Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1123242 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5955 on: April 08, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
Oh and Tilda Swinton as Lash.
Cant see it.  Lash's chosen form was supposed to be an alluring, "girl-next-door" type.  Cute and a little vulnerable looking, very beautiful, and very feminine.  Tilda Swinton has carved out her niche between Stark, Alien Beauty and downright androgynous.  I could see her for some of the other denarians maybe, or a Winter Sidhe (thought Lion Witch and Wardrobe may be skewing my thoughts on that one).
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: April 08, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »
Cant see it.  Lash's chosen form was supposed to be an alluring, "girl-next-door" type.  Cute and a little vulnerable looking, very beautiful, and very feminine.  Tilda Swinton has carved out her niche between Stark, Alien Beauty and downright androgynous.  I could see her for some of the other denarians maybe, or a Winter Sidhe (thought Lion Witch and Wardrobe may be skewing my thoughts on that one).
Remember that there's Lash, and there's Sheila.  Lash is supposed to be Greek Goddess-type.  Sheila is the 'girl-next-door' type.  Lash appears distinctly as both in DB, and after the big reveal, we never see Sheila again. 

Tilda Swinton might work as Lash.  She's not exactly what I'd pick though.  She's got the stern look for Gard, but I'm not sure what I've really seen in her in, other than Constantine.  And in that she was very androgynous, because she was supposed to be an angel.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: April 08, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »
I could see Tilda Swinton as Tessa.  I think she'd make a great Tessa.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Online Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
She is normally quite androginous. I don't know, I am imagining Lash much more beautiful.
She has the acting skills to do anything, thought, so she could do it. It's just that she won't be my first choice.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: April 08, 2013, 10:28:57 PM »

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: April 08, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
Remember that there's Lash, and there's Sheila.  Lash is supposed to be Greek Goddess-type.  Sheila is the 'girl-next-door' type.  Lash appears distinctly as both in DB, and after the big reveal, we never see Sheila again. 

Tilda Swinton might work as Lash.  She's not exactly what I'd pick though.  She's got the stern look for Gard, but I'm not sure what I've really seen in her in, other than Constantine.  And in that she was very androgynous, because she was supposed to be an angel.

Oops, I thought you meant Tilda as Lasciel.  Lash, Sheila?  I'm several books behind (still stuck on "Turn Coat"), due to lack of time to read these days.  I'm either getting behind on my TV shows/DVDs or on books.  Can't keep up with both due to work/eat/sleep. ::)

I never pictured Lasciel as beautiful. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:44:51 PM by KoshN »
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »
Oops, I thought you meant Tilda as Lasciel.  Lash, Sheila?  I'm several books behind (still stuck on "Turn Coat"), due to lack of time to read these days.  I'm either getting behind on my TV shows/DVDs or on books.  Can't keep up with both due to work/eat/sleep. ::)

I never pictured Lasciel as beautiful.
Remember that we never actually see Lasciel.  We see the imprint taking on a form for Harry in his head.  And it can appear however she likes, so that she appeals to Harry.  And I'd say that Harry likes the appearance of both Lash and Shiela.  He makes out with one, and his subconscious makes eyes at the other.

- Lash (DB):  She was a little taller than average and had hair that fell in a sheet of golden silk to her shoulders. She was dressed in a silken tunic belted with soft rope, both pure white. The outfit neither displayed any impropriety nor allowed anyone looking to ignore the beauty of the body it clothed. Her eyes were of a deep, deep blue, like a sunny October sky, and her skin glowed with wholesome appeal. She was, quite simply, a stunning creature.
 - Shiela (DB):  She was young, midtwenties at most. She was dressed in a long wool skirt, a turtleneck, and a cardigan sweater, all in colors of grey. She had hair of medium brown, held up into a bun with a pair of pencils, wore glasses, and had a heart-shaped face that was more attractive than beautiful, her features soft and appealing.
 - Lash (PG): Her most common form was that of a tall, athletic blonde wearing a white Greek-style tunic that fell almost to her knee.
 - Lash (PG):  She appeared at once, stepping into the circle of light. She wore her most familiar form, the functional white tunic, the tall, lovely figure, but her golden hair now appeared as a waist-length sheet of deep auburn.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: April 09, 2013, 01:39:35 PM »
She is normally quite androginous. I don't know, I am imagining Lash much more beautiful.
She has the acting skills to do anything, thought, so she could do it. It's just that she won't be my first choice.
She definitely has the acting skill for most characters, and she has a certain stark beauty, but (to me at least) there is nothing appealing about it, it's a cold and distant beauty. 
(click to show/hide)

I think she could make a decent Mab, but I wouldnt cast her for it for the same reason that I wouldnt cast Anthony Hopkins for Odin:  It's so good that it's been done.  However, I just found this picture of her with red hair instead of the usual Bleach Blond, and I think she could make a great Lea
(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:13 PM »
So when this gets to 400 Pages can we lock it? or maybe Archive it and start fresh?
Mods?

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #5965 on: April 09, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »
Is its presence on the forum a problem?  Folks are constantly coming up with new suggestions.  I think they should have a place to do so.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »
Mostly I just get tired of seeing this pop up in my unread posts (I'm selfish!), if we do a new thread, I'm totally not posting it.
Also it's a 4 year old thread and it feels like every flavor of the month has been mentioned. I just think 400 pages is a good number to retire at and stat a NEW casting thread.
I mean you guys lock threads in "The Bar" after a few days

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: April 09, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
Mostly I just get tired of seeing this pop up in my unread posts (I'm selfish!), if we do a new thread, I'm totally not posting it.
Also it's a 4 year old thread and it feels like every flavor of the month has been mentioned. I just think 400 pages is a good number to retire at and stat a NEW casting thread.
I mean you guys lock threads in "The Bar" after a few days
I figure if they close up this thread and start a new casting thread, then everyone who commented on this one will comment the same in the new one.  So that one will shoot up.

Can you delete your posts to this thread to stop the notifications?  Would that work?

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: April 09, 2013, 06:13:25 PM »
I figure if they close up this thread and start a new casting thread, then everyone who commented on this one will comment the same in the new one.  So that one will shoot up.

Can you delete your posts to this thread to stop the notifications?  Would that work?

I don't have the energy to try and go through it.

Also I just think we need a fresh thread, or even three

I purpose
Harry Dresden TV Show Casting Thread

Harry Dresden Movie Casting Thread

Harry Dresden Dead or Younger Celebrity Casting Thread

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: April 09, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
I think we need a thread of the Llamas who should be cast in the parts for TDF, but that's just me.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---