Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126912 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1605 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
You found me out - I've ALWAYS visualized Eb as Uncle Jesse with a staff and robe. Seriously. Drop the cap and that's the spittin' image.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 23, 2010, 01:18:14 PM »
Yep, me too. :D  Ah Uncle Jesse... I always wanted an uncle like you.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 23, 2010, 01:18:52 PM »
Kris Kristofferson for Eb is a decent choice, I like this actor, but I picture Eb shorter and stalkier than Kristofferson, I only remember him in Blade as Whistler.

In my mind Eb looks like this.

Yes, Colonel Sanders. Though I realize Missourian is a bit different than Kentuckian.

Or he looks like Wilford Brimley,

Who is too old now.

My personal choice is Rip Torn.

*I have to right-click > show picture on this for some reason (Internet explorer)

Another suggestion awhile back was Tommy Lee Jones, at first I was no way, but then I saw this.

Robert Duvall is a good one too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:21:26 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »
Robert Duvall's definitely got the chops for the role.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 23, 2010, 02:05:15 PM »
Robert Duvall's definitely got the chops for the role.

He is a great actor, which is why I was more dissappointed in The Road.

I didn't even know he was in it, I watched it because I like Viggo, but I also dislike C Theron.
Anyway Duvall was a suprise to me when I saw him in the movie, but by the end of the movie I was like really?!? that's it?

The whole movie was super slow and boring to me.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1610 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:45 PM »
Actually, you know what? Uncle Jesse is the reason that I'm so set on having Jim Beaver for the role. They look a bit alike, don't they?

Only difference is, Jim wears more plaid when he plays Bobby Singer than overalls, and his hair's still got color in it ;D LOL. I love my rednecks.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline godlessgoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 23, 2010, 03:59:50 PM »
Actually, you know what? Uncle Jesse is the reason that I'm so set on having Jim Beaver for the role. They look a bit alike, don't they?

Only difference is, Jim wears more plaid when he plays Bobby Singer than overalls, and his hair's still got color in it ;D LOL. I love my rednecks.

Jim is very cool :)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1612 on: August 23, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »
Jim is very cool :)

No kidding! I love Jensen, Jared, Misha and everyone from Supernatural, but I think if I ever met them, I'd make a beeline for Jim and just give him a big hug, lol.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline LordDresden

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Awwww! I grew up with that show, too! It was literally a family affair -- my great uncle actually lived in the real Hazzard County for the longest time, and my dad and my brother started watching the show out of reverence to that fact. When I was old enough, I watched it with them, too :) Uncle Jesse was my favorite character. Such a shame that Denver Pyle is gone now :(

And as much as I like Willie Nelson, I wouldn't recommend him as the Jesse/Ebenezar hybrid.

No kidding!  Nothing against Willie Nelson, I like his music, but him as Uncle Jesse?  That's Just Wrong.  Harry, Molly, and Charity in a threesome behind Michael's back Wrong.  The kind of Wrong that can have cosmic repercussions. :P

But the whole movie was like that.  To be fair, the characters are so tightly linked to the original actors that nobody else could ever really be accepted in them for the old fan base.  Nobody can ever be Boss Hogg but Sorell Booke.  But Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke?!!  A blonde Daisy Duke?!!!  And the people who made the movie didn't really respect or really 'get' the source material, either, IMHO.  (The Charlie's Angels movies had the exact same problem.)

Offline dwilson1282

• Conversationalist
  • Bo-effin-yah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 23, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
What about Jeff Daniels for McCoy? top knotch actor, looks old but solid and energetic (when he's not the Dude), can definately pull off the dark taint thing, and the bald head.
Although if Jeff Daniels did star as McCoy, the person playing Harry would have to be a top tier tallent- there's no good to come from supporting actors outshining the star.
Thoughts?
http://risingdragonmma.net/index.htm

As you file to your escape pods
I'll distract the alien hordes
And as I stare death in the face
I know my sins will take me to hell...

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
What about Jeff Daniels for McCoy? top knotch actor, looks old but solid and energetic (when he's not the Dude), can definately pull off the dark taint thing, and the bald head.
Although if Jeff Daniels did star as McCoy, the person playing Harry would have to be a top tier tallent- there's no good to come from supporting actors outshining the star.
Thoughts?

jeff BRIDGES was the Dude in the Big Lebowski, jeff DANIELS was either Dumb or Dumber with Jim Carrey. Who do you mean?
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 25, 2010, 01:20:19 AM »
Bridges - had a duh moment....

Offline DrkHoax

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 26, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »
I would agree with Bobby from Supernatural for Eb.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1618 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
Harry, Molly, and Charity in a threesome behind Michael's back Wrong.

yikes! there's an image I didn't want! lmao

But the whole movie was like that.  To be fair, the characters are so tightly linked to the original actors that nobody else could ever really be accepted in them for the old fan base.  Nobody can ever be Boss Hogg but Sorell Booke.  But Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke?!!  A blonde Daisy Duke?!!!  And the people who made the movie didn't really respect or really 'get' the source material, either, IMHO.  (The Charlie's Angels movies had the exact same problem.)

The only good that came out of that movie was 1) the knowledge that Johnny Knox from Jackass can, in fact, do something other than stapling his butt cheeks together and in loose terms, it CAN be called acting and 2) the introduction of the amazing James Roday into my life. I have been hooked on Psych since the show first aired -- never even occurred to me that James was in that movie until I looked him up :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Tribblechomper

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Photoshoplifter Dan
« Reply #1619 on: August 26, 2010, 04:04:16 PM »

In my mind Eb looks like this.

Yes, Colonel Sanders. Though I realize Missourian is a bit different than Kentuckian.

Alas, Col. Sanders is no more...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UPDATE: Had the surgery on Monday...can't go back to work for at LEAST 2 weeks
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:06:29 PM by Tribblechomper »
November 15, 2008-A day that will live in infamy...let's hope I'm not in the hospital THIS birthday!!!
Ah done an' went an' gots me a WEBSITE, y'all!!!
www.photoshoplifterdan.com