Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126893 times)

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5625 on: January 13, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
???  Who?  Is this a comic book character?  Because you obviously aren't talking about the Walker.

This guy:

REALLY deep, menacing voice that would be perfect for DR without the machine-filter/
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:19 AM »
This guy:

REALLY deep, menacing voice that would be perfect for DR without the machine-filter/

That from Mass Effect?  I've never played it.

Ideas for Nicodemus:
  • Anthony Michael Hall
  • Willem DaFoe
  • Christopher Walkin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:44:23 AM by MagusLucius »
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: January 14, 2013, 10:04:08 AM »
I personally never had a problem with blackstone, but then again, I saw the show before I read the books. That being saidI wouldn't mind him playing Harry's dad in the flashbacks and dream sequence where Harry talked to him.
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
That from Mass Effect?  I've never played it.

Ideas for Nicodemus:
  • Anthony Michael Hall
  • Willem DaFoe
  • Christopher Walkin

Yep, from ME. For me, Nick will forever be Benedict Cumberbatch.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Miska

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »
I personally never had a problem with blackstone, but then again, I saw the show before I read the books. That being saidI wouldn't mind him playing Harry's dad in the flashbacks and dream sequence where Harry talked to him.

I have to agree with Blackstone as Harry. I honestly couldn't see any of the actors on the poll as Harry, fine actors that many of them are. We all tend to cast any book with our own preferences in mind. I haven't done through all these posts yet, but I don't remember anyone casting Molly yet. And I have no idea who would work. I do have a Butters though. Geoffrey Arend of Body of  Proof tv show. http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Bi_Bp/Body_of_Proof/season2/body-of-proof-194.jpg He's even got his own Andi-he's married to Christina Hendricks- our Mrs Reynolds/the redhead from Mad Men. Only one problem. Butters is a short little guy-Geoffrey is 6'3". Sigh we just can't win.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: January 14, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »
Michael Wincott as Nic.

~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: January 14, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
I dunno, he looks a little too weathered these days, an I always picture Nic as still being immortally youngish.
(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: January 14, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »
I think for me, it's the combination of his voice and look that screams Nic to me.
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: January 15, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »
Hey, double post.  Go me!

How about James Purefoy for Nic?  He can do wicked.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: January 15, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
Gary Oldman for Nic - he'd be great.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: January 15, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
Gary Oldman for Nic - he'd be great.

Most of the villains I've seen him do are too chaotic, and Benedict Cumberbatch is too young and the wrong sort of inhuman-looking (he'd make a workable Faerie, to my mind, rather than an angel.)

I still vote for either Anthony Stewart Head, or wait another ten or fifteen years for capturing images of actors from older movies to be a mature tech and then cast Michael Caine when he was about forty.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: January 15, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »
Has anyone considered Izabella Miko as Murphy?  She is 5'4", which could be workable.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:18:08 PM by Chiana »

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: January 17, 2013, 10:08:02 PM »
Has anyone considered Izabella Miko as Murphy?  She is 5'4", which could be workable.

I know Murph is supposed to look cute, but she's too baby-faced, IMO. She looks like a teen, and no descriptions of Murphy give that impression. Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a good Murphy, especially now she's aged a little.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: January 18, 2013, 12:49:51 AM »
I know Murph is supposed to look cute, but she's too baby-faced, IMO. She looks like a teen, and no descriptions of Murphy give that impression. Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a good Murphy, especially now she's aged a little.

*hiss* Yuck.

Personality-wise, I see Murphy being a lot more like Myka Bering in Warehouse 13, but Joanne Kelly does not look good as a blonde.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: January 18, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »
*hiss* Yuck.

Personality-wise, I see Murphy being a lot more like Myka Bering in Warehouse 13, but Joanne Kelly does not look good as a blonde.

The X-Files were a long time ago, but Gillian Anderson would have made a good Murphy too.