Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127211 times)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1485 on: August 17, 2010, 02:01:44 AM »
well, okay, maybe not that much. But the whole episode just screamed harry to me. especially the part when he gets tortured and still has the audacity to do snarky banter with the bad guy.

Well, I certainly won't argue that sounding an aweful lot like Harry.  He does kind of do that sort of thing alot. ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1486 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:38 AM »
Well, I certainly won't argue that sounding an aweful lot like Harry.  He does kind of do that sort of thing alot. ;)

oh, and he was under truth serum too. I personally think Weatherly can do the whole thing with the stare.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 17, 2010, 02:27:42 AM »
oh, and he was under truth serum too. I personally think Weatherly can do the whole thing with the stare.

Oh, I am totally looking that up! I'll let you know what I think.

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1488 on: August 17, 2010, 02:31:29 AM »
Oh, I am totally looking that up! I'll let you know what I think.

yes.

Mark Harmon for Marcone too, btw. :D
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 17, 2010, 02:49:56 AM »
yes.

Mark Harmon for Marcone too, btw. :D

Okay, I'll keep that in mind when I look it up.  ;)

Offline LordDresden

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 17, 2010, 04:58:41 AM »
In a previous thread about who we would cast as various characters in the DF, I suggested that Thomas Raith, to me, is Jason Dohring, who played a more traditional kind of vampire on the TV series Moonlight.  To me, this is Thomas Raith:

But though I find the casting of Lara far more interesting (for obvious reasons) I never could find someone who fit my mental image well, until it suddenly hit me today that the pop singer Katie Perry gets pretty darned close:

The thing is that to me, Lara should combine blatantly sexy with subtle and sweet.  I have do doubt whatsover that anytime she feels the impulse, Lara can suddenly make herself seem so sweet and innocent that she'd make Bambi look like Jason Vorhees in comparison.  And Katie Perry has a knack for projecting the same playfulness that I suspect Lara exudes amid her supernatural sex appeal.

Of course the playful sweetness is a lie...but at the same time it's probably an effective lie precisely because it was once real, and maybe a tiny hint of it remains real somewhere deep down inside in that same place where the remnants of her conscience might just still live.

But when I picture Lara, Katie Perry is who plays her in my mind.

Offline za_lord

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 17, 2010, 07:50:44 AM »
admit it...you just want to see her in lingerie toting a pistol lol

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1492 on: August 17, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
so I'm watching White Collar. omg. O.o wow. I had no doubts about Matt Bomer being Thomas, but this... wow. just...

he's perfect.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 17, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »

Truth Serum is a load of crap, it doesn't really work, it's like getting someone liquored up to get them to tell you the truth.

The reason I know is because I have had the common version which is Sodium Pentothal and it just made me high, but I could still easily lie.

It's also what the use to knock death row inmates out before giving them Potassium Chloride to stop their heart.

And it is used in surgery as well.

It drops inhibitions but it doesn't make you tell the truth, but unfortunately it has become a movie and tv cliche that they can't seem to get rid of.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:32:38 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1494 on: August 17, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »
Truth Serum is a load of crap, it doesn't really work, it's like getting someone liquored up to get them to tell you the truth.

The reason I know is because I have had the common version which is Sodium Pentothal.

It's also what the use to knock death row inmates out before giving them Potassium Chloride to stop their heart.

And it is used in surgery as well.

It drops inhibitions but it doesn't make you tell the truth, but unfortunately it has become a movie and tv cliche that they can't seem to get rid of.

it wasn't really shown as a truth-truth serum. Dinozzo was buying time. But that's how I want to believe it, lol, and that's how I saw it. :D

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 17, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
Truth serum is just one of those pet peeves I have because it's so bogus the way they portray it. It loosens a person up to where they might let the truth slip but it doesn't make them tell the truth.

Offline Analise

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »

I'm still stuck on James Franco for Thomas. He is, pretty much, what Thomas looks like in my head.

I have no idea who'd be Lara though I'd think it would be a little more vampy/sultry than Katie Perry. More on the Dita von Teese end of the spectrum, I imagine.

A friend of mine has someone really good for Justine, but the name is not coming to mind. Agh. Will edit later when I remember who it is.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1497 on: August 17, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,15623.0.html

thread on casting, guys. >.<

and Matt Bomer for Thomas, lol.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1498 on: August 17, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »
so I'm watching White Collar. omg. O.o wow. I had no doubts about Matt Bomer being Thomas, but this... wow. just...

he's perfect.

THIS
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 17, 2010, 07:17:27 PM »
James Franco is very cute, but not pale enough for the White Court, imo.

I ADORE Jason Doehring, but I'm not sure Thomas is right for him. Although they call it acting for a reason. I think we lock actors into roles WE think they do best, without giving them room to stretch. Jason is pale enough, the hair would need changing. And I'm not sure how tall he is.
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!