Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1124616 times)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #4950 on: March 29, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
I just found out that Paul Blackthorne is something like 6'3" - 6'4", so, yeah - he's Harry.

Offline PCL

• Conversationalist
  • Holy Shit! Heck hounds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: April 01, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »
Out of the options posted only Zachary Quinto has the right facial features of angles and planes.  8)

I Magus.

Offline Fuego de Alma

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:50 AM »
Out of the options posted only Zachary Quinto has the right facial features of angles and planes.  8)
I'm somewhat in the Fillion camp, but I will say right off that it's not about his features at all. Though I still think his features could work for Harry, it's about other things, like his half-smirk. Every time I read something about Harry snorting and delivering a smart-ass line to a bad guy, I imagine that smirk, and the tone of voice that goes with it. Other little things to do with tone or delivery, too. Like for example, when Harry wakes up from being knocked out and says, "The kid knows what she's talking about. ... What are we talking about?" I hear Nathan Fillion, in the same tone as his "What happened about me?" line from Firefly. When Harry gets really brutal, efficient, and dangerous, I see the look on Fillion/Mal's face when he put a bullet in someone who was threatening a young woman, or slapped a torture device on the guy who had been torturing him. When there are quiet, serious moments in the books, I hear Fillion's quiet and serious voice. So no, I don't think he looks exactly as Harry is described in terms of angular features (for that look, my vision is of David Tennant) but I can still see Fillion as Dresden, because it's his voice and his expression that pops into my head so very often when reading the books.

Offline bellmaker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: April 02, 2012, 01:06:58 PM »
I have now moved into the Fillon camp but with him and my though for Butters Neil Patrick Harris I can easly picture as a musical, But that might be my warped mind ::)

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: April 02, 2012, 06:32:17 PM »
I'm somewhat in the Fillion camp, but I will say right off that it's not about his features at all. Though I still think his features could work for Harry, it's about other things, like his half-smirk. Every time I read something about Harry snorting and delivering a smart-ass line to a bad guy, I imagine that smirk, and the tone of voice that goes with it. Other little things to do with tone or delivery, too. Like for example, when Harry wakes up from being knocked out and says, "The kid knows what she's talking about. ... What are we talking about?" I hear Nathan Fillion, in the same tone as his "What happened about me?" line from Firefly. When Harry gets really brutal, efficient, and dangerous, I see the look on Fillion/Mal's face when he put a bullet in someone who was threatening a young woman, or slapped a torture device on the guy who had been torturing him. When there are quiet, serious moments in the books, I hear Fillion's quiet and serious voice. So no, I don't think he looks exactly as Harry is described in terms of angular features (for that look, my vision is of David Tennant) but I can still see Fillion as Dresden, because it's his voice and his expression that pops into my head so very often when reading the books.

OMG, this. This is it exactly.
This message brought to you by a cloud of neurotransmitters.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: April 02, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

YES.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4956 on: April 04, 2012, 05:12:45 PM »
NO.  Much as I love Fillion, his smartassery isn't the same brand of smartassery I envision Harry as having.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:47 PM »
You mean down on their luck isn't universal?
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: April 05, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
Gotta agree with the warden on this one.

While I think Fillion would be a great addition to the cast somewhere (perhaps Michael?), I think we have to keep looking for an actor that is much more spot on.  Much as I like Mal Reynolds, he's really not the same character as Harry any more than he is Dr. Who or Dean Winchester or Remo Williams.

Maybe we'll know who's Harry for sure when we see it.  :-\

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: April 05, 2012, 03:54:15 AM »
Gotta agree with the warden on this one.

When I read this I thought you mean me.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: April 05, 2012, 03:57:06 AM »
Sage Brockleback
Actor
Height:  6'5"
Might not be lean enough for Harry

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #4961 on: April 06, 2012, 04:23:57 AM »
So I was re-reading Turn Coat... and... Um.... Benedict Cumberbatch or Colin Morgan is definitely Chandler.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: April 06, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »
Sage Brockleback
Actor
Height:  6'5"
Might not be lean enough for Harry

Omg I looked him up, (is this the correct guy?) and I found this
  :D ;D

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: April 06, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Omg I looked him up, (is this the correct guy?) and I found this
  :D ;D

Yup.  He has a supporting role on Psych.  That's what that clip is from.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: April 06, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
wow, he's certainly got the looks of harry...looks to be a very good fit.