Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127062 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5160 on: July 26, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »
  I honestly have only one mental description for Kincaid. Intimidating. All else matters not.

See, I tried to say about 150 pages ago that Colin Farrell is how I always picture Kincaid.  Lean muscle, dark look, etc.  (He'd just need a little more tone)

And folks were like "No, no, Colin Farrell can't be Kincaid, he doesn't have blond hair." 

And I was like, "We can give him blond hair."

And people were like "No, don't cast for fake hair color when there are others with the right hair color."

Jason Statham
Hmm...

No.  He doesn't have ANY hair.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: July 26, 2012, 12:36:02 AM »
I like collin Farrell for kincaid. Something silly like hair color doesn't matter. Except for Harry Murphy and Molly
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: July 26, 2012, 12:50:13 AM »
For me is not. Colin Farrell is just wrong.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: July 26, 2012, 02:09:10 AM »
Forget the hair.  We need someone vaguely Eastern European looking who can play dangerous.  Statham fits the bill.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:44 AM »
Forget the hair.  We need someone vaguely Eastern European looking who can play dangerous.  Statham fits the bill.

For the record, Statham was born in Derbyshire, UK, which is only 203 miles closer to Eastern Europe than Dublin, IRE, where Farrell was born.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: July 26, 2012, 02:45:04 AM »
I feel like Kincaid should at least have hair.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: July 26, 2012, 02:51:11 AM »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: July 26, 2012, 02:53:19 AM »
I feel like Kincaid should at least have hair.
I concur.

By the way, presuming you've seen TDKR, you should change/add your sig quote to his line.

Real hair. 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: July 26, 2012, 02:56:33 AM »
Well, it was the best I could find  :-[

I still think we should give a position to vinnie Jones. I was thinking Hendricks, but he could be Kinkaid.
Missing you, Md 

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:16 PM »
For the record, Statham was born in Derbyshire, UK, which is only 203 miles closer to Eastern Europe than Dublin, IRE, where Farrell was born.
Doesn't matter where he was born.  He looks like he could be Russian mob and Hollywood can do wonders for hair.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline HateEgo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: July 26, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Jeffrey Donovan is my choice for Harry.  He's just 6ft tall which is about 7in short of being book accurate but hes got that handsome with out being pretty look and his character in Burn Notice is similar although better trained and more educated than Harry.  Plus, Jared Padalecki is a solid Thomas Raith and he looks like he could be Donovan's half-brother.  Jared is 6ft 4in but I can live with minor height differences from the books.  Other cast selections would be Kristen Bell for Karin Murphy. Eliza Dushku for Susan Rodriguez.  David Tennant is my Waldo Butters.  I have other choices but tell me what you guys think.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: July 26, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »
They ar quite good, but I am with most people here about Thomas. He is Matt Bomer.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: July 26, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »
They ar quite good, but I am with most people here about Thomas. He is Matt Bomer.
Agreed.  And I never thought Id really settle on a Harry, but I really think Michael Fassbender fits it very well, both in terms of look and of acting range.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline HateEgo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: July 26, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
Matt Boomer is a really good choice for Thomas.  Michael Fassbender feels like a Marcone to me or Nichodemus.  Anna Silk would be a good Lara Raith.  Zoe Saldana for Tera West.  Charlize Theron, Olivia Wilde, and Emma Stone could play any variation of fairy Queens.  Mila Kunis for Justine.  I could go on and on but i can only match them to the closest actor/actress I know about.  Hugo Weaving and Michael Chiklis I just want to be in it somewhere.  Hugo for Merlin and Chiklis for Carmichael is i had to pick right now.  Only Wes Studi can play Listens-to-Wind. 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: July 26, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »
Ive been leaning toward Hugh Laurie for the Merlin, and Ive been stuck on Ed Quinn for Marcone
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain