Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126902 times)

Online Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5310 on: October 20, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
Hubby is just like that. A new hairstyle, a beard, and he didn't recognize the people...until they talk. I am totally visual.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Homer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: October 20, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »
Hubby is just like that. A new hairstyle, a beard, and he didn't recognize the people...until they talk. I am totally visual.

Yep. I've not recognized actresses just because they changed thier hair style/color.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Offline mrjoe94

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: October 21, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »
Hey guys, I posted a long-ass time ago with a casting choice for Morgan (WWE's The Undertaker I recall) but I thought of some new ones. Warning, these may have been said before its a huge thread

Bob the skull: Just let James Marsters do it, he loves the character anyway. :D
Eb McCoy: You say Tommy Lee Jones and I raise you Sam Elliot.

Michael Carpenter is a cross between Ned Flanders and Conan the Barbarian.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: October 21, 2012, 06:25:22 PM »
You say Sam Elliot and I say ... well.... I don't remember the guys name, but the guy who played Gimli.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: October 21, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
You say Sam Elliot and I say ... well.... I don't remember the guys name, but the guy who played Gimli.

John Rhys Davis?  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0722636/

Yes!!! 

In my head (because it was my head and I could do it that way if I wanted to) I put Uncle Jessie from The Dukes of Hazard in that role.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0701500/  IMDB says that Denver Pyle died in 1997.  What I liked about him was that he seemed the slow to speak, slow to become angry - but watch out when he did - type.

I hadn't found anyone I liked as well as that until this moment.  THAT, is excellent casting.  He is deep barreled, dignified... able to convey power.  Now the question is, can he do an Uncle Jessie impression? 

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: October 21, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »
John Rhys Davis?  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0722636/

Yes!!! 

In my head (because it was my head and I could do it that way if I wanted to) I put Uncle Jessie from The Dukes of Hazard in that role.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0701500/  IMDB says that Denver Pyle died in 1997.  What I liked about him was that he seemed the slow to speak, slow to become angry - but watch out when he did - type.

I hadn't found anyone I liked as well as that until this moment.  THAT, is excellent casting.  He is deep barreled, dignified... able to convey power.  Now the question is, can he do an Uncle Jessie impression?

Yes!!! I could not for the life of me remember his name. But it's his voice I hear in my head whenever I'm reading DF and Eb is talking. That probably doesn't exactly say great things about my mental state, but I'm ok with that.

Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: October 22, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
Eb will forever be, at least in my mind, Wilford Brimley.

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: October 23, 2012, 01:29:45 AM »
Eb will forever be, at least in my mind, Wilford Brimley.

If he can be fierce, he would be entirely acceptable.  He's closer to Uncle Jesse in looks - but I'm not at all frightened of Wilford.  Can he truly be the black staff? 

Offline Orbweaver

• Posty McPostington
  • Let the games begin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: November 02, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »
213 pages. Not ONE mention of Ian Somerhalder anywhere.

This man's eyes will eat anyone, man or woman, alive. And in case you were wondering what he looks like as a pale vamp:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:23:20 AM by Orbweaver »
In a world of black, white, and grey's... I'd be bright freaking purple. Resident Female Forum Denarian.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: November 02, 2012, 02:10:41 AM »
You know, I like many others scoffed at Paul Blackthorne for the role of Harry.  The TV show had biased me with all the ways it was NOT the same as the books.  But having seen more of him in the new Arrow tv show, Im starting to think he was a really good choice.  There arent many who can pull off the perfect balance of Tired, Snarky, with an undercurrent of barely contained Rage, but he does it rather well.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: November 02, 2012, 02:13:42 AM »
I didn't read many complaints. I am one of many who thinks he was a great choice.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: November 02, 2012, 02:18:29 AM »
Could be just me then, I havent actually read through the thread in a good long while.  And like I said it was all bias against the TV show for not being more faithful to the books.  I notice he isnt even an option on the poll though
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: November 02, 2012, 02:19:45 AM »
That is true, I complained about that many pages ago.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: November 03, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »
Richard Burgi, Gentleman John Marcone
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: November 03, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »
Richard Burgi, Gentleman John Marcone

oh wow, I could totally see it. even if his eyes aren't green :)