Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127176 times)

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5325 on: November 03, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
Richard Burgi, Gentleman John Marcone

I haven't seen him act.  It could be that he can pull off cold and calculating fine, but he just seems so... GQ.  He looks more like a 007 who can make hard calls if he needs to, but not a hardened kind of guy if you catch the difference.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: November 03, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
Chris Meloni for Marcone.
He has no problem being bad ass or nice.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: November 03, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
Richard Burgi, Gentleman John Marcone

Burgi plays a good badguy, but to me he's not cold enough.

Chris Meloni for Marcone.
He has no problem being bad ass or nice.

Same with Meloni.  He could be a convincing bad guy, but he doesn't look to have the ability to give people chills just looking at them.

To me, it has to be Adrian Pasdar.  He has the ability to be charming, serious, passionate, and down-right dead-eyed cold when need be.  He can look like he's dead inside, which is how I picture Marcone.

My team Marcone, with Pasdar as Marcone, Debrah Farentino as Helen Beckitt, John Cena as Hendricks, and Izabella Scorupco as Gard.  Most people don't agree with Izabella as Gard, but its all a matter of impressions.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:53:26 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: November 04, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »
You haven't seen Chris Meloni in OZ or in True Blood - he does icy stare just fine.
But to each their own.

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: November 04, 2012, 09:09:23 AM »
I would also concede Meloni, and Eric Roberts ( though Idk if he would do another Gangster role)... I agree that He would do a great job, But allow me to defend My choice. Burgi Has also played both sides of the field. Marcone also tends to flip back and forth, Thought i think he does it for appearences. Burgi, when going intense can most of all, pull off the Marcone glare... His eyes are the color of old money and he still has the appearence of a man who is in charge, but is not scared of doing the hard work on his own.  Marcone is a paradox... He is a crime boss who feels he has a responsibility to keep the innocent out of harms way. Burgi, in my opinion, has the ability to pull off that paradox.

This is almost unrelated... I almost forgot to mention Hendrix... I, no doubt will come underfire for this, would go almost against his physical description to get his essence.... When I think of hendrix I imagine... Bill Goldburg
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline Homer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: November 05, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

This is almost unrelated... I almost forgot to mention Hendrix... I, no doubt will come underfire for this, would go almost against his physical description to get his essence.... When I think of hendrix I imagine... Bill Goldburg

My mental image of Hendricks when I'm reading one of the books has always been pretty close to Butterfinger in Hudson Hawk.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: November 05, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
As far as Hendricks goes, John Cena has the blocky facial features that could work, but I had always pictured somebody wider that that.  They kind of guy that is almost disproportionately so.  More of a young Joe Viterelli, maybe.  Theres an actor out there I am thinking of, but I cant remember what ive seen him in.  It was a cop of some kind
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: November 06, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »
Ah yes... Butterfinger... Where have you gone?  If we could only get Bruce to age in reverse and grow a few more inches, We would have Harry Dresden... Die hard 1... nuff said.

Btw, love the honorable mention on "Hudson Hawk", one of Willis's most under-rated movies... not every one loves that move... but I do.

Offline Homer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: November 07, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »
Ah yes... Butterfinger... Where have you gone?  If we could only get Bruce to age in reverse and grow a few more inches, We would have Harry Dresden... Die hard 1... nuff said.

Btw, love the honorable mention on "Hudson Hawk", one of Willis's most under-rated movies... not every one loves that move... but I do.

I have it on DVD. Its one of my favorite less than serious movies.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5334 on: November 10, 2012, 11:10:10 AM »
Are you guys talking Willis?  Because I always had him pegged for Mac.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: November 10, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »
Are you guys talking Willis?  Because I always had him pegged for Mac.

Like!   ;D

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: November 11, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »
Hey, Not a bad Idea, or even Morgan, I know it would be a little bit of a stretch... but a burnt out wizard cop with a vendetta against someone... Kinda makes you scratch your head.  And griffyn, your guy does fit the part of a younger marcone, but the part will call for someone a little bit more seasoned.  Also, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the voice of bob. I know his name has been brought up for Nicodemus, I think he can bring more to playing the voice of bob... Alan Rickman.  Now as fa as Nicodemus goes, I would love to see the man who always does evil angel best, Chris Walken

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: November 12, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »
So I have a challenge for this thread.  We will likely never actually settle on any one set of castings, but it has come close in one instance:  Matt Bomer as Thomas has seen something close to universal acceptance. 

So here is the challenge:  Cast his family, those that are supposed to share a family resemblance.  Who would look like a believable Harry-as-Matt-Bomer's-Brother?  Who would make a good Lara in that context?  A good Papa Raith?  How about Madrigal and Madeline?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:02 PM »
Papa Wraith should look like Tom Welling, but have more charisma  :D
I will think in the others.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: November 12, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »
Just cast all of the Kardassians as the various Raith sisters. Would even explain why they are famous.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.