Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126791 times)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5595 on: January 09, 2013, 03:56:02 AM »
Whoever plays Maeve has to be able to act. ::) ::)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: January 09, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
Whoever plays Maeve has to be able to act. ::) ::)
Not thaaat much.  I mean, she isnt exactly a deep character for the most part.  I dont think "over-the-top Kinktress" would require an Oscar performance
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Vondrakenhof

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: January 09, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »
Not thaaat much.  I mean, she isnt exactly a deep character for the most part.  I dont think "over-the-top Kinktress" would require an Oscar performance

It still requires more than she can do. I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman, Stewart brought the whole thing down.
"What's the working theory?

"A gorilla did it."

The sheer idiocy of a statement like that is enough to rupture a blood vessel in a reasonable person's brain.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: January 09, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
It still requires more than she can do. I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman, Stewart brought the whole thing down.

That movie was hardly a stellar example of Chris Hemsworth's acting abilities either.  My favorite was Bob Hoskins.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline Homer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »

Its generally a bad sign for a Snow White movie if you go into it rooting for the queen over SW.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: January 09, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
No Kristen Stewart.  Nix.  No way.  Yuck.
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
No Kristen Stewart.  Nix.  No way.  Yuck.

Agrees with this wholeheartedly.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Zohak

• Participant
    • View Profile

Offline TheDeanius

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
Has anyone seen this chick?
She would make an awesome Fairy Lady, either Summer or Winter...
Shantel Knight:
https://plus.google.com/104001316371093211391/posts
See this image specifically... It was taken for an RGP game called "Where's My Spellbook: but you can see why i think what i do, im sure...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nsmRgexHM3Y/UBKc2oOADWI/AAAAAAAAAVY/wAfqGLIBWQg/s500/tornresized.jpg

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58:12 PM »
Geoff Stults for Harry Dresden
He is 6, 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Stults
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836176/

http://peerie.com/Acting/33429/Geoff-Stults/
He hasn't been in anything that I would have come within a mile of, so I can't really say.  Lately, however, I've started thinking about Ben Browder.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »
He hasn't been in anything that I would have come within a mile of, so I can't really say.  Lately, however, I've started thinking about Ben Browder.
I really like Ben Browder, but I dont see him as having the right level of Personally Intimidating Presence that Harry has.  Or the same level of barely controlled Rage seething beneath the surface
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: January 10, 2013, 06:15:22 PM »
I really like Ben Browder, but I dont see him as having the right level of Personally Intimidating Presence that Harry has.  Or the same level of barely controlled Rage seething beneath the surface

I think he could do it.  I really do.  He has the snark for it, from what I remember of Farscape...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: January 10, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
I think he could do it.  I really do.  He has the snark for it, from what I remember of Farscape...
Oh he definately has the snark.  Its the Power and Rage that I didnt see too much in Farscape, or Stargate.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: January 10, 2013, 06:22:13 PM »
Oh he definately has the snark.  Its the Power and Rage that I didnt see too much in Farscape, or Stargate.

Well... That's why they call it acting.  Plus, I can see him dressed like Harry, wearing a beat-up old duster and wondering what people have against his wardrobe...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: January 10, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
Well... That's why they call it acting.  Plus, I can see him dressed like Harry, wearing a beat-up old duster and wondering what people have against his wardrobe...
You miss my point.  He tried for rage a number of times, he just didnt pull it off to the level that harry would regularly need
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/