Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126883 times)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1710 on: September 02, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »
Oh, and he's another pic that shows a little bit more of that Thomas attitude.

http://www.tapeciarnia.pl/36044_filmy_lost_ian_somerhalder_kurtka_niebo.html
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 02, 2010, 01:10:32 AM »
Actually, I've only seen a couple of episodes of White Collar.  Most of my exposure to him was in Chuck and Tru Calling.  ;)  I ... er... I think I'll give Texas Chainsaw Massacre a skip, though.  Eeeuugh..
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 02, 2010, 01:22:48 AM »
Actually, I've only seen a couple of episodes of White Collar.  Most of my exposure to him was in Chuck and Tru Calling.  ;)  I ... er... I think I'll give Texas Chainsaw Massacre a skip, though.  Eeeuugh..

Lol! I haven't actually seen that one, either...but I know the type of part he plays and I know its different from his other roles so I figured it might help convince people to stop type-casting him as the pretty-boy he plays in "Whitecollar." (I don't care much for gory-for-the-sake-of-gory movies either...I watched "30 Days Of Night" the other day and at the end I was like "now what was the point again?") What was your opinion of Bomer based on his "Tru Calling" and "Chuck" roles? (For my part, I first fell in love with him as Bryce in "Chuck" - a much cooler role, in my opinion, than his character in "Whitecollar.")  ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline MAW

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 02, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »
Based on Talent, Size, and general appearence, I have 2 nominees to back.
For Thomas - Matt Keeslar.  He's played the good-guy (Middleman!), and the evil bastard (Dollhouse) excellantly and looks about right to me.
For Murphy - Kristen Chenowyth.  About the right size coloring and shape, and unmistakable acting chops.
"Also, I can kill you with my brain."  -- River Tam; Firefly.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #1714 on: September 02, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
For Thomas - Matt Keeslar.  He's played the good-guy (Middleman!), and the evil bastard (Dollhouse) excellantly and looks about right to me.
For Murphy - Kristen Chenowyth.  About the right size coloring and shape, and unmistakable acting chops.
Kristen Chenowyth is awesome, and she looks the part, and could probably play it, but I think her voice would be too high, and she would come off as too happy/perky/bubbly.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 02, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »

I think she could do it. The real problem is our concept of her as not serious. She was serious on West Wing and for 3 minutes on Glee, it's just she is so good as the cheerleader type.
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 02, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »
It's the voice.  I can't stand her voice.  There's something... high-pitched, nasally, grating, *something* that is like fingernails on a chalkboard.  I can't watch anything with her in it.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »
True, and yet she did an amazing job on Broadway in Wicked, I think. The woman can SING!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 02, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »
She can belt, that's for dang sure.  Teeny-weeny woman, huge voice.  It's like you want to check her over for loudspeakers ("Sorry, Ms. Chenoweth... here's your bra back.")  The first time she was on Glee, I had trouble making it through her numbers.  But when she was on the second time, her version of "One Less Bell to Answer" didn't grate for some reason.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:58 PM »
I like Kristen Chenowyth, but I don't think she could pull off "tough cop" very well.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 02, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
All the more Murphy-ish, though. Don't forget, Murphy's "cute" and has had to work really hard to get guys to think of her as more than a muffin.
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #1721 on: September 02, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
Lol! I haven't actually seen that one, either...but I know the type of part he plays and I know its different from his other roles so I figured it might help convince people to stop type-casting him as the pretty-boy he plays in "Whitecollar." (I don't care much for gory-for-the-sake-of-gory movies either...I watched "30 Days Of Night" the other day and at the end I was like "now what was the point again?") What was your opinion of Bomer based on his "Tru Calling" and "Chuck" roles? (For my part, I first fell in love with him as Bryce in "Chuck" - a much cooler role, in my opinion, than his character in "Whitecollar.")  ;)

I first saw Bomer as Bryce briefly and then got into WC. I think the Bryce part would help him play Thomas. He was a very Thomas-esque character I think. Very unpredictable, mysterious... kind of dangerous but still snarky. I think Matt can pull of Thomas. I see him as Thomas now. It's weird to read a book for the first time (Changes) and as soon as Thomas walks into the scene you see Matt Bomer automatically and I wasn't even thinking about it. It just happened and I started to smile so big I had to stop reading cause I was getting all excited about my subconscious casting him. It was just so vivid in my mind. He fits. He has the style. :D

I won't stop cheering for him to be Thomas.

Look at his beautiful handsome face and try to turn your eyes! TRY IT! ;) (honestly if that pic was my wallpaper on the PC, I wouldn't turn away. *giggles*)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1722 on: September 03, 2010, 05:51:54 AM »
I first saw Bomer as Bryce briefly and then got into WC. I think the Bryce part would help him play Thomas. He was a very Thomas-esque character I think. Very unpredictable, mysterious... kind of dangerous but still snarky. I think Matt can pull of Thomas. I see him as Thomas now. It's weird to read a book for the first time (Changes) and as soon as Thomas walks into the scene you see Matt Bomer automatically and I wasn't even thinking about it. It just happened and I started to smile so big I had to stop reading cause I was getting all excited about my subconscious casting him. It was just so vivid in my mind. He fits. He has the style. :D

I won't stop cheering for him to be Thomas.

Look at his beautiful handsome face and try to turn your eyes! TRY IT! ;) (honestly if that pic was my wallpaper on the PC, I wouldn't turn away. *giggles*)

Seriously, I went brain dead just enough that I started looking for the "RETWEET" link on this before I snapped out of it and remembered that I wasn't on TweetDeck.

At the very least, even if Bomer doesn't get a unanimous AYE as Thomas, we can all agree that he's very pretty and very distracting :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline dwilson1282

• Conversationalist
  • Bo-effin-yah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 03, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »
I would agree with you (MIDDLEMAN!!!!!!!!!) but Christen Chenowyth (awesome as hell though she may be) is far too old now. Can you believe she's still a virgin?????
http://risingdragonmma.net/index.htm

As you file to your escape pods
I'll distract the alien hordes
And as I stare death in the face
I know my sins will take me to hell...

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1724 on: September 03, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
That picture's eyes keep following me...
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.