Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127218 times)

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5730 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:07 AM »
I especially love the fact that the picture on the right comes from an episode where whenever he snapped something exploded or fell apart, or else something equally impressive/scary.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: February 01, 2013, 03:28:03 AM »
YES. No arguments here, that's first choice casting right there.

Is there anything we can give Bruce Campbell? Just because I feel he should be in all the things.
  Carmichal?

I especially love the fact that the picture on the right comes from an episode where whenever he snapped something exploded or fell apart, or else something equally impressive/scary.
That was one of my favorite episodes. So hilarious. And then the guy at the end who tries to snap. *stiches* el diablo is the thing that clinched it for me.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: February 01, 2013, 03:30:14 AM »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: February 01, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »
YES. No arguments here, that's first choice casting right there.

Is there anything we can give Bruce Campbell? Just because I feel he should be in all the things.

Assuming the obvious choice wasn't cast for the role, how about Bruce Campbell for Larry Fowler?  Just knowing he was annoying Harry for all those years...

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »
Assuming the obvious choice wasn't cast for the role, how about Bruce Campbell for Larry Fowler?  Just knowing he was annoying Harry for all those years...

I like Bruce too much to do that to him.  I was actually picturing him as Mac, but I could also (On top of my other choices for the character) hear him as the voice ob Bob.

The only problem I have with Jeffrey Donovan as Nic is that I can't see him with the arrogant side.  Diabolical, yes; arrogantly diabolical, no.  It's one of the reasons that I like Gary Oldman for the role.

For Ebeneezer, I'd pick Ben Johnson if he weren't dead.  Unfortunately, I can't think of a single actor who's still alive that could fit my image of Eb, other than Kris Kristofferson, and he's a bit tall.

For Morty, I'd deffinitely go with Willie Garson from White Collar.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: February 01, 2013, 09:56:02 AM »
I like Bruce too much to do that to him.  I was actually picturing him as Mac, but I could also (On top of my other choices for the character) hear him as the voice ob Bob.

The only problem I have with Jeffrey Donovan as Nic is that I can't see him with the arrogant side.  Diabolical, yes; arrogantly diabolical, no.  It's one of the reasons that I like Gary Oldman for the role.

For Ebeneezer, I'd pick Ben Johnson if he weren't dead.  Unfortunately, I can't think of a single actor who's still alive that could fit my image of Eb, other than Kris Kristofferson, and he's a bit tall.

For Morty, I'd deffinitely go with Willie Garson from White Collar.

I still Hold to my Previous statement, I still want Bruce Cambell as either Carmicheal, or Stallings.  He has to have a re-accuring role... I wouldn't have it any other way, but Mac doesn't talk enough to have Cambell play him... I can get Behind Kristofferson... Oldman well it is a given that He is going to be there somewhere... I can thinks of at least three villians and two good guys he can easily play.

" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: February 01, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »
I still Hold to my Previous statement, I still want Bruce Cambell as either Carmicheal, or Stallings.  He has to have a re-accuring role... I wouldn't have it any other way, but Mac doesn't talk enough to have Cambell play him... I can get Behind Kristofferson... Oldman well it is a given that He is going to be there somewhere... I can thinks of at least three villians and two good guys he can easily play.

The only reason I didn't see Bruce as Carmichael was that Carmichael is described as short, overweight and balding.

I think the problem we're going to run into here is the descriptions.  Jim is very specific and fans notice when actors don't match the description given, which is why, in the long run, I think it would be best for the show to be animated, and the characters voiced.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: February 01, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »

Molly?
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: February 01, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »

Molly?

My latest "If she could act, she could be Molly" girl.

Kate Bock
Height:  5'11"
Hair:  Blonde
Eyes:  Blue

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
I don't know her, but she reminds me of Farraw Fawcett. No problem. Almost any tall blonde can be Molly in my book.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: February 01, 2013, 11:14:47 PM »
I don't know her, but she reminds me of Farraw Fawcett. No problem. Almost any tall blonde can be Molly in my book.
My casting for Molly typically revolves around what tall, pretty blonde I've seen most recently.  But at 5'11", Kate Bock has an impressive height that would work well for a tall Harry.  The problem, of course, would be that if you cast a shorter Harry, then you lose the point of casting the accurately tall Molly.

Offline Mortax

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: February 02, 2013, 05:56:14 AM »
Hight is an easy thing to fudge on screen anyway.  Take LotR.  The guy playing Gimly was the tallest member of the cast.
Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine

If you go to Chichen Itza....You will Die. -Rashid the Vorlon

"The Arctis Tor Rehab Centre
We have ways of making you walk." - shades of grey

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: February 02, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »
The only reason I didn't see Bruce as Carmichael was that Carmichael is described as short, overweight and balding.

I think the problem we're going to run into here is the descriptions.  Jim is very specific and fans notice when actors don't match the description given, which is why, in the long run, I think it would be best for the show to be animated, and the characters voiced.

Ok, then Stallings... We can give Carmicheal to Paul ben-victor (The invisible man tv series... Fawkes partner)

Animated is a very specific audience, if going for commercial appeal, it has to be live action. Do Not get me wrong, I love animated series that have adult content... and if it shows up like that I will not complain.  I would much prefer a re-imagined series on AMC right after The Walking Dead... but I will take what I can get.
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: February 02, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »
I'm actually upset that this thread just keeps going and going and going

From Left to Right
Butters
Murphy
Molly
Gate Keeper
Harry's Dad
Harry
Luccio

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: February 02, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
 Don't be upset. It's awesome!
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?