Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126793 times)

Offline Homer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5655 on: January 20, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »
Likewise. Hen's the mental picture of Jessica Beil.  Mostly as she appeared in Blade 3.

Yeah, Blade 3 Beil with a little more boob is pretty much my mental Molly body type.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: January 20, 2013, 08:52:16 PM »
Yeah, Blade 3 Beil with a little more boob is pretty much my mental Molly body type.

This is how I see Molly, except more muscular.  As I've noted before, this picture is about fourteen years old, but I think this look would do for teenage Molly.

Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: January 23, 2013, 06:57:14 AM »
This is how I see Molly, except more muscular.  As I've noted before, this picture is about fourteen years old, but I think this look would do for teenage Molly.

I agree that Fairuza Balk, in her prime, would have made an.... Interesting Molly.  Now, though i am not sure which one, I would love to see her play one of Harry's Villianesses. I think it would give a cool and creepy vibe to whatever role... The kind of girl you Hate to Love.
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: January 23, 2013, 07:14:54 AM »
   I agree that Fairuza Balk, in her prime, would have made an.... Interesting Molly.  Now, though i am not sure which one, I would love to see her play one of Harry's Villianesses. I think it would give a cool and creepy vibe to whatever role... The kind of girl you Hate to Love.

But if they could find someone that could pull off a similar look to that, it would be great for Molly.  Especially teenage Molly.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: January 23, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
But if they could find someone that could pull off a similar look to that, it would be great for Molly.  Especially teenage Molly.

I haven't read a description of Molly Carpenter in ages, but isn't she a blonde or strawberry blonde?  I've always pictured her kind of like a teenage Julianne Nicholson.
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »
I haven't read a description of Molly Carpenter in ages, but isn't she a blonde or strawberry blonde?  I've always pictured her kind of like a teenage Julianne Nicholson.

Who can tell with all the hair dye?

Offline Mortax

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: January 24, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
Yeah, she typically has cotton candy colored hair. :)

Most of the recent ones its been blond with a stripe of color.

.....the last stripe I remember was blue.  If that's correct, I wonder if that is foreshadowing.
Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine

If you go to Chichen Itza....You will Die. -Rashid the Vorlon

"The Arctis Tor Rehab Centre
We have ways of making you walk." - shades of grey

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:21 PM »
Who can tell with all the hair dye?

Here are a few references.  I think there are more.  Almost every time he describes her wild hair color, he describes her natural hair color.

DB reference - pg. 153 (still living at home, hasn't gone full rebel yet)
(click to show/hide)

PG reference - pg. 49
(click to show/hide)

CD reference - pg. 118
(click to show/hide)

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: January 24, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
Here are a few references.  I think there are more.  Almost every time he describes her wild hair color, he describes her natural hair color.

DB reference - pg. 153 (still living at home, hasn't gone full rebel yet)
(click to show/hide)

PG reference - pg. 49
(click to show/hide)

CD reference - pg. 118
(click to show/hide)

I say again.  A minor detail under all the other colors.  But if it's that important, there are bleach kits.

Besides:  I was talking about the general look, not just the hair, and I'm sure the dye job was different before she became Harry's apprentice.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: January 24, 2013, 08:50:32 PM »
I say again.  A minor detail under all the other colors.  But if it's that important, there are bleach kits.

Besides:  I was talking about the general look, not just the hair, and I'm sure the dye job was different before she became Harry's apprentice.

OK, like this, with the hair color being dyed/bleached to a strawberry blonde.  ;D  Besides, redheads are often rebellious, with tatoos and piercings and wild hair, and Julienne sure seems to be a natural redhead.  So, she fits.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:54:17 PM by KoshN »
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: January 25, 2013, 02:45:40 AM »

Harry Llama Dresden

Offline Zohak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: January 25, 2013, 06:53:50 AM »
Abigail Klein for lily or older Molly
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4183307/

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/2012/05/10-things-about-abigail-klein/

Laura Vandervoort for Maeve or lily
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888882/

Lucas Bryant for harry maybe
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1674903/

I like Abigail Klein.  Don't know if she can act, since I've never seen her in anything.

I like Laura Vandervoort.  If she plays one of the Fae, Helena Mattsson could play her sister.

I've mentioned Lucas Bryant before, because he's decently tall, lanky, and has the right complexion.  But his eyes seem really soft and watery, and I can't seem him doing a good angry/pissed.  He hasn't really done that well on Haven.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: January 25, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »
Also, he is too pretty.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: January 25, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
Also, he is too pretty.

A lot can be done to mess someone up with makeup.  But I still like Ben Browder for it.