Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126814 times)

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5145 on: July 24, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »
The problem with all these well-known actors is that, given the number of references to pop-culure in the series, it'd kinda stretch credibility that Harry wouldn't at least comment on the resemblance. They'd have to at least look different, or it would get ridiculous.

or maybe just play the alternate reality deja vu reaction card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDlQgW1wO0

Offline Mr. Ghostbuster

• Conversationalist
  • Jimbassador to the United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: July 25, 2012, 02:54:57 AM »
Any votes on where Jim should have his cameo(s)? My first vote would be for the mail carrier from Storm Front. He's the very first character we ever see in the series.
DV Warden of Iowa City 1.0 YR4 FR(M)1 BK+++ RP JB++ TH+ WG++ CL+ SW BC+ MC---- FF+ SH++[Murphy+++ Lara+ Gard+ Molly-]

Hi. I'm the future director of The Dresden Files movie. Wink.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55:59 AM »
Any votes on where Jim should have his cameo(s)? My first vote would be for the mail carrier from Storm Front. He's the very first character we ever see in the series.
That would be hilarious.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: July 25, 2012, 02:57:13 AM »
In TV, he has been a coroner, IIRC But the mailman cameo sounds like a fun idea.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
In TV, he has been a coroner, IIRC But the mailman cameo sounds like a fun idea.
Yes, especially as Terry Pratchett was the mailman at the end of Going Postal.
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: July 25, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »
I like the idea of him being the guy who says 'damn' after harry throws the Loup-Garou through two buildings. Or he could be, y'know, Uriel. Or God.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: July 25, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
I finally saw the Conan movie from 2011 and kept thinking Thomas when I saw Jason Momoa.  He may be too big and not "pretty" enough for Thomas but not too bad in my book.

~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: July 25, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »
I finally saw the Conan movie from 2011 and kept thinking Thomas when I saw Jason Momoa.  He may be too big and not "pretty" enough for Thomas but not too bad in my book.

Jason Momoa is 6'5, naturally tan due to his paternal Hawaiian heritage, and .  Thomas is barely 6' with an updraft, and is supposed to be fairly pale if I recall correctly.

That being said, I enjoyed Momoa's work on SG:A, and found the new Conan standard but enjoyable.  I think Momoa has some talent, and would love to see him in a DF role.  But it'd have to be one where they could take advantage of his size and strenght.  Honestly, my first thought for him was Korrick.  I know its not a big role so far, but he might make another appearance, as I don't think he died in SK, and we've got more Fae coverage coming up shortly.

Summer Knight-pg.194
On the far side of the glade, smoke rose from stones piled into the shape of an oven or a forge, and a broad-chested man, shirtless, bearded, heavy-browed and fierce-looking, stood on the other side of it, wielding a smith’s hammer in regular rhythm. He stepped

Just add beard and slap his torso on a CGI horse, and we've got ourselves a Centaur.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: July 25, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
YES!! Centaur Momoa is approved!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: July 25, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
I didn't realize he was 6'5".  Holy cow.  Yes, I would agree that he is better suited as a centaur.   :D
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: July 25, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
I claim him as Kincaid.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
I love Geller as Murph.  Butt kicking cheerleader for the win.
I had a flash of Jeri Ryan as Charity, but I have this image of Charity having a little more rounded edges.
She could certainly pull off punching Harry in the jaw and knocking him down.  I could definitely see her gearing up in chain mail to go after Molly and she's old enough now that she has the kind of wear lines living with a Knight of the Cross would give you while still being hot enough to make Harry figure out where Molly gets it from.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: July 25, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
I claim him as Kincaid.

But Kincaid has blond hair.  Blond hair on a Hawaiian = Not Buying It.  Besides, isn't Kincaid supposed to be of eastern European ancestry?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: July 25, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »
But Kincaid has blond hair.  Blond hair on a Hawaiian = Not Buying It.  Besides, isn't Kincaid supposed to be of eastern European ancestry?
  I honestly have only one mental description for Kincaid. Intimidating. All else matters not.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »
  I honestly have only one mental description for Kincaid. Intimidating. All else matters not.
Jason Statham
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom