Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126866 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1395 on: August 07, 2010, 01:12:37 AM »
Third-ed. And besides, everytime I look at MAtt Bomer, he doesn't scream Superman to me.... he's more of like this... suave....Thomas-esque guy. haha.

Heh. Everytime I look at Matt Bomer, I have to restrain myself from letting out several RAWRS of approval and keeling over in a tizzy. I'd write to him and tell him to stop being so attractive, except... you know, that'd be of the very bad. And then he couldn't be Thomas. Which would break my heart.

shameless self-promotion: by the way, completely off-topic, I have opened a new topic of discussion on the official Avengers casting. It's in the Media Favorites sub-section of the forums.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #1396 on: August 07, 2010, 06:14:20 AM »
OH MY GOSH. HE was that cute guy from Tru Calling? *recalls* *facepalm* D'oh! He was so awesome and hot in there. xD

Have you seen the first season of Chuck? :)

The only reason I found out about White Collar and Matt Bomer at all (I had been staying FAR away from tv for a while) was I accidentally saw the season ender for season 2 of Chuck and I see this cute guy
(click to show/hide)
and it just made me blink cause that sort of thing just draws me in. Seeing a guy in danger and all and I wanted to know more and I went back and watched all the eps he had in Chuck through the end again, then I looked him up for Traveler and TruCalling (found the season he's in for cheap at a local second hand store and watched it all) then got into WC meanwhile and caught up till they started the 2nd half of the first season with new eps this last January.

I also chanced watching a movie I wouldn't normally watch "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the beginning" cause he was in it. Don't recommend it for the faint of heart or what happens to him (
(click to show/hide)
) but he's cute in that too.

He's in flightplan as a steward but doesn't have many lines or scenes but he's there.

Offline godlessgoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 08, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »
Frank Miller and Jim butcher should collaborate. A joint writing and directing of the movie. Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez could produce... perhaps both.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 08, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »
Frank Miller should maybe write, but not Direct.

The only movie he ever directed himself was The Spirit and that turned out pretty bad.

Then again why have Frank Miller write at all, he might butt heads with Jim's writing since Frank Miller is a pretty strong writer too.

Offline uncanny

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 08, 2010, 03:29:12 PM »
Frank Miller should maybe write, but not Direct.

The only movie he ever directed himself was The Spirit and that turned out pretty bad.

Then again why have Frank Miller write at all, he might butt heads with Jim's writing since Frank Miller is a pretty strong writer too.
Eh.. compared to how some of those comic-book-to-screen adaptations go; I didn't think it was too bad.  Though the movie was carried more by the actors than the director methinks..

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1400 on: August 09, 2010, 05:43:47 AM »
So what is the official tally on characters we want for the roles? I know Fillion pretty much won the poll, but I think that the majority of us agree that he doesn't seem very Harry-ish as much as he does Michael-ish. I still personally hold out for Jared Padalecki, due to his age, height, and not to mention the utterly ridiculous resemblance he bears to the Harry on the front cover of Welcome To The Jungle. (W2TJ cover // Jared Padalecki), SMG for Murphy b/c of her personal and professional experience in martial arts, age, height and build, Matt Bomer for Thomas just because (;D) and Deborah Ann Woll for Molly from PG to the present.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline The Blue King

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 09, 2010, 08:13:31 AM »
My choices are going to sound odd, but here goes...

Nicodemus - Jean Reno. For some reason, whenever I was reading about Nicodemus in the books, I would see Jean Reno in my head.

Morgan - Sean Bean.

Kincaid - Daniel Craig. Once again, it's who the character always resembled in my head.

Pat Morita would've made an awesome Shiro, but he's dead, so no go there.
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
- John Milton, "Paradise Lost"

Offline Karry Shipper

• Participant
  • *Everybody do the ninja shuffle*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
I vote Deborah Ann Woll as Molly, too.
Alliance Commander: "Seems odd you'd name your ship after a battle you were on the wrong side of."

Mal: "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 09, 2010, 01:14:19 PM »
At first I agreed with Deborah Ann Woll as Molly, but now I think she may be too tall. Now I kind of think she would make a better Lea.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1404 on: August 09, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
At first I agreed with Deborah Ann Woll as Molly, but now I think she may be too tall. Now I kind of think she would make a better Lea.

How tall is she? The books describe Molly and Charity both as just under 6 feet tall.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1405 on: August 09, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »
My choices are going to sound odd, but here goes...

Nicodemus - Jean Reno. For some reason, whenever I was reading about Nicodemus in the books, I would see Jean Reno in my head.

Morgan - Sean Bean.

Kincaid - Daniel Craig. Once again, it's who the character always resembled in my head.

Pat Morita would've made an awesome Shiro, but he's dead, so no go there.

I think at one point I actually had Jean Reno down as Morgan, but that was before I changed my vote on Morgan to Clancy Brown, and Mark Sheppard for Nicodemus. I have Christian Kane listed as Kincaid. And we're agreed on the last point. Pat Morita would have been amazing :(

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 09, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »
I was going to suggest Mako Iwamatsu as Shiro, but I just found out he died like 4 years ago.

Plus he would have been 76ish now, that would have probably been a little too old.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1407 on: August 09, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »
I was going to suggest Mako Iwamatsu as Shiro, but I just found out he died like 4 years ago.

Plus he would have been 76ish now, that would have probably been a little too old.

*sniffles* Mako was amazing. Most recently he was the voice of Splinter from the TMNT movie, and the voice for Uncle Iroh for almost all three season of Avatar: The Last Airbender. He died before he could finish season 3 of Avatar.

How exactly old do you see Shiro? Because I saw him as being in his late 60s.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 09, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
Why not do an animated film instead of Live Action then you simply need to worry about voice/acting skills instead of physical limitations. Just a thought- it could be serious CGI stuff.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1409 on: August 09, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »
Why not do an animated film instead of Live Action then you simply need to worry about voice/acting skills instead of physical limitations. Just a thought- it could be serious CGI stuff.

Very true. You can do a lot more with animation than you can with live-action/CGI, and it costs less.

In Butcher We Trust.