Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127135 times)

Offline kacowkachow

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5235 on: August 16, 2012, 03:25:51 AM »
The combination of his roles in A History of Violence and Eastern Promises has solidified Viggo Mortensen as the pick for Kincaid for me.
"I take my throwing knife and throw it, knife style."

—You're the bad guy right?
I am the bad guy.
—And I'm supposed to be trembling with fear, something like that?
Something like that.
—Fine, I'll start trembling in a minute. In the meantime, you think I could have a drink?

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: August 16, 2012, 08:27:43 AM »
Eh, I prefer him as Sir Stuart. Woody Harrelson (sp?) would make a great Kincaid.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
The combination of his roles in A History of Violence and Eastern Promises has solidified Viggo Mortensen as the pick for Kincaid for me.
He would certainly do well in the part.  I think the picture in my head is closer to Liev Schreiber though
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:04 AM »
Random 'Oooh she's hot, she could be Molly' casting of the day:

The girl from the new MB20 She's So Mean video, only with blonde hair (or maybe psychedelic, depending on the book)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8WLa6umgdw

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:48:54 AM by Griffyn612 »

Offline railrun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: August 17, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »
has anyone seen the tv show chase i think that the lead Kelli Giddish would be a great murphy

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: August 18, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »
I have finally found a good Ramirez:
Tyler Posey, aka Scott from Teen Wolf. He's got the ethnicity (Posey is half-mexican), and he can be a cocky badass when he needs to, but he can also be a dork.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: August 19, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »
I have finally found a good Ramirez:
Tyler Posey, aka Scott from Teen Wolf. He's got the ethnicity (Posey is half-mexican), and he can be a cocky badass when he needs to, but he can also be a dork.
He's also, quite literally, the worst actor on a show thats supposed to be about him.  Its painful to watch him on-screen.

On a related subject, I previously suggested Colton Haynes for one of Michael's kids, but he could also probably pull off Billy Borden.  Although if we wait long enough, he would be old enough to pull off a pretty bad-ass Kincaid.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: August 22, 2012, 12:14:09 AM »
He's also, quite literally, the worst actor on a show thats supposed to be about him.  Its painful to watch him on-screen.

I don't think he's that bad. It's just that the rest of the cast is really good, so he looks worse by comparison.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: August 22, 2012, 12:45:19 AM »
I don't think he's that bad. It's just that the rest of the cast is really good, so he looks worse by comparison.
I have to say, I think Dylan O'Brien has done a great job with his role.  I think his performances are better than the rest.  All the others at least have moments where they look like they're struggling with a weak script or character development. 

On a side note: it surprises me how short everyone is on that show. All the main male characters are 2+ inches under 6'.  Dylan's apparently the tallest at 5'10".  Tyler Posey is apparently 5'9".  One site said Tyler Hoechlin is 6', but another site said he's really 5'7".  Keahu Kahuanui looks like he towers over everyone, and he's 6'.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: August 22, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »
Random inspired casting, based on looks alone.

Grimalkin is supposed to be a malk.  Traditionally, a grimalkin is supposed to be a female cat.  But in SK, Harry refers to Grimalkin as 'Charlie', commonly a masculine name, and Billy refers to Grimalkin as 'he'.  Based on that interaction, I'm assuming Grim is a male.  And I've always pictured Grim looking like the Cheshire cat.  Mostly because of the mysterious appearance in SK.

So... Cheshire Cat

So... Grimaklin = Tim Curry

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:59 AM »
Or Tim Curry=HWWB, but I prefer Anthony Head for that role.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: August 22, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
Or Tim Curry=HWWB, but I prefer Anthony Head for that role.

Nah, Anthony Head is Father Forthill for me. HWWB is voiced by Gabriel Wolf, who did the voice of The Beast in the Doctor Who episodes "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit."

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: August 23, 2012, 01:51:43 AM »
Nah, Anthony Head is Father Forthill for me. HWWB is voiced by Gabriel Wolf, who did the voice of The Beast in the Doctor Who episodes "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit."

I think Father Forthill is supposed to be short, isn't he?  And wiry, maybe?  Anthony Steward Head is 6'1, and last I saw of him in Merlin, not wiry. 

Maybe I'm wrong about the Forthill description though.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5248 on: August 23, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
I've got my newest cast list.

Harry: Tim Curry
Susan: Tim Curry
Molly: Tim Curry
Thomas: Tim Curry
Ramirez: Tim Curry
Merlin: Tim Curry
Lara: Tim Curry
Lord Raith: Tim Curry

;D

What are you guys thinking for Kincaid?

Christian Kane has a face that says "I will f*** you up if you mess with me," and he's got the voice to match.  And no, this isn't the CK fan talki...okay, maybe it is.  I love hearing this man sing.  But the point still stands.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline castor833

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
Tricia as Mab = Delicious
Judi and Helen would be perfect as the Mother queens. Too bad there isn't more than the one scene.

Kristen Bell is a beautiful woman but she isn't who I see when I picture Murphy.

I recommend Katheryn Winnick http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935395/resumephotos
http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/killers-9-ashton_kutcher-katheryn_winnick.jpg