Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126827 times)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1665 on: August 30, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Without looking back through 111 pages, I can't say for sure, but has anyone suggested Emily Rose for Murphy?  She's playing an FBI agent on the new SyFy series, Haven.  And?  She's 5'4" tall.  Not eensy-weensy, but short!

Nice! I had heard her mentioned before but I have to say that picture really does the Murphy-look justice. How is her voice? Murphy's voice shouldn't be too high or too "cheerleader"...even if she is described as having a cheerleader look in the books.  ;) (Speaking of which, that is why Kristen Bell will never be Murph to me. Her look isn't really what I imagined or Murphy either but her voice is really the dealbreaker. Great actress...but so not Murphy to me.)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 30, 2010, 06:46:28 PM »
Now if we are suspending realistic possibilities and going with any age, any time, any place, then sure I agree with Denisof.

I guess someone should've informed the newbies of that; it's been understood as part of "perfect" since the origin of the thread.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 30, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
Nice! I had heard her mentioned before but I have to say that picture really does the Murphy-look justice. How is her voice? Murphy's voice shouldn't be too high or too "cheerleader"...even if she is described as having a cheerleader look in the books.  ;) (Speaking of which, that is why Kristen Bell will never be Murph to me. Her look isn't really what I imagined or Murphy either but her voice is really the dealbreaker. Great actress...but so not Murphy to me.)

I like her voice.  It's not squeaky or nasally, like Kristen Bell's can be.  Just starting to get a little bit of raspiness to it.  Plus, look how cute she is!  Lookit the big huge gun at her teeny-tiny hip!  Awww!

We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 30, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
I guess someone should've informed the newbies of that; it's been understood as part of "perfect" since the origin of the thread.

No, i get that, but as I told someone here before, the fact that it couldn't happen for real makes it a little imperfect.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:06:07 PM by Red Sea Duck »

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 30, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »
I like her voice.  It's not squeaky or nasally, like Kristen Bell's can be.  Just starting to get a little bit of raspiness to it.  Plus, look how cute she is!  Lookit the big huge gun at her teeny-tiny hip!  Awww!

Great!!! Murph's voice should definately lean towards low instead of high. And she is indeed an adoreable Murphy!  ;)
What do you think, Jaeh? I forget if you had anyone in mind for Murphy but we do tend to picture the characters similarly. Does she do it for you?

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 30, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
No, i get that, but as I told someone here before, the fact that it couldn't happen for real makes it a little imperfect.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Perfection ≠ reality, that's the bullet point I'm hoping we'll all bring home from this afternoon's seminar. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1671 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »
Great!!! Murph's voice should definately lean towards low instead of high. And she is indeed an adoreable Murphy!  ;)
What do you think, Jaeh? I forget if you had anyone in mind for Murphy but we do tend to picture the characters similarly. Does she do it for you?

I watched some promos of Haven on youtube. She definitely looks the part, but I'm not sure if she sounds the part. The guy she's with, though, he kinda screams harry for me naw. O.O tall and lanky. bahahaha.

and thanks. :D I didn't have anyone in mind for murphy, though. I thought she was the hardest to cast.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »
I watched some promos of Haven on youtube. She definitely looks the part, but I'm not sure if she sounds the part. The guy she's with, though, he kinda screams harry for me naw. O.O tall and lanky. bahahaha.

and thanks. :D I didn't have anyone in mind for murphy, though. I thought she was the hardest to cast.

I should have thought to do that. I'll look her up soon and see what she's like in motion. And I've seen pictures of the guy and he really does look like JB's discription of Harry. I'll keep both of them in mind when I watch the clips. I agree she is the hardest to cast...the extremes and contradictions in her character, both personality- and appearance-wise, make it really difficult to find just the right combination of traits.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 31, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »
The guy is definitely lanky, but he doesn't look that tall.  He doesn't tower over the girl, certainly.  And he kinda... fades into the woodwork.  I've only seen a couple of episodes on Hulu, but he's not buttering my biscuit, so to speak.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline NewAltair

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 31, 2010, 08:35:06 AM »
Saw a thread like this for CA but couldn't find one for DF so i'm starting one. :-)
So for that movie theatre that is your brain who do you envision playing which characters? And feel free to add characters i haven't mentioned yet. (there's so many to choose from in DF) Also no need to be bound by you know, reality. You can add the young version of someone who is now old and vice versa for example.

Harry Dresden- Adam Levine, from Maroon 5 > Same as the reason for Mab
Mab- Anne Vyalitsyna > Watch the official music vid for "Misery" by Maroon 5 and you'll know why ;-)
Murphy- Scarlet Johansen
Thomas- Chris Evans
Lord Raith- A younger Martin Sheen
Lara Raith- Sasha Grey (what?!? it fits perfectly)
Kincaid- Jason Statham
Lash- Leslie Bibb
Billy- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Nicodemus- Michael C. Hall
Butters- Colin Hanks
Michael Carpenter- Maybe a slightly older Chris Egan ( i just loved him as David in "Kings")
Bob's voice- Robert Downey Jr :-D
Marcone- Joshua Jackson (Not the wimpy dawson's creek version the BA Fringe version, at least in terms of demeanor)
 Well that's all that comes to mind for now. Have fun with this, don't take it too seriously lol

Offline NewAltair

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 31, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »
Harry Dresden- Adam Levine, from Maroon 5 > Same as the reason for Mab
Mab- Anne Vyalitsyna > Watch the official music vid for "Misery" by Maroon 5 and you'll know why ;-)
Murphy- Scarlet Johansen
Thomas- Chris Evans
Lord Raith- A younger Martin Sheen
Lara Raith- Sasha Grey (what?!? it fits perfectly)
Kincaid- Jason Statham
Lash- Leslie Bibb
Billy- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Nicodemus- Michael C. Hall
Butters- Colin Hanks
Michael Carpenter- Maybe a slightly older Chris Egan ( i just loved him as David in "Kings")
Molly- Mary Elizabeth Winstead i.e. Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim v World
Marcone- Joshua Jackson (Not the wimpy dawson's creek version the BA Fringe version, at least in terms of demeanor)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:59:54 AM by NewAltair »

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1676 on: August 31, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »

YES! xD

Young Luke Perry when he was younger?
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1677 on: August 31, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »
Here's something new.

For Michael...

what about Meat Loaf?
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 31, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »
Yessss!!!!!!

And he could sing too!!!

"I would do anything for love...but I won't do that....no....noooo.....no I won't do that"

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 31, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
I'm afraid I'm totally not seeing Scarlett Johanson as Murphy...she's way too glammy (and tall) and honestly I don't care much for her acting, either. She's pretty for sure and I thought she did a decent job in "The Prestige" with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale but she just isn't Murphy to me.

I agree 100 percent with Robert Downey, Jr. as the voice of Bob!!! His delivery of comedic lines is spot on! Plus he's probably one of my favorite actors and Bob has to be one of the funniest characters ever written. A match made in heaven (or somewhere in the spirit world, anyway.) ;)