Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1123307 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5941 on: April 04, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
hereand then again here
I think you're mistaken

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: April 04, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
I think you're mistaken

Those aren't the llamas he's looking for.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: April 04, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
Funny vid.  Not related to llamas, but just funny.  It star's a German Shepherd Dog in a suit.  You might want to turn the sound down because the guy laughs just a little too much.   ;)

http://www.wimp.com/germanshepherd/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:26:02 PM by KoshN »
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: April 05, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
Rasins, I don't know what a cheech Marin is. I meant that I understand the Latino part (Rodriguez= hispanic origin (I dont want to begin talking why I don't really like this usage of the word, is the current one, so it is what it is) but I don't think Latinos (or any other etnia) has a way of behave which is different than the others. That is why I didn't understand the "how is written" part, as I don't think you can tell any etnia for the behavior of a character.
Instead, I think the "half Latino" can come for the Susan part. She is not Susana, but Susan.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: April 05, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
My picture of Susan is along the lines of Penelope Cruz.

~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: April 06, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »
My picture of Susan is along the lines of Penelope Cruz.

Harry Dresden and I WISH she'd play Susan.  ;D
Mac Breck (KoshN)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: April 06, 2013, 12:46:54 PM »
Rasins, I don't know what a cheech Marin is. I meant that I understand the Latino part (Rodriguez= hispanic origin (I dont want to begin talking why I don't really like this usage of the word, is the current one, so it is what it is) but I don't think Latinos (or any other etnia) has a way of behave which is different than the others. That is why I didn't understand the "how is written" part, as I don't think you can tell any etnia for the behavior of a character.
Instead, I think the "half Latino" can come for the Susan part. She is not Susana, but Susan.

These days, a name means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, first name (given name), middle name (given name) or last name (surname/family name), but especially first and middle names.  There are many examples where even the last name bears absolutely no resemblance to the person's heritage.  However, given names sometimes arise out of the whim or craziness of the parents (e.g. Moon Unit).  Rules are out the window.  Susan's parents could have just picked Susan because they liked that form of the name, or Susan could have changed it herself, for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:32:37 PM by KoshN »
Mac Breck (KoshN)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: April 06, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »
Yes, there are many exceptions, but I can understand how a name gives an "idea" of a person. When I've heard someone called "Paolo Ortega" I didn't think in a Sweden. Or Hiro doesn't make me think in a Native American.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline chadthebad

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: April 06, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »
I've always heard/pictured Harry as Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. I think it is the parallels between Harry getting the crap beat out of him each book, and Mike getting stuck doing the crappiest jobs every episode.
Oh and Tilda Swinton as Lash.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: April 06, 2013, 08:05:13 PM »

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:25 PM »
Yes, there are many exceptions, but I can understand how a name gives an "idea" of a person. When I've heard someone called "Paolo Ortega" I didn't think in a Sweden. Or Hiro doesn't make me think in a Native American.

There are many GLARING exceptions.
Mac Breck (KoshN)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: April 06, 2013, 11:38:11 PM »

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: April 06, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »
I've always heard/pictured Harry as Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. I think it is the parallels between Harry getting the crap beat out of him each book, and Mike getting stuck doing the crappiest jobs every episode.
Oh and Tilda Swinton as Lash.

Those could work.  ;)
Mac Breck (KoshN)