Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126796 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #4545 on: October 01, 2011, 03:12:38 AM »
I'd see him more as Duke Ortega myself.
[/quote

Duke Ortega, or the Red King. 

Offline BLUEJACK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: October 01, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »
Would love to see GRAVE PERIL as a motion picture. It would be an excellent way to introduce the 'Files' to a wider audience because of all the opportunities for special effects and CGI. The characters would then of course, hook them for life. I was thinking that if this idea were to be given enough feedback and publicity, Mr. Butcher would get that check cashed for college credit. It could be another 'Serenity' style brought forth by the fans support. And on that note, I loved Paul Blackthorn, and would love seeing him reprise the character, but... if Nathan Fillion had some free time, and would consider the part....  It would give the fans an opportunity for a more accurate representation of Harry as I believe he already has most of the character traits practiced. I'm not complaining about Mr. Blackthorn, just the liberties that hollywood took with 'Harry'. ie. hockey stick, blue beetle, etc.
And if you happen to see this Mr. Butcher,
I'm not a big fantasy fan, but your work, with it's attention to the details, has made me a follower of your camp, rabidly awaiting each new release. Write faster, damn it! No. Wait. Can't short change the quality. [low growl]

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: October 02, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
Time to add a new name. I love so many of the actors listed, but someone got me onto Whhite Collar and I think Matt Bomer would be the perfect option. In the role he's too suave, but now I've watched enough episodes to see real potential for this great young actor. He's 'clean' enough, he's clever enough, he's vulnerable enough. I I really think he's THE actor. On the practical side, he might be cheap enough also! If things go fast, that is...

Using those adjectives is risky, but underneath the role is the actor that I think is dead on. He projects no sarcasm like Paul Blackthorn did, which bothered me. Snark is not sarcasm. Plus, if things go the long haul, (the really long haul) I think he has the talent to grow with the part into the knowledgable 'hardness' that I think is inevitable for the character Harry, whille still being angst without over doing it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:49:08 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: October 02, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
I thought Matt Boomer had been put forth for Thomas?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: October 02, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »
Many of us agree with what Snow stated. Bomer = Thomas. For me, he is too pretty to be Harry.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »
Yeah. Bomer as Thomas is one of the few things that almost everyone in this thread can agree on.

And does anyone have any ideas for Uriel? Not Jake!Uriel, but the younger form who appears in Changes. I think that Arthur Darvill (Rory Pond/Williams on Doctor Who) could work, because he looks young but is still capable of being really damn serious when he needs to. ("Would you like me to repeat the question?"=most badass thing ever. Harry needs to step his game up to top that.)

...Must resist urge to cast as many actors from Doctor Who as possible. No matter how awesome Alex Kingston and Matt Smith are.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: October 03, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
Jake/Uriel is obviously Morgan Freeman.

It's hard not to cast Misha Collins as young Uriel.  But he doesn't fit the description.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: October 03, 2011, 01:21:39 PM »
And does anyone have any ideas for Uriel? Not Jake!Uriel, but the younger form who appears in Changes.
Based solely on looks, I'd say Joseph Morgan.
This message brought to you by a cloud of neurotransmitters.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
Based solely on looks, I'd say Joseph Morgan.

Hmm, he could work. I could swear I've seen him in something before, but there's nothing on his IMDB page that I've seen.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: October 05, 2011, 09:36:13 PM »
Maybe he was a print model?

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: October 06, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »
there's nothing on his IMDB page that I've seen.
Ha, ditto, actually. I happened across him in some image search, and the description of Uriel as having cheekbones that could slice bread kind of popped into my head. He's from England, though, and we all know that everything sounds better in an English accent. (or maybe that's just me.)

I know we don't actually see them, but I may have settled on my Cowl and Kumori...

...mostly I think they have the voices for it.

Figging Mint

« Reply #4556 on: October 06, 2011, 04:24:03 AM »
and the description of Uriel as having cheekbones that could slice bread kind of popped into my head.

That totally made me think of Henry Cele.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: October 16, 2011, 03:26:08 AM »
I think I found Duke Ortega: Benjamin Bratt

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: October 16, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »
Yes.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: October 16, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
Hard to argue with that image.