Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126965 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5130 on: July 18, 2012, 02:04:07 AM »
I know I'm coming to the party late, but I think of David Morse, when I think of Michael.
-Jackylhunter

Ugh, personally, I don't like him. He looks evil. In my mind, he could play Marcone.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SassyTime

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: July 21, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »
I always thought of Eb like Uncle Jesse in the Dukes of Hazzard.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/the-dukes-of-hazzard/photo-gallery-detail/EP00001365/291606

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: July 21, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
I'm sure we've said Daniel Craig for Kinkaid, haven't we?

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5133 on: July 21, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: July 22, 2012, 02:30:04 AM »
I found a better Molly.
Ugh, gross moment there when I considered Fillion for Harry with this.  Almost yacked. 

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5135 on: July 22, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »
Ugh, gross moment there when I considered Fillion for Harry with this.  Almost yacked.

If they can act out Master/Apprentice as well as they do Father/Daughter, maybe I'd change my opinion of Fillion.  As it is, I still don't think he's right for  Harry.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: July 22, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
Since I'm too lazy to go back through the thread and see who's been suggested, and because I don't remember who I've posted, I'm just gonna post my entire casting list. Putting it behind a spoiler tag because otherwise the post would be really long.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:15:57 AM by Tempus Corvus »
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: July 22, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »
Since I'm too lazy to go back through the thread and see who's been suggested, and because I don't remember who I've posted, I'm just gonna post my entire casting list. Putting it behind a spoiler tag because otherwise the post would be really long.
(click to show/hide)

1)  You mis-pictured your Viggo-for-Nico.  You doubled up on Bill.
2)  Luccio 2.0 is described as a blonde co-ed, if I recall correctly.
3)  Lots of great choices.  Not much I disagree with.  Other than Pearlman as Cowl.  Pearlman would make a better Erlking.  Cowl's sounds are synonymous with a snake, with a warbling modulation that many assume is due to Fomor gills.  Pearlman would be better suited as a deep resonate character.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »
I have redecided my decision for Nic.

Christian Bale would make a great Nic.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: July 23, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »
1)  You mis-pictured your Viggo-for-Nico.  You doubled up on Bill.
2)  Luccio 2.0 is described as a blonde co-ed, if I recall correctly.
3)  Lots of great choices.  Not much I disagree with.  Other than Pearlman as Cowl.  Pearlman would make a better Erlking.  Cowl's sounds are synonymous with a snake, with a warbling modulation that many assume is due to Fomor gills.  Pearlman would be better suited as a deep resonate character.
Alright, fixed the picture for Nicodemus. Thanks for letting me know.

As for 2, I think Luccio 2.0/Corpsetaker has dark hair. And to be honest, part of the reason I chose Zoe Saldana was just because I like her as an actress and I think she's awesome. I'm not always concerned with being 100% accurate to the books with casting.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: July 23, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »
Alright, fixed the picture for Nicodemus. Thanks for letting me know.

As for 2, I think Luccio 2.0/Corpsetaker has dark hair. And to be honest, part of the reason I chose Zoe Saldana was just because I like her as an actress and I think she's awesome. I'm not always concerned with being 100% accurate to the books with casting.

I like Zoe too, and I think she's talented enough to look young but have the weight of experience that Luccio would require. 

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:16 AM »
I'd actually pictured Ron Perlman in heavy makeup for the earlking, but I think your choice for original Luccio is spot on. The tone it would set for the character, especially in the introductory bar scene in dead beat...

audience would just be thinking "aw hell yes, Ripley is gonna kick some necromancer @$$!"

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: July 23, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
The problem with all these well-known actors is that, given the number of references to pop-culure in the series, it'd kinda stretch credibility that Harry wouldn't at least comment on the resemblance. They'd have to at least look different, or it would get ridiculous.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, Summer Glau for Luccio 2.0. Read her physical description (from the RPG, but it's a compilation of the Books' descriptions): long, lush, curling brown hair, a sweetly pretty face, killer dimples, and nice curves. She has a Cupid’s bow mouth, a squared-off chin, and dark flashing eyes. She is 5’4” and gives off a vibe of grace and strength united.

Now look at a picture:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1717538560/nm1132359

It's almost as if Jim had an actress in mind...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:54:17 AM by THE_ANGRY_GAMER »
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline PerfectVeil

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: July 24, 2012, 03:23:19 AM »
Since the first time I read the description of Lucio 2.0 ....."long, lush, curling brown hair, a sweetly pretty face, killer dimples, and nice curve"

"it gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a journey, time is a river and the door is ajar."

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: July 24, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
I was watching Alpha's the other night and I though put a blonde wig on her and she would make a great Murphy. Then I thought, wait a minute she is Murphy. Nothing wrong with Valerie Cruz avec blonde chapeau.

One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.