Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126963 times)

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5340 on: November 13, 2012, 12:49:01 AM »
OK, if we are going with Matt Bomer for Thomas, the I would cast Olivia Wilde as Lara, and Summer Glau as Inari
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:50 AM »
But, they don't look that relatives to Matt.
I had a woman for Lara, but I forgot who she was. I saw her in a show, not a movie. That is the only thing I remember.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: November 13, 2012, 03:09:20 AM »
Now, I'm not saying they are twins, but considering the fact that Thomas and Lara would have a different mother, they wouldn't look exactly alike.

Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: November 13, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »
(click to show/hide)

But Papa Raith is described in WN like this:
Thomas favored his father heavily, and at first glance, Lord Raith could have been Thomas. He had the same strong, appealing features, the same glossy dark hair, the same lean build. He looked little older than Thomas, but his face was very different. It was the eyes, I think. They were… stained, somehow, with contempt and calculation and a serpentine dispassion.
Which makes me think we'd need somebody younger.  I could see Matthew Mcconaughey for it, though I cannot recall him ever playing a villain.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: November 13, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
As a side note, Jim said in an interview (when talking about work on the Comic) that he pictured Harry as a mix between Fox Mulder and Vincent Ventresca.  So what would you guys say to him as harry?  (try to ignore the poofy hair):
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: November 13, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
I like Richard Burgi for Marcone.  I'd thought of him for Harry at first, but the more I think about it, this guy has more bulk to him than what I envision for Harry and he plays mean pretty well too, while still maintaining a classy, polished exterior.  So, I'm definitely pitching him for Marcone.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to imbed the picture into post.  But here's a link to him: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0121404/#Actor

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: November 13, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
And here is the guy I want for Kincade, Christian Kane: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0437283/

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: November 13, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
Thank you dea, As far as my man vince, I am actually a fan of his... He was on a short lived, but excellent show on Sci-Fi called " The Invisible Man" He was a very good mix of good, evil, and smart @$$. I Have thought of him as Harry... I keep trying to come up for reasons to say no... but I Keep coming back to him... I have looked at the others who people have suggested and I, putting them under scroutany find that Most of them are too young, or either The right level of smart @$$. I vote Yes on Vince

" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: November 13, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
Wow, posted that pic on accident, trying to figure out how, lol. Ok Here are my Top three pics for Cast... You Know #1

Richard Burgi, Marcone

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Murphy.... She Is due for a comeback, besides she is the cutest tiny tough chick I know.

Bradley Cooper, Thomas Raith

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: November 13, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »
Last one I promise... If I can't have Cooper, Our friend Neil Caffrey would Make an excelent Thomas as well... I would be Happy with either.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: November 13, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
I very much agree with Matt Bomer for Thomas. I think he could pull off that role to perfection. On my current reading of the books, getting ready for Cold Days, I've substituted his image in my mind for Thomas, and it works very well. Or maybe that means I'm going crazy. Oh well.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: November 13, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
This is my pic for Laura Wraith, Eliza Dushku: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0244630/

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: November 13, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
She could do it, But I have her pegged as Young Luccio.  She has all the acting range you'd need, and the requisite dimples. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: November 13, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »
And Looking at them, Bomer and vince could pass for brothers, though vince is older, we can blame the age appearance on succunus genes

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: November 13, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
Wow, posted that pic on accident, trying to figure out how, lol. Ok Here are my Top three pics for Cast... You Know #1

Richard Burgi, Marcone

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Murphy.... She Is due for a comeback, besides she is the cutest tiny tough chick I know.

Bradley Cooper, Thomas Raith

Bradly Cooper?  No!   Sorry, in my head he's still the cuddly one from Alias.  Casting him as Thomas messes with my head. He comes across as vulnerable and sincere.  The actor has to be able to pull off the cold ruthlessness  AND that fake French accent. 

I chose Elisha for Lara because this actress does the sex-in-heels thing with no trouble.  Plus, she's got a kind of chemistry with Matt (she's guested on White Collar a few times).  They could pull off the layered undercurrents between the characters without much dialogue having to be spelled out.