Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126798 times)

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5505 on: December 14, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
I would go with Jaime Murray from Warehouse 13 before Joanne Kelly. Joanne Kelly was already cast for Bianca in the series, however.

Jaime Murray is another good choice for Lara Raith, but I think Joanne Kelly would be better.  As for Kelly already being cast as Bianca in the series, I didn't think we were bound by that.  Other actresses I'd like to cast in some Dresden roles are Jaime Ray Newman (one of the young faerie queens?), Lola Glaudini (Susan Rodriguez) and Natalie Zea (one of the young faerie queens?). (drool) 
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: December 14, 2012, 12:39:52 AM »
Jaime Murray is another good choice for Lara Raith, but I think Joanne Kelly would be better.  As for Kelly already being cast as Bianca in the series, I didn't think we were bound by that.  Other actresses I'd like to cast in some Dresden roles are Jaime Ray Newman (one of the young faerie queens?), Lola Glaudini (Susan Rodriguez) and Natalie Zea (one of the young faerie queens?). (drool)

Oh... I didn't mean to imply that we were. I was just pointing it out as a coincidence. I personally feel the opposite, but not too strongly. I just don't feel that Joanne Kelly can exude the sexuality that Lara would need.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: December 14, 2012, 12:41:35 AM »
I can't really see Gary Oldman playing the soft-spoken Forthill

So far, my list is:
Michael: Neil McDonough
Forthill: Ian Holm
Mab/Titania: Michelle Pfeiffer
Rashid: Erick Avari
Arthur Langtree: Donald Sutherland
Listens to Wind: Graham Greene
Martha Liberty: C.C.H Pounder
Nicodemus: Gary Oldman
Odin/Vadderung/Kringle: Anthony Hopkins
Bob: Steve Buscemi

I had originally thought of Anthony Hopkins as John Marcone, but I think he's a little old for the gymnastics that Marcone gets up to.   I always saw Michael Ironside as Donald Morgan.  And while I hear James Earl Jones when I read the Erlking, I'm not sure I see him as the character.

Other actors I would love to find a part for (And I realize that you have to find an actor that fits the role, not vise-versa)
Jeremy Irons
Mark A. Sheppard

I forgot to mention Jeri Ryan as Gard

I didn't like him as Dracula, at all.

Are you kidding?! That was the best Dracula movie ever made.

How about Kevin Spacey for John Marcone?  He was a decent Lex Luthor, even if that movie was mostly suck...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:43:59 AM by MagusLucius »
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline Mars447

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: December 14, 2012, 02:53:35 AM »
Mark Sheppard as Binder?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: December 14, 2012, 03:12:23 AM »
Hes top of my list for that role
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:09 AM »
Mark Sheppard as Binder?

Don't really see it.  Not slippery enough.  Binder was a coward.  There might not be a character he would fit into...

On the other hand..

Am I crazy, or would Christian Kane make a decent Jared Kincaid.
Granted, he might not be tall enough, but something about him seems to fit.  Especially as Eliot Spencer in Leverage.  Kind of a darker version of Eliot.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Eva Green for Lara Raith:
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: December 14, 2012, 01:23:38 PM »
Don't really see it.  Not slippery enough.  Binder was a coward.  There might not be a character he would fit into...
Have to disagree on both counts.  Binder was slippery, but not a coward at all.  He was intelligent, and that included a healthy understanding of his relative abilities vs full fledged members of the Council, and a healthy fear of the kind of monster Lara could be (which harry shared at that particular moment.  That being said, Mark Sheppard's character in Firefly struck a similar balance of small-fish arrogance with his character in Firefly. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: December 14, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »
Have to disagree on both counts.  Binder was slippery, but not a coward at all.  He was intelligent, and that included a healthy understanding of his relative abilities vs full fledged members of the Council, and a healthy fear of the kind of monster Lara could be (which harry shared at that particular moment.  That being said, Mark Sheppard's character in Firefly struck a similar balance of small-fish arrogance with his character in Firefly.

His character in Supernatural also has about the same arrogance, that's what screamed Binder to me and is why I agree with you.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: December 15, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
Don't know the name of the actress, and I still stand by Leven Rambin, but MOLLY.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: December 15, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »
Don't know the name of the actress, and I still stand by Leven Rambin, but MOLLY.

Isabel Lucas. 

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: December 15, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
Well, the thing about casting Molly, We are going to have to find a younger girl with potential to turn into the molly we know now. I can't remember the age we first meet molly, but it is going to have to be someone who can "grow" into the role.
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: December 15, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Well, the thing about casting Molly, We are going to have to find a younger girl with potential to turn into the molly we know now. I can't remember the age we first meet molly, but it is going to have to be someone who can "grow" into the role.

We first meet Molly when she's 14, but casting that young for future potential is REALLY tricky. It would be easier to cast a different actress for 14-y/o Molly than Molly in PG-onwards.

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: December 17, 2012, 03:06:38 AM »
I forgot to mention Jeri Ryan as Gard

Are you kidding?! That was the best Dracula movie ever made.

How about Kevin Spacey for John Marcone?  He was a decent Lex Luthor, even if that movie was mostly suck...

Jeri Ryan as Gard.  Good choice!
 Kevin Spacey for John Marcone.  Another good choice! 

The best Dracula movie ever made was "Horror pf Dracula" (1958).  Christopher Lee IS Dracula.

Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: December 19, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
Going to go out on a limb here and suggest something crazy.

Mcanally: Bruce Campbell

Because I think it would be awesome.  Or epically bad.  Nothing in between.
Though I don't think Bruce Campbell is a bad actor...  He gets a bad rap for being in a lot of corny SF movies -- and I don't count ED or AoD because those were meant to be corny.  He doesn't do a bad job as Sam Axe in Burn Notice, and I could see him playing Mac, because mac doesn't talk very much.  Some good makeup could give him just the right look...