Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127038 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #4575 on: October 27, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
Actually, I have no real problem with Reeves as Spike. He looks the part, and Spike is not very demostrative.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: October 28, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
Sorry TC i dont mean to troll (that was just meant as a poke to SL)

I do not support Reeves or Cruise in these movies at all

However I do support bale, he looks like what i think nic looks like. After seeing fighter i chose him because he amazed me.

My first choice for nick is Jeffery Donoven AkA Michael from burn notice

Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline wordjunky

• Lurker
  • Wizards do it with a staff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: October 30, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
Since there's 300 pages in this post, I haven't been able to read them all, so I don't know if it's been said yet, but I vote Anne Hathaway for Lily! Also, I stand by my vote for Hugh Jackman as Harry... he can really pull off the tortured, trying to do the right thing and getting hammered from all sides hero role.
Lara Raith- Kate Beckinsale
Kincaid- Jason Statham
Butters- Ok, I know he's not old enough, but I love Mathew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds for this!
Maeve- Scarlet Johansen
Thomas- I actually don't think he'd look good with the dark hair, but Cam Gigandet, because he does have that rediculously sexy vibe
Murphy- ok, you may wanna bury me in a deep dark hole somewhere, but everytime I think of Murphy, I picture Reese Witherspoon.
If I believe in reincarnation, can I come back as a character in the Dresden Files???

Offline CapnCowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: October 30, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
Grey Warden, please just stop. It's not funny, it will never be funny. If you're trolling, then you've taken it too far. If you're serious, then you really need to know that most of us do not share your opinons on the skills of certain actors, and it is unlikely that we will ever change our minds.
???
Goodness, you're sure blowing it way out of proportion. As far as I can tell, Grey Warden has posted exactly three times in the past five or six pages (since September). Those three posts were, from what I can tell, in order of post: A joke, a serious suggestion, and telling someone that if they were to watch a movie starring his suggestion that they might change their mind.

To which you immediately start shouting troll, and call him unfunny for something that doesn't appear to be a joke (Tom Cruise post excepted). And "taking it too far"? How so?

Look, I think that Cruise, Bale, and Reeves have all made some good movies. But they are not suited for anything in the Dresden Files. It's bad enough Keanu is apparently being cast as Spike in the live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, we don't need him messing up the Dresden Files too. And Tom Cruise is barely relevant anymore.

Bale's an ok actor. Haven't seen Fighter, but I liked the Prestige. Nevertheless, he's certainly not the right actor for Nicodemus.
Pure opinion. Telling someone, in essence, to shut it because your opinion of several actors is different from theirs is something that I'm pretty sure is frowned upon here.

In short: Calm down and don't go accusing others of trolling simply because you disagree with them.

PS: I'm totally on board with Jeffery Donovan as Nicodemus. In Burn Notice, he can certainly be menacing. Also, I thought he was really good in Changeling.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: October 30, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
I must say I agree. Donovan can play a great Nicodemus
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: October 30, 2011, 10:31:53 PM »
???
Goodness, you're sure blowing it way out of proportion. As far as I can tell, Grey Warden has posted exactly three times in the past five or six pages (since September). Those three posts were, from what I can tell, in order of post: A joke, a serious suggestion, and telling someone that if they were to watch a movie starring his suggestion that they might change their mind.

To which you immediately start shouting troll, and call him unfunny for something that doesn't appear to be a joke (Tom Cruise post excepted). And "taking it too far"? How so?
Pure opinion. Telling someone, in essence, to shut it because your opinion of several actors is different from theirs is something that I'm pretty sure is frowned upon here.

In short: Calm down and don't go accusing others of trolling simply because you disagree with them.

PS: I'm totally on board with Jeffery Donovan as Nicodemus. In Burn Notice, he can certainly be menacing. Also, I thought he was really good in Changeling.
Yeah, you're right, I overreacted. Grey Warden, I'm sorry for kind of flipping out.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: October 30, 2011, 11:31:10 PM »
I must say I agree. Donovan can play a great Nicodemus

I can't help it, he seems a little too pretty to play Nicodemus. 

Offline CapnCowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: October 30, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
Yeah, you're right, I overreacted. Grey Warden, I'm sorry for kind of flipping out.
Someone apologizing on the internet?! Highly irregular.

Congratulations, I award you 807 internet points. Don't spend them all in one place.
I can't help it, he seems a little too pretty to play Nicodemus. 
Oh I dunno. Nic is described as pretty good-looking. Plus, whenever I hear Nic's voice it's kind of a combination of Donovan and, for some insane reason, Antonio Banderas.

Like... as smooth and pleasant as Banderas but with Donovan's accent and inflections.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:43:38 PM by CapnCowl »

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: October 30, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
Pretty is pretty in my mind.  Personal taste and all that.
Funny, Nic is always British in my mind.

Offline CapnCowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: October 31, 2011, 02:59:43 AM »
Pretty is pretty in my mind.  Personal taste and all that.
Funny, Nic is always British in my mind.
Well, canonically Nic has a slight British accent, but for some reason I just can't imagine it. It just always reverts back to Jeffery Bandares. Or would that be Antonio Donovan? Jantonio Dondares? Anteffery Banovan?

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4585 on: October 31, 2011, 04:53:41 AM »
When I read Nic, I hear one person.

Sir.
Anthony.
Hopkins.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: October 31, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »
 ??? I imagine Nic as looking young.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: October 31, 2011, 06:22:57 AM »
??? I imagine Nic as looking young.

Thanks Capn Cowl for defending me. Thanks also to Dina.
Thank you TC for apologizing. I am not in the slightest angry with you.

As to donovan being too pretty, well im a guy so i have no idea. All i know is, Some episodes of Burn Notice i just think, hey hed make a great nic if he could tunnel this character right here.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline wordjunky

• Lurker
  • Wizards do it with a staff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: October 31, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
Totally agree with Anthony Hopkins for Nic! Has anyone ever seen the Rite? Hopkins is pure genius in that movie.
If I believe in reincarnation, can I come back as a character in the Dresden Files???

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4589 on: October 31, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
THANK YOU!  At last I have a supporter!
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.