Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126889 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1455 on: August 15, 2010, 01:38:37 AM »
I...  I have to go back and state that anyone who is under the impression that HUGH FREAKIN' JACKMAN is lanky is unaware of what "lanky" means.

Lanky means tall, thin, gangly, all knees and elbows.  Hugh Jackman is built like a freaking Mack truck.  He's broad and heavily muscled, even at his leanest.  Lanky is... the guy who plays Carlton Lassiter on Psych.  Or heck, Lou Diamond Phillips until he takes off his shirt and you realize he's all ripped muscle under those narrow clothes.  Ryan Reynolds is the same way, when he's not bulking up for a movie role.  He's tall and his arms seem too long for his body and he kind of lopes along. And yes, Zach Levi is lanky or at least can appear that way.

If you need me, I'll be lying down with a cold cloth over my eyes.

*pats Kali's back* It's okay, dear. It'll be okay.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 15, 2010, 01:44:53 AM »
I have to say, even with as much as I adore Hugh Jackman, he just isn't skinny enough to play Harry. However, seeing how dedicated he was to getting fitter to play in the Wolverine movie I think he would be capable of getting thin enough to play our scruffy hero if he decided to campaign for the role. And as for Zachary Levi, I think he gives off too much of a clean cut nice guy vibe to play the somewhat shaddy and very sarcastic Harry Dresden.
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1457 on: August 15, 2010, 01:49:12 AM »
Jared Padalecki. That is all.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 15, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »
I think if they cast Bomer as Thomas, Thomas' cool factor, while it is already at rampant Volcano levels of eruption, would, in fact, completely sky rocket.

Fellow Thomas fan, I see?  (And of course fellow Bomer fan.) ;) Thomas really is an amazing character - dangerous, noble, tragic, and wickedly funny all at the same time. And romantic, too. Wow, he is awesome, isn't he? ;D

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1459 on: August 15, 2010, 02:02:29 AM »
Fellow Thomas fan, I see?  (And of course fellow Bomer fan.) ;) Thomas really is an amazing character - dangerous, noble, tragic, and wickedly funny all at the same time. And romantic, too. Wow, he is awesome, isn't he? ;D

I will extoll the virtues of Thomas Raith (even though he's occasionally not virtuous) until I run out of air. Hee!

And I am very much a Bomer fan :D

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 15, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
I will extoll the virtues of Thomas Raith (even though he's occasionally not virtuous) until I run out of air. Hee!

And I am very much a Bomer fan :D

"...even though he's occasionally not virtuous" lol! I know what you mean.
(click to show/hide)
I really wanted him to stick to the high road...or at least the kind of high road.
(click to show/hide)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 15, 2010, 02:14:28 AM »
Jared Padalecki. That is all.

I totally agree! I had been trying to keep an open mind and consider other options but why bother...Jared all the way.  ;D If you have any reservations about this just look him up. Doesn't this look like our very own Harry Dresden?

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1462 on: August 15, 2010, 02:35:08 AM »
I totally agree! I had been trying to keep an open mind and consider other options but why bother...Jared all the way.  ;D If you have any reservations about this just look him up. Doesn't this look like our very own Harry Dresden?

I posted this a few days ago, but I posted it as links instead of pictures. :X My bad! Here's the pictures, lol.

SERIOUSLY, guys. This resemblance is ridiculous.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 15, 2010, 02:37:25 AM »
I posted this a few days ago, but I posted it as links instead of pictures. :X My bad! Here's the pictures, lol.

SERIOUSLY, guys. This resemblance is ridiculous.

Thank you!!!!!!! I posted yesterday about the resemblance on that cover but I didn't have a picture on hand to submit as  evidence.  ;)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1464 on: August 15, 2010, 03:11:48 AM »
I just wish I could have gotten a bigger picture of the cover, lol

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1465 on: August 15, 2010, 03:27:48 AM »
I still say Alexis Denisof for Harry. Matt Bomer ALWAYS for Thomas (Chuck Fan. Saw him on it. PERFECT. xD(and Tru Calling too, lol). Michael Weatherly for Harry might work too, or Zachary Levi - i think he can pull it off.

Keanu Reeves for Martin. xD
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 15, 2010, 04:15:20 AM »
I still say Alexis Denisof for Harry. Matt Bomer ALWAYS for Thomas (Chuck Fan. Saw him on it. PERFECT. xD(and Tru Calling too, lol). Michael Weatherly for Harry might work too, or Zachary Levi - i think he can pull it off.

Keanu Reeves for Martin. xD

Hm... Still in favor of Jared playing Harry but Alexis Denisof might have promise. (And you already know my feelings on the awesome Matt Bomer playing the awesome Thomas.) I'm not so sure about Michael Weatherly as Harry, though. I saw him and loved him in the Dark Angel tv series but he's just not badass enough to play Harry. Nor does he have the high cheek bones I always associate with Harry. (I think I do that because high cheek bones make your face look thinner and we all know that's what Harry is supposed to be.) Anyway, just my thoughts on it.  :)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 15, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »
Oh, and Jaeh is right - Kianu Reeves would make a great Martin! No offense to Kianu, who I like...Martin, not so much. (In a like-his-presence-in-the-books-but-totally-understand-what-Harry-doesn't-like-about-him way.) And on the casting Harry note, I actually think Joe Flanigan would be cool for the part in kind of the same way that Chris Evans was cool for Johnny Storm in the FF movies. He's got the right attitude if not the right look. (Although his perpetual bad hair from the Stargate Atlantis series - and come to think of it every other part I've ever seen him in - is very Harry-esque.) Still very pro Jared as Harry but just thought I'd throw that out there.  :)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 15, 2010, 04:38:34 AM »
Sorry, I have to vote against Jared Padaleki.  He played Thomas Kinkaid (the "Painter of Light") in a Hall-mark style movie over Christmas.  Kind of ruined him as a tough guy--or even tough-ish guy for me.  I'll never be able to imagine him without a paintbrush in his hand ever again....Try to see him with a wand---and have the wand morph into a brush...nope...just does not work for me....

Just watch a few Supernatural episodes and you should be cured in no time.  ;)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 15, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »
How about Sarah Roemer as Molly? She did an awesome job in Disturbia and I really think her attitude and look (if she got a trim and a dye) is perfect for Molly.