Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126808 times)

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1470 on: August 15, 2010, 05:47:30 AM »
Just watch a few Supernatural episodes and you should be cured in no time.  ;)

I dunno. Jared doesn't scream harry to me in supernatural, sorry.

DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 15, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
I don't see Jared as Harry either, and I've watched pretty much every Supernatural episode.  :(

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 16, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
I don't see Jared as Harry either, and I've watched pretty much every Supernatural episode.  :(

Thirded. I love Supernatural. I think Jared fits the physical description and age perfectly, I just don't think Padalecki can pull off the snarky Harry Dresden persona.

And though I agree with Denisof (in theory) he is too old now to actually play Harry.

Hugh Jackman might make a good Michael...though I like Viggo Mortensen or Sean Bean more.

Eric Roberts as Marcone would work, though I feel like Eric Roberts would be really cliche considering he has played that same type of character many times. I kind of think Bruce Greenwood would make an ok Marcone, though I think there is probably a better choice. Robert Knepper who I suggested for Nicodemus could probably pull of Marcone too.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1473 on: August 16, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
I can see Sean Bean as Michael.

mmmm. Michael Weatherly as Harry, anyone?
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]

Offline dwilson1282

• Conversationalist
  • Bo-effin-yah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
who?
http://risingdragonmma.net/index.htm

As you file to your escape pods
I'll distract the alien hordes
And as I stare death in the face
I know my sins will take me to hell...

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 16, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
who?

Isn't Michael Weatherly 'Tony' on NCIS?
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1476 on: August 16, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »
Thirded. I love Supernatural. I think Jared fits the physical description and age perfectly, I just don't think Padalecki can pull off the snarky Harry Dresden persona.

You'll never know if you knock him down without finding out. Give him a chance to broaden his acting spectrum a little. He's gonna surprise all of you in the upcoming 6th season of SPN, I guarantee it.

And though I agree with Denisof (in theory) he is too old now to actually play Harry.

I love Denisof as well, though I believe I agree with you in that he's kind of passed the mark of when playing Harry would have sky-rocketed him. Maybe had they come to him with the idea of a Dresden movie just after finishing Angel, it might have made more sense. If all else fails, Alexis can play Malcolm Dresden in Harry's flashbacks.

Hugh Jackman might make a good Michael...though I like Viggo Mortensen or Sean Bean more.

I pick Viggo as Michael. I adore Hugh Jackman, and I love, love, love Sean Bean, but I think Viggo hits the nail on the head as far as the character f Michael goes. It is something in Viggo's voice that cements the foundation of Michael, the idea that one man can be so utterly good, so utterly encompassing of every characteristic of a man devoted to his family and his work and his faith that just defines what Michael can be. Go read Aragorn's speeches from the Lord of The Rings and TRY and tell me that some of that doesn't sound like Michael (particularly the speech that Aragorn gives as the Rohirrim and the men of Gondor prepare to attack the Black Gates of Mordor).

Eric Roberts as Marcone would work, though I feel like Eric Roberts would be really cliche considering he has played that same type of character many times. I kind of think Bruce Greenwood would make an ok Marcone, though I think there is probably a better choice. Robert Knepper who I suggested for Nicodemus could probably pull of Marcone too.

I'm still all for Ray Wise as Marcone, but if you're looking for someone a little younger, why not Bruce Campbell? (and yes, it was your suggestion of Bruce Greenwood -- and the name Bruce -- that made me think of that).

Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 16, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »
I dunno. Jared doesn't scream harry to me in supernatural, sorry.

I agree that his role as Sam is nothing like Harry...however, there are moments when you can see Harry in him, he has the right Harry look, and he's got the acting ability to pull it off. Not that everyone has to agree with me - just my opinion.  ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
Bruce Campbell as Harry in an animated forum would be amazing! In this version, the fact that Bruce is old doesn't make a difference.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1479 on: August 16, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »

yep! I think he has snark down well. xD

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1480 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »

Indeed.  And he can pull the serious bit, too, a la "Eyes Only" from Dark Angel
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »
Indeed.  And he can pull the serious bit, too, a la "Eyes Only" from Dark Angel

Maybe. But his still isn't tough guy enough for the trash-talking Harry Desden who can stare down a clan of vampires in nothing but ducky boxers.

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1482 on: August 17, 2010, 01:30:23 AM »
Maybe. But his still isn't tough guy enough for the trash-talking Harry Desden who can stare down a clan of vampires in nothing but ducky boxers.

NCIS Season 7, episode 1.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 17, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »
NCIS Season 7, episode 1.

Its really that decisive? I'm gonna have to look that one up for sure. (And for the record, I do like Michael Weatherly...he just isn't my idea of Harry.)

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1484 on: August 17, 2010, 01:48:10 AM »
Its really that decisive? I'm gonna have to look that one up for sure. (And for the record, I do like Michael Weatherly...he just isn't my idea of Harry.)

well, okay, maybe not that much. But the whole episode just screamed harry to me. especially the part when he gets tortured and still has the audacity to do snarky banter with the bad guy.