 2010 Character Competition - Day 7.Round 1.7

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 14, 2010, 11:15:26 PM »
How is Nathan Fillion winning i like him but do you guys hate harry as much as butcher does. the profile doesn't fit.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 14, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »

P.S. Ryan Reynolds is gorgeous but he's too but to play Harry.  ;)

Hat.  Love you.  Love your temple and all.  But... *what*?!  He's too but to play Harry? :D
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com