Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1125492 times)

Figging Mint

Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #4230 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »

Cute Leanansidhe, though the body is rather more 'lush' than I had pictured Lea.   'Lush' in the sense of well-fed, with loose-ish creamy skin and no fascia showing under that skin.

(gee, I feel like I'm repeating myself a page later or something.)

That happens when there's a lot of peeps unpersuaded.  ;D

He's described as having crow's feet (hence my giving the guy some crow's feet, which might be more visible full-size, which the forum won't display) and salt-and-pepper hair (hence the smattering of gray hairs) which I take to mean "premature gray" more than "getting old."

IMO still smooth and baby-faced in between those a la carte crows' feet and dyeable grays. 

Also, this is how he looks in the comic book:

Doesn't look that old to me.

That guy could easily be anywhere from 30 to 47.    The forehead wrinklage is believable instead of looking stuck-on.   The receding hair at the temples is believable.  The slight jowliness goes against my picture of Marcone, but adds to credibility and impression of power.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: August 18, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »
Lea is described as having a lush figure, and her skin is creamy. And trust me, that actress can be scary if she wants.
That happens when there's a lot of peeps unpersuaded.  ;D
Really? Because I thought it was what happened when people didn't bother to read anything but the last post.
That guy could easily be anywhere from 30 to 47.
Very true. However, since many casts put forth are in their fifties and sixties, that would still be younger than he's being perceived. I would guess he's in his early-to-mid-thirties, with some premature gray, a natural widow's peak, and skin aged a bit by the sun, since he's described as tan. That would put him in his early twenties when the little girl was caught in the crossfire, which would work timeline wise.
(FYI, Sean Maher is 36, just sayin')

Next up, here is my vision of Susan:
This message brought to you by a cloud of neurotransmitters.

Figging Mint

« Reply #4232 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »
I'm sure that Lea could grow on me, given time. 

.Really? Because I thought it was what happened when people didn't bother to read anything but the last post.

I'm describing the effect, you're describing one possible cause  ;D

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: August 18, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
I agree that Sean Maher is a good choice for Marcone, actually. He's an amazing actor, and that's pretty much how I see Marcone physically... like a powerful rich guy; not large or physically intimidating, not someone you'd look at and say "wow, he's a crime lord." Someone who doesn't look out of place at expensive parties in thousand dollar suits. Harry's said as much practically every time he descibes the guy.
I just think I'd have trouble seeing him as a scary quasi-badguy after watching Firefly. I mean... come on... sweetie Simon killing people and trafficing drugs and running health-conscious brothels?  ??? Madness. Sheer madness.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: August 18, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »
I agree that Sean Maher is a good choice for Marcone, actually. He's an amazing actor, and that's pretty much how I see Marcone physically... like a powerful rich guy; not large or physically intimidating, not someone you'd look at and say "wow, he's a crime lord." Someone who doesn't look out of place at expensive parties in thousand dollar suits. Harry's said as much practically every time he descibes the guy.
I just think I'd have trouble seeing him as a scary quasi-badguy after watching Firefly. I mean... come on... sweetie Simon killing people and trafficing drugs and running health-conscious brothels?  ??? Madness. Sheer madness.
Thank you, Ziggelly.
It would kind of be the anti-Simon role, wouldn't it? That can be fun, though. Nathan Fillion made one of the best villains on Buffy, after all. :)

So, here's why I would cast Kat Dennings as Justine:

And David Boreanaz as Nicodemus:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:09:00 PM by NeuroHeart »

Offline Kirkfan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: August 19, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
Im a newbie to this forum..but this is an old question lol.  I have always pictured dresden as a young, tall Harry Hamlin. he has the perfect facial structure..and most of the attitude as well. and for Kincaid...well..there could be no better person to play him than Harvey Keitel! well..if you could de-age him to pulp fiction days anyway.

Offline SometimesKate

• Conversationalist
  • Character is what you are in the dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »
Honestly, I've always pictured Kincaid as being handsome.  Harvey Keitel is an excellent actor, but he was never handsome, and now he's downright scary looking. 
My colour is Blue

My Dresden Files purity rating is 57.7%  (just wait till I get my hands on the rpg books, and can remember a 10th Denarian)

DV SometimesKate v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK+++ RP JB- TH+ WG++ BC+ MC---- SH [Molly+, Lara+, Murphy++] FF----- MS+

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: August 19, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »
Honestly, I've always pictured Kincaid as being handsome.
Well, Murphy does refer to him as good-looking. ("It's been a long time since a good looking man took my pants off.")
I do like the idea of Christian Kane as Kincaid, but I think that Chris Hemsworth might come a bit closer to my picture of him. He is very tall and broad.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:52:44 PM by NeuroHeart »

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: August 20, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »
For Molly, how about this woman?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:47:25 AM by habu987 »
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Thaumologist

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: August 20, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »
And that is why we need a thumbs up function.

Offline talktotheHand

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: August 20, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »
Priscellie would probably love that.  She does some of the best Molly Cosplay I've seen here.
I see you're playing stupid again... Looks like you're winning too.   -anonymous
Power Corrupts, absolute power...Is actually kinda cool.

Offline Chuck Chuck Razool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
For Molly, how about this woman
I love how psyched she looks to be getting her picture with the Bruce.
"There's a voice that comes from everywhere, and it's not saying anything."

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: August 22, 2011, 01:01:00 AM »
Mab:

Offline Tim2.0

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: August 22, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »
ok neuro that chick scares me lol

Offline Orbweaver

• Posty McPostington
  • Let the games begin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: August 22, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
I don't see Mab there, neuro, but I do see Esmerelda from the Eebs.
In a world of black, white, and grey's... I'd be bright freaking purple. Resident Female Forum Denarian.